• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would be nice yo have a freakishly long front court around Trae….

JTB

I’ll keep it short…

I’ve longed said that Trae would highly benefit from an unusual freakishly tall long front court and I still believe that!

While Trae did make the cavs look like he owned them in the play in game in whole 2nd half… I was highly impressed with cavs big front court lineup in the first half. Trae eventually started to break them down but the point is that a big front court like that can be impactful especially for a player like Trae! …I think you still have to have your modern day lineup for matchup reasons but it would be nice if we had a true big lineup we could go to , to surround Trae.

No offense to Garland but if Trae had a tall ass front court like that he would led the cavs to more wins than garland easily!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We do have Jalen who could fit nicely into a a big athletic front court.  I'm not sleeping on that kid.  

Yeah but they (front office per the media ) keep saying they see Jalen as PF not a SF…if that’s the case they aren’t willing to experiment running Jalen on the floor along with collins and capela or OO and Capela or whatever bigger lineup you believe would fit.

id be all for it personally cause in my eyes if Markenen (I probably spelled his name wrong but tall white guy on the cavs)…if he can play SF minutes then I know Jalen could. Our front office need to get over this stubbornness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I needs to happen.

I wouldn't mind Hunter, Okongwu once he improves his range and Gobert. Hunter and Gobert have +6 wingspan and Okongwu covers a lot of ground on switches and man D. 

With this move you increased the defense but one could argue keeping capela at the 5 may be nearly as impactful at a cheaper cost because Nate never plays OO with capela as it is now and most of us believe if there’s a front court of these 3 hunter, OO, Capela the defense will certainly fair better while the offense would suffer.

i personally do not think Goberts defense will be major over Capelas if we were to replace Capela for Gobert. I think the true impact we see from a Gobert move is on the offensive end because Gobert finishes above the rim way better than capela and he’s doing it with lesser playmaking skills surrounded around him.

so I only look at a Gobert trade in terms of better above the rim offense than what capela can offer. The question is at least for me is it so much better where he’s worth that max contract he’s on…if schlenk think so then great make the trade but for me I question it a bit.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

With this move you increased the defense but one could argue keeping capela at the 5 may be nearly as impactful at a cheaper cost because Nate never plays OO with capela as it is now and most of us believe if there’s a front court of these 3 hunter, OO, Capela the defense will certainly fair better while the offense would suffer.

i personally do not think Goberts defense will be major over Capelas if we were to replace Capela for Gobert. I think the true impact we see from a Gobert move is on the offensive end because Gobert finishes above the rim way better than capela and he’s doing it with lesser playmaking skills surrounded around him.

so I only look at a Gobert trade in terms of better above the rim offense than what capela can offer. The question is at least for me is it so much better where he’s worth that max contract he’s on…if schlenk think so then great make the trade but for me I question it a bit.

Gobert is miles better defensively than Capela. And Capela is one of the best in the NBA but this is like saying, who you rather have,  Trae on offense or prime Kemba on offense? That's the difference. Some will say it's not significant but others like me will massively disagree. 

Offensively, they are similar, Gobert just a clearly better finisher and FT shooter but they are mainly the same. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Gobert is miles better defensively than Capela. And Capela is one of the best in the NBA but this is like saying, who you rather have,  Trae on offense or prime Kemba on offense? That's the difference. Some will say it's not significant but others like me will massively disagree. 

Offensively, they are similar, Gobert just a clearly better finisher and FT shooter but they are mainly the same. 

I like Gobert a lot and agree with your assessment.  My main worries for him are salary  (and how you fill the rest of the roster) and age.  I do agree with your assessment that if Utah decides they need to get rid of one of Gobert or Mitchell that Gobert should be a cheaper trade target because of these two things than someone like Ayton who is much younger.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Who are you trading to get Gobert? And what does your dream starting lineup look like ? 

Just now, JTB said:

Who are you trading to get Gobert? And what does your dream starting lineup look like ? 

Kevin and JC. I don't think Capela would be the move for Utah. There is a good chance we would have to include 16th overall pick.

I don't have a dream lineup

I just want Trae surrounded by guys who can protect him, can shoot, and can play to his style of Basketball within the cap. 

Finding the PF for now will be extremely difficult. Maybe not even possible. 

Maybe we just need to develop Okongwu and JJ and see who can take the job. 

Gobert and Trae gives us the floor and ceiling to contend. 

The rest is the challenge. 

Kevin and Bogi are redundant, we only need one. 

I am not an fan of Brogdon fit but in the playoffs, I do see our need for someone like that. 

Trae style of play makes finding the right SG/SF so hard. I would love Dorian Finney-Smith but he's not available for a reasonable cost. 

I would like to add Eric Gordon to play with Delon Wright. 

I actually got more players on this squad that I want to keep than last year. 

But starters wise, I am okay with getting rid of everyone not named Trae or Hunter and I would easily get rid of Hunter but finding a big 3&D wing with size and length just isn't out there like that. There are teams that need that player and we at least got it even if many here would love to upgrade him. 

