• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I’m a UK guy and don’t want to see Knox back.  Rooting for him but haven’t seen anything making me think he is a keeper in his career to date.  JJ should not sit on the bench while he plays.

Have we not seen enough to know Knox ain't it?  There'll be 6 dudes undrafted that'll contribute as much or more than he will next season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

( side note )

You see what Grant Williams is doing for Boston?

That is ALL some of us have asked from our wings.  Be aggresssive.  And make open shots.

25 pts . . . 7 - 16 from 3 ( because Bud is leaving him wide open ) . . 9 - 19 FG total

Only Gallo has shown the ability to sting together a high 3 point make game like that.  Even Bogi is more like a 5 three point max guy.

That's why I'm in favor of guys like Lavine and Lonzo coming here.

Yup make no mistake about it…if Lavine comes here he’s easily our second best scorer.

I’m intrigued about Lavine because even though he doesn’t have a good defense reputation he has all the qualities there to be a good defender. Pair him with Hunter, Collins, and Gobert would be a dream line up.

For Lavine we just need Trae to reach out to him and get him committed. They will be a interesting backcourt to say the least.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All 3 instantly helps the Hawks.

So I'm the complete opposite.  If we can't get another star player to play alongside Trae, I say you sign 2 of these 3 players.

High risk - high reward additions.

They can only help if they're on the floor and not in street clothes.

After watching how the bucks get eaten up by the 3 ball I really don’t think Hunter can be included in any trade. 

while Hunter is inconsistent offensively and we can’t really say he’s the 2nd best player on the team the dude is so rare for his position he’s extremely valuable. It makes more sense to hold on to him and hope he breaks out then to let him go and have a hole on wing for who knows how long!

just my thoughts…if JC could defend the perimeter a whole game we could possibly dangle Hunter in trades but we literally have two good perimeter defenders in Hunter and Wright.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can only help if they're on the floor and not in street clothes.

Cool.

To me it's worth the risk. 

Wouldn't be any different than what we have now, with the exception that the top level of those guys are above the top level of the guys we currently have.

Especially if we can get our hands on Lavine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

After watching how the bucks get eaten up by the 3 ball I really don’t think Hunter can be included in any trade. 

while Hunter is inconsistent offensively and we can’t really say he’s the 2nd best player on the team the dude is so rare for his position he’s extremely valuable. It makes more sense to hold on to him and hope he breaks out then to let him go and have a hole on wing for who knows how long!

just my thoughts…if JC could defend the perimeter a whole game we could possibly dangle Hunter in trades but we literally have two good perimeter defenders in Hunter and Wright.

I'm not for getting rid of Hunter or Collins, unless we get an upgrade for them.  DeAndre's problem is the effort he puts forth on both ends of the floor.  With his size and lateral quickness, he should be the type of defender that causes havoc on the floor and forces turnovers.  And he should be a much better rebounder than what he's shown so far.  So there are a lot of things he could be doing a lot better.  There's room for improvement.

As for tonight's game, Ayton playing poorly might be a blessing in disguise for us.  People tend to remember your last moment.  If this performance will prevent the Suns organization from going all in on Ayton, that may open the door for a team like the Hawks to acquire him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I've been saying it for the last month but Hunter is probably the least replaceable player after Trae. Finding a replacement is so difficult. 

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Suns being willing to part with Ayton is about the only good that can come out of today's NBA results. Ugh. 

Let's hope Hawks are in the running for him. 

Let's hope not. I'll much rather Rudy

• Premium Member

This game should be a wake up call for Hawk fans...this defense cannot be a bottom 10 defense while trying to rely on showtime laker offensive production game after game.  The Suns were the best offense in the league right and got shut down.  The Hawks must stress defense this offseason period!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's hope not. I'll much rather Rudy

I'll gladly take either one. My opinion is I'd rather have 2 elite bigs available than just 1.  

Or none. Utah could decide to rebuild around Gobert. 

Edited by REHawksFan

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Hard pass!!!

Can't be a prisoner of one game.  Ayton has had a decent series until tonight.

Suns fell victim of not having enough shot creators on the floor to offset their horrible outside shooting.  Monty probably should've played Paul and Payne together for a while, to see if a 2-guard PG offense could get them going a little.  But because Chris doesn't take the ball all the way to the basket, and settles for midrange jumpers, even that may have not been the right move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'll gladly take either one. My opinion is I'd rather have 2 elite bigs available than just 1.  

I would take Ayton if his trade value is reasonable like Lonzo was for the Bulls. I only see one elite big and that's Gobert. Ayton is still just up and coming

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Can't be a prisoner of one game.  Ayton has had a decent series until tonight.

Suns fell victim of not having enough shot creators on the floor to offset their horrible outside shooting.  Monty probably should've played Paul and Payne together for a while, to see if a 2-guard PG offense could get them going a little.  But because Chris doesn't take the ball all the way to the basket, and settles for midrange jumpers, even that may have not been the right move.

I think I called out Ayton before this game...dude is not a good defender and meh on offense. Not a difference maker at all.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He was guarding Luka up top. That's not what he should've been doing.

And why don't teams try to take the ball out of the hands of Luka?

He can pass that bitch quick like LeBron and make you pay as everyone on Dallas can shoot 

• Like 1