• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

I really thought Hunter was going to be able to be that guy to go get his shot whenever he wanted to smh…and I had the audacity to call him baby Leonard.

Oh and one thing I see everyone is agreeing with is the craziness of no OO and Capela lineup! ….yeah I like McMillan but I can’t support him on that. Not sure what’s up with McMillan and these questionable lineups after looking so genius like last season when he took over.

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why in the world would Watson come the Falcons with no receiver and no defense??

Apparently Allen Robinson and Jarvis Landry could potentially follow him here. Landry is supposedly meeting with the Falcons sometime this week.

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Dude is a f'n troll. Literally the only times he posts are to trash the Hawks after a loss. Or to trash Trae after a bad game. Just ignore him. 

Yep.I can be hard on our players, but At least Im here win or lose..... And I trash any player that deserves it.. One guy just trash's Trae....That's it........ The other person trashes Trae and Bogi....But thinks JC is the best thing since slice bread...smh

I dont discriminate when it comes to calling our players out... lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And where is that money coming from???

OUr new GM came from the Saints.. He knows a thing or two about munipulating the cap.....And the Falcons will have over 100 million in FA next season if Ryan is traded... Next year is the year to take off.. This season is just to get it started...lol

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why in the world would Watson come the Falcons with no receiver and no defense??

Actually my friend i can help you on this one 🙂      Because next year believe it or not we have right at 90 to 100 million in cap space to build the team anyway he wants to. That 90 million number is actually with Watson on the team too which is awesome.   We can target guys he would want to play with and build a legit offense around him he is comfortable with.     Where as the Saints are dead last next year already in cap space already being 5 mil over the cap as we talk.   So he goes there he is stuck with whatever they got with little room to do anything going forward.    

Plus his entire family is here and he loves Atlanta and brags about our org. all the time.   We are the only team he actually asked to talked to to see if we were interested and were also the only team he flew out to meet us here.    Everyone else asked to interview him and had to fly to houston. 

Now rather we get him or not who knows but their are damn good reasons as to why coming here would be a good idea.   We are 1 season away from being able to build any type of team he wants in his home town with the team he grew up loving and has worked for before.

We are the much better choice of all the teams asking about him long run because of our maneuverability next year.  Saints and Panthers would be good next year for him but after that we take over the lead for the next decade.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You still got folks on the board that thinks he is worth a darn!

I think he’s worth something too…in a trade. 

At this point I’m secretly hoping he has a good showing the rest of the year/playoffs so some time will want him. The NBA isn’t just about offense these days, and you gotta bring something to the table when you aren’t shooting well. You can excuse Trae who will put in more effort on D and can affect the game in other ways offensively. 

Bogi can have amazing stretches but he’s just too streaky. When he’s playing well you just wonder when he’s going to hit a slump and for how long. We just need a solid 3 and D guy, which apparently is a lot to ask for from the current roster. 

Edited by AUhawksfan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I really thought Hunter was going to be able to be that guy to go get his shot whenever he wanted to smh…and I had the audacity to call him baby Leonard.

Oh and one thing I see everyone is agreeing with is the craziness of no OO and Capela lineup! ….yeah I like McMillan but I can’t support him on that. Not sure what’s up with McMillan and these questionable lineups after looking so genius like last season when he took over.

I tried to tell people it was more about our players being ecstatic that LP was gone, more than Nates coaching.....And we're stuck with his stubborn ass for 3 more years(paying him at least).. smh

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Bogi can have amazing stretches but he’s just too streaky. When he’s playing well you just wonder when he’s going to hit a slump and for how long. We just need a solid 3 and D guy, which apparently is a lot to ask for from the current roster. 

Bogi is either very 🔥 or very 🥶

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Lack of consistency. Hot in the 1st, cold in the 2nd.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022101033&PlayerID=1629631&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Welp... Worst case scenerio.. 

Trae gets hurt.

Not to mention Gallo.. and big finger JC. 

But Trae is hurt...   time for the prayers of the Saints to go up on Trae's behalf.

With no Trae, this team is boo boo. 

I applaud our wings in the first half.. but we need somebody who can step up and take up the slack.   Just like Most losses, the boo birds are going to come out and complain about every player.  But if Trae is hurt.. all those complaints are moot right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi is either very 🔥 very 🥶

On offense yes but his lack of effort on defense is always imo. He might luck into a few steals but more often than not he is giving up anytime someone puts a minor move on him and letting them by easily or fouling them on purpose.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

to try to win now???  LOL!  Are they trying to be the Hawks of the NFL? 

Falcons choice is a 5 to 10 year plan to have a much longer window open starting next offseason.   Saints and Panthers are much shorter window options with little room to change anything for him.

• Like 1