• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best possible offseason for all ready to make moves teams in the NBA

NBASupes

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

I simply see Ayton as a better investment than Gobert.  Easily.  Because of his mature offense.

Earlier I balked at the idea of trading Clint and OO for Ayton and then having to pay Ayton the max because I saw the potential  in OO taking over for Clint and having the C position locked up.  I still fancy the idea but OO has had a great slide. I would love to see what he could look like after a summer of Big man work out.   However, Ayton is on the move now. 

To me, it's a toss up.

But  Gobert can't cover our Wangs like Clint/OO can.  He's a rim protector and just that. 

OO isn't taking over shit anytime soon imo....If ever...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

When you have young players with some upside on the market but you need good players to surround your star, best move is to pack players for an upgrade, we are deep enough.

Do you prefer Ayton or Capela/Okongwu? We can still sign a backup C as Hartenstein/Boucher/Mcgee/Whiteside...

Siakam or Collins/Huerter? Consider you still can sign someone as Bruce Brown or Gary Harris.

We have options un FA that still are similar to our players.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sothron said:

I mention the Ayton for Capela trade talk that we've discussed here for months on realgm and the Suns fans are losing their minds over it. I guess they didn't realize how cheap their owner was?

lol man I’d love to see it happen and I’m not doubting anything you guys hear ….heck schlenk can say publicly tomorrow that we are going after Ayton and I still wouldn’t believe we’d have a true shot at him.

it’s just a too good to be true to have Ayton and Trae. Like seriously Trae is so damn historic with the pick I could realistically see some records breaking as a duo in terms of offense.

• Like 2

These are probably the best trades we can pull off without paying an arm and a leg: 

Draft trades: 

Gallo, get him to extend his Team Option to July 7th for Aaron Gordon. 

I looked at so many players like Harrison Barnes, A. Gordon, Marcus Morris Sr., and Jerami Grant. The money or future money is too much. Gordon is just right. Denver is paying MPJ so much money, I think Denver might be open to it.

The blockbuster: 

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7547172

Gobert and Brogdon to Atlanta

Myles Turner, JC, and Kev to Utah

Capela and Bogey plus UTAH 1st pick to Indy

Trae

Brogdon

Hunter

Gordon

Gobert

I do see potential in us doing a Gallo/16 for Brodgon/31 deal which means we don't have to deal JC but I still think Utah will opt for JC over Capela so that leaves Capela needing a team. He does have value so we can get something good for him, I just don't know what. 

• Premium Member

I don't love known of the trades that I have seen in this thread.

Gobert/Ayton... too much for players that won't move the needle where we need the needle moved. 

Aaron Gordon?  Why?

Myles Turner..  Come on man.

These are just moves to be making moves.   These are not moves to address our real problem.

First.. find a way to bring back Gallo and Delon. 

I don't know how we can do it.. But I would look hard at acquiring Andrew Wiggins.

Wiggins is liable to be odd man out in GS.  They just have to get rid of somebody.   Poole looks to be the future and I believe GS will pony up money for him.  BUT GS has some decisions to make about Wiggins sooner rather than later.   He's a free agent next summer.  He is known now for his defense.   I think he'd make a good partner for Trae... 

• Premium Member

Zion Williamson is as big a headcase as Ben Simmons.

I don't want him.   Even if you don't want to be in N.O.... support your team.   He's in violation.   I don't trust his health and now I don't trust his loyalty. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gallo, get him to extend his Team Option to July 7th for Aaron Gordon. 

Are you crazy? The grass is greener theory cuz Gordon is the reason the Nuggets are getting killed. The warriors specifically plan to leave him wide open. Nah man, comon Supes your better than that.

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't want him.   Even if you don't want to be in N.O.... support your team.   He's in violation.   I don't trust his health and now I don't trust his loyalty. 

This is most of the league now. That’s why I’m happy we have Trae. He’s 1 of a handful left.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

this was Kawhi a few years ago.  Granted Kawhi was already an elite player and champion but still. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't love known of the trades that I have seen in this thread.

Gobert/Ayton... too much for players that won't move the needle where we need the needle moved. 

Aaron Gordon?  Why?

Myles Turner..  Come on man.

These are just moves to be making moves.   These are not moves to address our real problem.

First.. find a way to bring back Gallo and Delon. 

I don't know how we can do it.. But I would look hard at acquiring Andrew Wiggins.