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need a second star and an upgrade at center. I like Capela but he has no offense outside of rim running.

Rim Running would be enough if we had a second star.

Here's the problem.  We have deficiencies at our wings and we're trying to unload the problem on our Center position. 

If we were to totally change our C position and not address our Wings, we would still be in the same place. 

Understand this.

We're watching it.  Trae's gravity is drawing 3 defenders.  That means that 2 players are open.  When Trae passes off.. the guy that get the ball has to be able to hit the shot or to come away with Points.  Our Guys are not. 

k Player Age G GS MP FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS FG% 3P% FT% MP PTS TRB AST STL BLK
1 Bogdan Bogdanović 29 2 0 54 12 26 5 14 6 6 2 5 7 5 0 0 3 8 35 .462 .357 1.000 27.2 17.5 3.5 2.5 0.0 0.0
2 Trae Young 23 2 2 69 11 32 2 17 9 11 3 9 12 11 2 0 16 4 33 .344 .118 .818 34.5 16.5 6.0 5.5 1.0 0.0
3 De'Andre Hunter 24 2 2 70 12 23 3 7 3 3 0 5 5 0 1 1 2 8 30 .522 .429 1.000 34.9 15.0 2.5 0.0 0.5 0.5
4 John Collins 24 2 1 50 10 17 1 3 2 6 1 13 14 3 2 0 2 2 23 .588 .333 .333 25.2 11.5 7.0 1.5 1.0 0.0
5 Danilo Gallinari 33 2 2 51 5 18 1 7 8 8 1 10 11 1 1 0 2 3 19 .278 .143 1.000 25.4 9.5 5.5 0.5 0.5 0.0
6 Kevin Huerter 23 2 2 57 6 18 5 13 0 0 1 5 6 8 2 2 4 7 17 .333 .385   28.4 8.5 3.0 4.0 1.0 1.0
7 Delon Wright 29 2 0 50 5 11 2 7 2 2 3 2 5 8 4 0 3 0 14 .455 .286 1.000 25.2 7.0 2.5 4.0 2.0 0.0
8 Kevin Knox 22 1 0 5 3 5 2 4 2 2 0 2 2 0 1 0 3 0 10 .600 .500 1.000 5.0 10.0 2.0 0.0 1.0 0

Look at the field goal percentages.  We expect more.  Especially from outside. 

• Premium Member

I want both if possible. Get a second star AND an upgrade at center. We have plenty of young guys on good deals plus the Hornets picks and our own picks. There is a time when you have to push the chips in and make an all in move. This summer is the time to do it. 

I have nothing against Capela. If we had a star wing player to put next to Trae then Capela upgrade becomes a luxury. We should try to get both if we can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I want both if possible. Get a second star AND an upgrade at center. We have plenty of young guys on good deals plus the Hornets picks and our own picks. There is a time when you have to push the chips in and make an all in move. This summer is the time to do it. 

I have nothing against Capela. If we had a star wing player to put next to Trae then Capela upgrade becomes a luxury. We should try to get both if we can.

Yes, we are prime for a move like this.  We don’t really have bad contracts either.  It’s only a question on the right player being available.  

I’m intrigued by Gobert if no other impact player is available.  We could involve Capela with a third team if Utah doesn’t want him.  Would Capela plus Huerter and a pick work?  

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, JTB said:

I’ll keep it short…

I’ve longed said that Trae would highly benefit from an unusual freakishly tall long front court and I still believe that!

While Trae did make the cavs look like he owned them in the play in game in whole 2nd half… I was highly impressed with cavs big front court lineup in the first half. Trae eventually started to break them down but the point is that a big front court like that can be impactful especially for a player like Trae! …I think you still have to have your modern day lineup for matchup reasons but it would be nice if we had a true big lineup we could go to , to surround Trae.

No offense to Garland but if Trae had a tall ass front court like that he would led the cavs to more wins than garland easily!

We definitely do need a 7fter. I've been saying and hoping that since last yr to help Clint/OO go against Embiid, Brook Lopez  Cavs and up and coming teams like the Magic (laugh now and other teams who understand the importance of size). 

The huge front court wouldn't be bad but huge defensive/perimeter wings like Hunter, Cam smh, Jalen Johnson and John Collins with handles and better defense.

JC is a few handles away from being able to be a hybrid 3 when necessary. 

Our lack of height does add/keep players that can run with Trae like Clint/OO/JC/JJ and efficient 3pt shooters across the board.

Trae needs a Cam like wing that can also handle guard duties. Hopefully Jalen Johnson can become that. Huerter isn't bad but doesn't make up for the defense Trae lacks. Hunter is a great addition with Trae. 

It would've been great if we kept/satisfied Cam and had Bogi, Huerter and Gallo off the bench with strong defenders like Delon and Onyeka.

I haven't checked out the draft but definitely 6'8 and up tenaciously defensive wings is what Trae needs most to start with. We were on the right path and not too far away.