• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Cmon, that's ridiculous thing to post.   For one, it only accounts for who is out on that exact date.  And it doesn't account for the level of player.  So it's quite disingenuous to say we top that list when 3 of the 5 players listed are guys who aren't even in the rotation.  Be better Diesel.

Now please post a legit list of injuires for all teams so we can see just how accurate your claim that we were the most injured team as well?

You're right, I missed the part that said part of the next games. It wasn't done purposely.   However,  I don't think there exist a list that shows all the players missed throughout a season. I do believe that teams like the Clipps and PTL and maybe Memphis that has had it worse than us.  But the point is still, you can't walk away and say that we haven't had it bad with COVID and Injuries.  And I would say worse than Most teams.  Are we the worse team... no.  Do we need to be the worse team to show that our results have been effected by players being out?  NO.

You've seen the effect.  With our squad mostly healthy, we have won games.   We have beaten the likes of Phoenix, Milwaukee, and Miami with our squad mostly healthy. 

The problem shakes is that you want to look over our whole season and say that's representative of what we are.  To that I say No and I have shown you games where winning was not likely because of who we had to put on the floor.   There's no need for us to be the worse.  We're one of the worse and that proves the point. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is the rub for me.  Teams everywhere seemed to be getting relief from Covid, including ones with many more healthy players that simply refused to sign the 10 day guys and so had to "forfeit" when they lost many fewer players than we did.  We seem the outlier for not having gotten any relief from cancellations and seemed to get punished for signing the 10 day guys as quickly as we did.  

yea that really pissed me off too.  Even if it was just a couple games, sure looks like we are going to need every win possible when its all said and done.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

This is the rub for me.  Teams everywhere seemed to be getting relief from Covid, including ones with many more healthy players that simply refused to sign the 10 day guys and so had to "forfeit" when they lost many fewer players than we did.  We seem the outlier for not having gotten any relief from cancellations and seemed to get punished for signing the 10 day guys as quickly as we did.  

Yeah... For that, I don't know who to blame.  Do we blame TS?  Or is it the league?  I do believe that the League has it out for us.  I believe that the new rules were to stop Trae from being a dominant force in the league.  I believe that when we get into the playoffs, the refs will fully enforce the Trae Young rules on Trae Young and give teams a pass for hard fouling our star.  Call me a cynic but the timing of things do matter. 

• Thanks 1

STAND PAT HAWWWWKKKSS!!!

image.gif.8bc7acc1ba7573e9c0ed109350a56c56.gif

12 hours and 15 min left!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2022 at 11:15 PM, sturt said:

Hope Sarah's right.

Still feel the GM has to add a legit back-up vet SF, and he ought to be able to do that at a very modest cost.

Yea this is the smart move, I'd hate to trade half our team for Simmons like some on here want.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

it is going to be a dog fight just to get into the playin. The EC is like the old school 80's and 90's EC. The best teams except for a couple in the west are all in the East. The teams atop of us all made trades except for Chicago to get better and they did just that. 

I fully expect us to make at least one major trade in the offseason. But that's then. We've got no one but ourselves to win games and make the playoffs to cause more havok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

it is going to be a dog fight just to get into the playin. The EC is like the old school 80's and 90's EC. The best teams except for a couple in the west are all in the East. The teams atop of us all made trades except for Chicago to get better and they did just that. 

I fully expect us to make at least one major trade in the offseason. But that's then. We've got no one but ourselves to win games and make the playoffs to cause more havok.

Gonna be fun.  Us against the world and we got to climb out of a pit.  Nets will start playing well again.  Toronto and Boston looking good.  Charlotte has one of the weakest schedules.  This will be tough. Cleveland and Chicago are playing almost like contenders.  It's hard to see who we are jumping over.  

Last year's east was much weaker.  We played NYK as a 4 seed and that same team is toast right now.   

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Gonna be fun.  Us against the world and we got to climb out of a pit.  Nets will start playing well again.  Toronto and Boston looking good.  Charlotte has one of the weakest schedules.  This will be tough. Cleveland and Chicago are playing almost like contenders.  It's hard to see who we are jumping over.  

Last year's east was much weaker.  We played NYK as a 4 seed and that same team is toast right now.   

I don't know if we can make it to top six. Charlotte didn't get the center they wanted so they are someone I can see us getting over but not top six. I hope I am wrong.

• Premium Member

Still think the GM will add someone via buyout.

If not a couple.

There was some talk of him being interested in Dragic.

Could see that, actually... Delon would end up being a fourth wing at times.

Could also see Kent Bazemore coming back from LA.

But we do need to fill that slot behind Hunter someway, imo.

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't know if we can make it to top six. Charlotte didn't get the center they wanted so they are someone I can see us getting over but not top six. I hope I am wrong.

It would be a major accomplishment if we get top 6.  I want to see us either get a 6 seed or knock off one of the top seeds.  We could have a Hawks vs Philly or Milwaukee rematch in round one. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We just need to now block out the noise and focus and win as many games as we can.  Can't depend on other teams losing.

• Like 2