• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

STAND PAT!!!!!!

Spud2nique

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

My position remains the same. If a move could benefit us long term, I'm all for it. I don't understand the "stand pat" position. If there are moves that can make you better, then do so. 

This team has a VERY delicate chemistry balance as we saw by getting rid of Cam. At this point we just beat the best team in the NBA why screw that up? This is a VERY young team that is still learning, getting rid of players while we are still young and learning could really screw things up.

Also it would be wrong to over react to our losing streak when 2/3rds of the roster was on COVID IR and we had a teams worth of guys on 10 day contracts playing for us.

Now that we got everyone back and have started to put more emphasis on defense we look like a top 3 team in the NBA.

Yea it sucks we are kind of bipolar but that is what happens with a team this young. 

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

I was just reviewing upcoming free agents for 2022 and 2023 -

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32049869/nba-free-agents-team-team-lists-2022-2023

Is it a foregone conclusion that Zach Lavine resigns with Chicago?

I'm not saying we need to go out and get him (probably can't with our cap situation) but he's someone I pushed for a couple years ago when there was a rumor of a "star" player that we might be trading for.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Is trading Cam and Gallo (potentially) for picks really standing pat?

Didn't want Cam to be traded, but I was ignorant of the entirety of the situation. Knowing what I/we know now, yes it really had to be done, and yes, it really was wise of the GM to get it done several games ahead of the deadline in order to take a surgical approach to what this roster needed/needs.

Was it standing pat, no, but that's really beside the point... it had to be done, soooo... it had to be done.

Is trading anyone on the roster now who is in the rotation... for picks or otherwise... "standing pat?"

Not sure how anyone would argue that it would be. So, no.

And by the way... isn't my new avatar lovely? 🙂

(It's also temporary... until Thursday, of course.)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Question for the stand pat guys; Is trading Cam and Gallo (potentially) for picks really standing pat?

No but this thread was after that. Cam got traded on Jan 13th, this thread started the 19th, so STAND PAT (as of then..) :sarcastic:

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 12:18 AM, Spud2nique said:

I don’t want KAT.

I don’t want Ben.

I don’t want Turner.

WE BUILT THIS THIIINNNNGG!!!! Let’s watch it improve and grow within. It’s a mindset and mentality for us more than player trades. We have the talent. We are just young. (Some pun intended) :spiteful:

I LOVE OUR CORE!!!!!!!

Whose with meeeeee!!!!

image.gif.322f79b1b17f61439b0f037c2dabd3bb.gif

I didn't even know Pat had fallen.  What was wrong with Pat?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Spud... Mule... not that it's that important... but this might help relieve those confused looks you're giving me (?).

OK.  Since I have never watched SNL once, this is why I was confused.

:hi:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

It is not one of their better skits.  More remembered for being annoying than funny.

What? No way. Those skits were funny. I just think that at some point you would just ask someone if they were a guy or a girl. 

Stand Pat.  Who is this Pat we keep talking about?

Group of new recruits on the firing range for the first time.  After careful instructions to all the men on how to load, aim, etc. the instructor said, "Now you may fire at will."

One recruit immediately jumped up and ran away as fast as he could.  Who is that?  Why did he run away?  One of the recruits said, "Why, Sir, That's Will."

What do the Hawks really, really need that they do not already have?  What would be the cost?  There are players available, both great and small.  Consider the cost before you jump.

:smug:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Anyone else feel like this after the Mavs game tonight? -

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vwjoosmj216pt28tko

I was all for standing pat before that $h** show. Travis might have some decisions to make next couple of days. 

My view was that our recent success or failure shouldn't drive the decision whether to make a trade or not.  Look to the future state of the team and whether we are better off for the trade or not.  We haven't shown we are title contenders this season so no reason to mortgage the future to try to maximize our chances this year.  If the value lines up, TS shold pull the trigger.  If not, then hold and keep exploring options for when the trade market opens back up in the offseason.  

But I did absolutely feel like that after last night's game!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

My view was that our recent success or failure shouldn't drive the decision whether to make a trade or not.  Look to the future state of the team and whether we are better off for the trade or not.  We haven't shown we are title contenders this season so no reason to mortgage the future to try to maximize our chances this year.  If the value lines up, TS shold pull the trigger.  If not, then hold and keep exploring options for when the trade market opens back up in the offseason.  

But I did absolutely feel like that after last night's game!

The problem with that logic is that we didn't show that we were title contenders last season and there we were in the ECFs two games away from the finals. 

Right now, the East is wide open and like us or not, we have shown that we have the ability to beat any team.  We have beaten:

Phoenix, Milwaukee, Miami, Philadelphia, Boston, Memphis, LAL & Cleveland this season.   These are all teams that are supposed to be contenders.  So how are we not contenders.

As we look at our team, we are a few ticks away from being right their.. There may be a small trade that can get us there.  And that is what should drive the decision to make a trade or not.  The championship window is too small to be trying to conjure up long term plans.  And we are right there.   TS job is to look over our team, look passed the things that don't matter and see what will make us better both now and in the future.