• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

19 hours ago, JTB said:

I think it’s doable but how long are we willing to wait?…that’s the question. It’s great we have Trae and Murray locked up long term but how long should we wait for the development of AJ, JJ, OO to hit their starter potential??

I think that’s where the FO is. We could wait sure but there’s no guarantee even though Hawks University has officially returned.

BUT yes these 3 guys have starter potential in them one way or the other. I personally see JJ as the one player who could possibly be a two way star. JJ does a lot of good things on the court. AJ hands down has sixth man potential all over him. The more confident AJ gets the better. OO has star defensive potential in a similar fashion to Marcus Smart in my opinion. All 3 have a ways to go but we did very well drafting these 3 players in my opinion.

but again how long do we wait ???

This is an ongoing theme and on the surface it makes sense.  "Don't pay for acquiring an allstar develop one!"  Pat Riley doesn't do this.  Once you have a Dwade you go out and get Shaq and then get Lebron.  They have Butler and Bam, and they are going for an additional star via acquisition.

If the Hawks had Herro as a rookie and sophomore, what would people on this forum say?  He's untouchable.  He scored 37 points in a playoff game as a rookie, or whatever it was.  Gonna be a future Ray Allen.  

Some of you guys are basically saying keep 7-8 guys in "Hawks university" and use both first round draft picks next year as our best path to contender.  But I say we have enough young guys to develop and make an impact while still trading away some of our assets to get an actual All NBA player.  We can do both and we should.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Stand Pat isn't really an option for me.  Go look at the roster.  How are we looking at PF?   Our starter has played 1000 NBA minutes and averaged 5 points.   Our backups are all SFs who can maybe play PF if forced to.  

We have an expendable center and way too many guards.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 7/15/2023 at 1:15 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're going to stand pat, hoping that C+ students turn into A- students.

You know what that means . . .

Hurdles-fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 7/15/2023 at 1:25 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't doubt that our players will get better next season, I just question how good and consistent they'll be to lead to real 'winning'

Quarter of the season over and the expected improvement of AJ and OO is concerning.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:56 AM, macdaddy said:

Stand Pat isn't really an option for me.  Go look at the roster.  How are we looking at PF?   Our starter has played 1000 NBA minutes and averaged 5 points.   Our backups are all SFs who can maybe play PF if forced to.  

We have an expendable center and way too many guards.  

@Wretch cue Oprah gif please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AKA Standing pat.  Help is on the way!  Who?  When?  How?

Check out the Hawk's injured list.  We're expecting them back in 2 or 3 weeks.  Three of them!

Also, Hunter was out all the last game.  Trae was out the previous game and he played three quarters last night before being tossed.  Lundy has just been called up from G League.

Quen almost got tossed.  Refs awarded free throws, thinking he was tossed.  Had to erase one point when they discovered Quin was still on the bench.  

I hope we never see this crew of refs again.  Knowing I think this, they may get assigned to the Hawks, permanently. 

:ahf:

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm with you .... except ... we may have to trade Bey because we're not gonna re-sign him. 

Ok I’ll let you have Bey but the rest..

{Mel stares into the depths}..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1