• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not sure what’s going on but how the heck can Julius Randle and Cam Reddish. There is something wrong from top down there. As long as Dolan is in charge, they will never win.

#firetheknicks

They are trying to trade Randle.   If they move Randle, you may see your boy playing more consistently. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yeah.. What I said... High usage guy.  Consistent minutes isn't going to make him better like say OO.   Consistent minutes will give you consistent production at that level.  But if you want the best from Cam.  Give him high minutes and the spotlight.  I don't think he will thrive as a role player. 

The usage rate doesn't vary much in these scenarios.  It is 19-21% except in the 3 games of 40+ minutes and doesn't have the same correlation as you look at the better numbers:

21% usage / 37.7% TS%

20.1% usage / 50.5% TS%

19.9% usage / 38.3% TS%

19.2% usage / 52.9% TS%

The minutes seem to have a much stronger correlation to improved shooting.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

I think you and I are aligned that him playing something like:  

5 minutes

DNP

DNP

15 minutes

isn't going to produce good results from him.  He needs consistent, significant minutes and role to hit his stride.  Looking at his career splits, they certainly tell that story to me:

image.png

Agreed that he's not set up for good production right now...but he's played only 3 games in his career above 40 minutes.  One of those games was against the Orlando G League Covid team.  So if you throw that game out, he actually is completely terrible unless he gets at least 20 minutes.  There's not much difference in his stats from 20-39 minutes per game and those numbers are not great. 
The actual trend tells a story that Cam is not a very useful NBA player.  It means to get any worthwhile, but still below average, production out of him he needs to play starters minutes.  But he's not a starter quality player.  

40 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Now I suppose we should let KK dip his big toe in the water for a minute or two in our next game!

:sun:

One would think that whenever Lou is out, that should open up minutes for Knox. But so far Nate has chosen to shorten the rotation than to replace those minutes with someone else.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Agreed that he's not set up for good production right now...but he's played only 3 games in his career above 40 minutes.  One of those games was against the Orlando G League Covid team.  So if you throw that game out, he actually is completely terrible unless he gets at least 20 minutes.  There's not much difference in his stats from 20-39 minutes per game and those numbers are not great. 
The actual trend tells a story that Cam is not a very useful NBA player.  It means to get any worthwhile, but still below average, production out of him he needs to play starters minutes.  But he's not a starter quality player.  

I think it is pretty obvious that Cam hasn't crossed the line where his career numbers tell the story of him being a productive player.  Last year and this year for us he was putting up a .537% TS% which is wayyyyy better than he had done before (was sub-.500%).  So I think you can make the case he was showing meaningful improvement in terms of his offensive efficiency.

My bigger point was that he is wayyyy worse in games where he gets less than 20 minutes versus games where he gets 20-39.  Note that these are per minute stats.  You do see a significant difference in the per game numbers but that is driven by minutes and so I didn't think it was as useful to discuss.

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Is Cam the modern (God I feel old even typing this) version of Dion Glover? For those Hawks fans back from those days do you remember how we all thought Dion after dominating Summer League was destined for big things and....yeah.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thank you! Send Evan away and play Cam with RJ.

322B86E3-4647-442B-BE52-881BE95FDC69.jpeg

Yea and then trade for Zion and who knows, maybe the Knicks can beat University of Central Florida by more than the 1 point those 3 beat them by when they were at Duke.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Is Cam the modern (God I feel old even typing this) version of Dion Glover? For those Hawks fans back from those days do you remember how we all thought Dion after dominating Summer League was destined for big things and....yeah.

Reminded me of Marvin, which at this point Cam will be lucky to be in the league as long as Marvin Williams.  

• Like 1

Cam Reddish to Lakers in three-way trade?

i_55_87_a2_cam-reddish.png?w=190

Michael Scotto: Sources: The Lakers, Knicks and Raptors have discussed a 3-team trade. Lakers get Cam Reddish and Alec Burks. Knicks get Goran Dragic and draft picks. Raptors get Talen Horton-Tucker and Nerlens Noel. There’s also a chance Kendrick Nunn is added to the trade as talks continue

via TwitterMikeAScotto

73A1BE57-ED26-4DE1-94F9-E18914D7EBBA.jpeg

98A442F8-721A-45A4-B11A-968C8BA79E74.jpeg

• Thanks 1

There was conversation after the Cam trade about how the Hawks had kept quiet any locker room discontent. So much so, people on this site didn't want to believe it even though the media talked about how their was locker room discontent or the team improved post trade.

See this story about the Nets locker room pre trade of Harden. Very little of this leaked to the media, but Harden/Durant weren't even on speaking terms.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sixers-nets-trade-aftermath-kevin-173707950.html

Teams do a really good job of keeping this stuff in house. If the players don't talk about it, the agents don't leak it, it doesn't get out. The team reporters toe the line.

• Like 2

Reddish played last night.  NY lost again.  I believe Cam has made all his free throws since the trade.  Kevin Knox continues to warm the bench in Atlanta.  

Thers's a draft pick still coming.  An asset, for sure.  

:hi:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There was conversation after the Cam trade about how the Hawks had kept quiet any locker room discontent. So much so, people on this site didn't want to believe it even though the media talked about how their was locker room discontent or the team improved post trade.

See this story about the Nets locker room pre trade of Harden. Very little of this leaked to the media, but Harden/Durant weren't even on speaking terms.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sixers-nets-trade-aftermath-kevin-173707950.html

Teams do a really good job of keeping this stuff in house. If the players don't talk about it, the agents don't leak it, it doesn't get out. The team reporters toe the line.

The Wiz too:

Davis Bertans, one of the former Wizards dealt during the trade deadline, revealed just how bad the locker room situation was. According to him, teammates would routinely fight with each other due to conflicts with their roles. (via Legion Sports)It’s tough to have team chemistry when every single day, the team [Wizards] is basically fighting with each other about, ‘I want to get more minutes’ and ‘I want a bigger role.’”That’s a damning statement from Bertans, who was traded to the Mavericks along with Spencer Dinwiddie for Kristaps Porzingis. Earlier in the season, Dinwiddie commented on the locker room situation of the Wizards, saying he wasn’t welcomed as a leader. It was clear that something needed to change within the team, and the management made that happen.

......and I do wonder if stuff is still simmering in the Hawks locker room? They don't seem to be playing with the same with each other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2