• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

• Moderators

I've got friends who are all pissed we didn't do anything but there was nothing that would have made us better this year.   We couldn't have gotten Simmons.  That much is clear.   I liked CJ but there's the possibility that would have made us worse not better.   

No players moved that we could have gotten that would have made any difference to us this year.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

White and Theis for the Celtics.  Got rid of Dennis and Kanter too.  they made some good moves.  Nothing tells the Js to shoot more though than surrounding them with guys like that.   Still they improved a good bit. 

Dennis getting bought out.  I wonder if we are interested. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

White and Theis for the Celtics.  Got rid of Dennis and Kanter too.  they made some good moves.  Nothing tells the Js to shoot more though than surrounding them with guys like that.   Still they improved a good bit. 

Dennis getting bought out.  I wonder if we are interested. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, hazer said:

Yeah, but, to suggest it's "half" is a serious overstatement, imo.

Sometimes if not often, it's just that some fans are louder than others, and often the louder are the most negative.

My guess is 75-85% think he's good and want him on the team bad.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I don't know where we get the notion that we have a BU PG problem.  Delon/Lou does a good job with the 2nd Unit.  I would say we have the best 2nd Unit in the NBA right now. 

Moreover, who else do they hold to such a standard?

How about Milwaukee?  DO they have a BU PG problem?

What about Chicago?

What about Miami?

How about Toronto?

It's only us that seem to have this burden... That makes it impossible for us to be competitive.  When we really don't. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sturt said:

Yeah, but, to suggest it's "half" is a serious overstatement, imo.

Sometimes if not often, it's just that some fans are louder than others, and often the louder are the most negative.

My guess is 75-85% think he's good and want him on the team bad.

Can't agree with this enough.  

Here is my back of the envelope break out for Hawks fans with JC:

10% think he is too limited, not good and we need to deal him to upgrade

20% think he is good but think there are more exciting players that could be acquired and he has the game and salary to make that trade so he should be actively shopped and traded if the deal makes sense

25% think he is really good and important to our team but even though it hurts we need to get that second true star and so if we have an offer that is contingent on his inclusion for a true difference maker then we might have to sacrifice him to get it done

45% really like him, view him as a core player, and don't want to see us give him up without it being a godfather deal

Saying half the fanbase thinks he isn't good and wants him gone bad is a gross overstatement.  (Likes sturt's post).

• Like 1