Wiggins is liable to be odd man out in GS.  They just have to get rid of somebody.   Poole looks to be the future and I believe GS will pony up money for him.  BUT GS has some decisions to make about Wiggins sooner rather than later.   He's a free agent next summer.  He is known now for his defense.   I think he'd make a good partner for Trae... 

Wrong about Ayton and Gobert for us? We have to upgrade that center spot. Even with Capela, we are too limited for Capela to be our biggest impact player. 

I was just naming potential replacements for JC. I don't see Utah choosing Capela over having JC. JC fits so many areas for them and they can trade picks to get someone like Turner who fits JC like a glove and fits Utah's personnel. I am not in love with Gordon. I don't really love any of these PFs to be honest. There is a reason JC has trade value, that position is weak across the league. 

Turner is a great fit for JC even if he's not for Trae. He would fit well with Mitchell and JC. 

No they aren't. 

Andrew Wiggins? Get the f*** outta here. 

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Zion not going nowhere anyway. It's said he will get a max extension from NO and sign it too. 

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are you crazy? The grass is greener theory cuz Gordon is the reason the Nuggets are getting killed. The warriors specifically plan to leave him wide open. Nah man, comon Supes your better than that.

This is most of the league now. That’s why I’m happy we have Trae. He’s 1 of a handful left.

I was naming names, if you look at the PF position, it's quite weak across the league. 

• Like 1

We need some tough guys in our team, badly. I’d love to get Marcus Smart on this team but I don’t think  Boston is letting him go. I’d try to get him for Huerter or Bogi and a first. 

Another guy I think would fit great is OG Anunoby. He’s the guy we all thought Hunter could become. I’d try Capela straight up for OG. I think it’s a good trade for both teams but maybe Toronto wants more. 

If none of these work, roll the dice and go hard after Ayton and Zion. 

My argument is this, I agree with Diesel mostly here, but def see what supes is saying and used to lean more that way, but what I'm saying is Trae is getting better still I feel and isn't requiring cap.or.jc as much but in the series we're in right now those guys healthy is that cherry we need, but I feel like that'll be the same if we get gobert or aytom, but we're just paying way more.for.it, I think capella value is very good, and will increase as Trae getting better at handling traps and locked down defense.   As far as that second threat we all talk about I don't know how that gets pulled off or how realistic that is.  The deeper we go this year in post season the more realistic , but if we get bounced now doubt tony going to go all out 

Edited by hylndr11

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

My argument is this, I agree with Diesel mostly here, but def see what supes is saying and used to lean more that way, but what I'm saying is Trae is getting better still I feel and isn't requiring cap.or.jc as much but in the series we're in right now those guys healthy is that cherry we need, but I feel like that'll be the same if we get gobert or aytom, but we're just paying way more.for.it, I think capella value is very good, and will increase as Trae getting better at handling traps and locked down defense.   As far as that second threat we all talk about I don't know how that gets pulled off or how realistic that is.  The deeper we go this year in post season the more realistic , but if we get bounced now doubt tony going to go all out 

The issue is, Trae is gonna spam Clint no matter what. So you bring in other players, it's not like their touches will go up or anything, if anything, they will have to sacrifice. 

We seen Wiggins in a heliocentric system in Minnesota and flop badly. 

We know this system isn't for everyone. Because Trae is small, bigs aren't just a want, they are a need and essential. Year 2, we had no bigs and was one of the worst teams in the NBA for most of it. 

11 minutes ago, DS5 said:

We need some tough guys in our team, badly. I’d love to get Marcus Smart on this team but I don’t think  Boston is letting him go. I’d try to get him for Huerter or Bogi and a first. 

Another guy I think would fit great is OG Anunoby. He’s the guy we all thought Hunter could become. I’d try Capela straight up for OG. I think it’s a good trade for both teams but maybe Toronto wants more. 

If none of these work, roll the dice and go hard after Ayton and Zion. 

OG is from what I was recently told, a part of Toronto's core. He was one of the players they do not want to move at all. 

Him, Siakam, and Barnes. I was told FVV can be moved for the right price but it's going to be expensive.

Smart ain't going nowhere. The time to get him was dealing the trade deadline and his price was too high for those who called and Atlanta was one of them. 

Atlanta shopped Huerter heavily and while interest was there, the deals Atlanta coveted like Josh Hart and C.J. McCollum was outbid for. 

• Sad 1