• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nah, truth is the truth.  

Your personal reality is what you want it to be though.

We know that there has been tension before with John's perceived role on the team.  He doesn't like the fact that his two main coaches aren't calling plays for him.  He also gotten upset at Trae's flashing green light to shoot the ball whenever he feels like it.

We also know Collins' profile as a player

• Nice 3 level scorer ( when set up )
  • Limited off the dribble game
  • Good post up game ( but sometimes goes to his move too slow )
  • Improved defender  . . ( I'd say that he's 2nd on the team now )
  • Ultra efficient offensively . . ( once again, because he makes the most out of being set up by others, mainly Trae )
  • Vocal leader

He and Trae are tight on the court. But the fact that John hasn't shown the ability to carry the Hawks offensively, is the reason why he must defer to Trae.  That Knick game was the time to prove his worth, and he didn't get it done.

As for Bogi, he flat out will ignore people to get his own shot off.  The ball movement that some of ya'll talk about with teams like Golden St Phoenix, and Memphis does not happen with this team because everybody wants to shoot.  They don't work the ball around to get the best shot.  We work the ball around and guys shoot when they think they're open.  Bogi is notorious for trying to get off that jumper, even when the best play would be to swing the ball around.

So don't be surprised if it's those two that may have underlying issues with Trae, that may also see them on the trading block.  And that's not saying that they dislike Trae.  They both may think that they should have a bigger role in the offense, whether they've proven it or not.

I can read!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

I even saw him drive coast to coast on one play (right into traffic...thankfully he got a bail-out foul call).

lmao after that play i turned to my wife and said  "Did you see that? That's a man who dgaf because he's about to get shipped"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We know that there has been tension before with John's perceived role on the team.  He doesn't like the fact that his two main coaches aren't calling plays for him.  He also gotten upset at Trae's flashing green light to shoot the ball whenever he feels like it.

We also know Collins' profile as a player

• Nice 3 level scorer ( when set up )
  • Limited off the dribble game
  • Good post up game ( but sometimes goes to his move too slow )
  • Improved defender  . . ( I'd say that he's 2nd on the team now )
  • Ultra efficient offensively . . ( once again, because he makes the most out of being set up by others, mainly Trae )
  • Vocal leader

He and Trae are tight on the court. But the fact that John hasn't shown the ability to carry the Hawks offensively, is the reason why he must defer to Trae.  That Knick game was the time to prove his worth, and he didn't get it done.

As for Bogi, he flat out will ignore people to get his own shot off.  The ball movement that some of ya'll talk about with teams like Golden St Phoenix, and Memphis does not happen with this team because everybody wants to shoot.  They don't work the ball around to get the best shot.  We work the ball around and guys shoot when they think they're open.  Bogi is notorious for trying to get off that jumper, even when the best play would be to swing the ball around.

So don't be surprised if it's those two that may have underlying issues with Trae, that may also see them on the trading block.  And that's not saying that they dislike Trae.  They both may think that they should have a bigger role in the offense, whether they've proven it or not.

I can read!

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

That's a role that John Collins WANTS to be in, but he also doesn't want to share power with Trae.

You said this and nothing in all those paragraphs you typed supported that.  Now saying John may want a bigger role that's fine and dandy, but nothing's been written about John not wanting to share leadership with Trae. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Via The Athletic Kirschner

Atlanta was looking for something closer to the slot where it drafted him, No. 10 overall, but nothing materialized. The front office had conversations with the Pacers, Lakers, Cavaliers and Pistons over the past several months, sources say, but the Hawks were always waiting for that first-round pick for Reddish.

Recently, The Athletic learned that the Lakers had offered two second-rounders for Reddish. Still, the Hawks believed a team would eventually offer the first-round pick they sought. They asked for Knicks rookie Quentin Grimes, the No. 25 selection during this past summer’s draft, during negotiations, but the Knicks turned them down, sources said.

Why did the Hawks give up on Reddish so soon?

This is one question a lot of Hawks fans will want the answer to because he was a fan favorite in Atlanta. And the answer is simple:

Reddish didn’t want to be with the team anymore. He requested out several months ago, sources say, and most players knew he didn’t want to be there, which led to awkwardness inside the locker room.

The Hawks were going to trade Reddish as soon as a team met their asking price, and the Knicks were that team.

Before the start of the season, Reddish told The Athletic he was looking to rediscover his “old self,” a reference to how he played in high school, when he developed into one of the nation’s top players while acting as more of a playmaker and creator. His role changed at Duke alongside Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett, who is now his teammate once again in New York. Atlanta has mostly used Reddish as a spot-up shooter, a role he and those around him did not think highly of because of his skill set.

If the Knicks can help Reddish improve his on-ball skills (he has more turnovers than assists in his career), he could turn into a much better player than what he showed in Atlanta.

Of course, Reddish joins a team with similar depth to the Hawks. He isn’t guaranteed dribble after dribble in New York, either.

Cam Reddish traded: How he’ll fit with Knicks, why the Hawks gave up on him right now and more – The Athletic

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@Sothron, @thecampster, @NBASupes

This what y'all been hearing or is this spin by our front office?

No that's what I said but missing the bit about him putting in less effort, being selfish. They wouldn't say that but it will come out. His people insisted on testing the trade market like I said.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

No that's what I said but missing the bit about him putting in less effort, being selfish. They wouldn't say that Outlook but it will come out. His people insisted on testing the trade market like I said.

Then good riddance.  I understand him wanting a bigger role, but what has he accomplished in the NBA not to give all out effort? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

His people is Trae's people. Don't forget that.  Before you throw water under the bridge, don't forget is steering the boat. 

Who is steering the boat? If Cam expresses he wants a bigger role, it's OMAR's job to try to find the situation to get him one.  With Trae on the team, Cam would never be a number one option.  We'll see how Cam turns out though. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

His people is Trae's people. Don't forget that.  Before you throw water under the bridge, don't forget is steering the boat. 

Last offseason you indicated that Cam switching representation was the reason the Hawks decided to keep him since they were displeased with his prior representation and the offseason work he didn't put in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1