• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

48 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Let me guess...Trae would make him better too! That seems to be the narrative here. Every player in the league needs to be rescued by Trae so he could unlock such player's unlimited potential.

AH is literally saying the opposite.  Literally!  Y'all are trying too hard.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm looking at the remaining centers in the final 4:  Al, Bam, Powell and Green....I'm good with not overpaying the center position.

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And isn't that every year?  

...and then you look at the Guard/wings that are around these centers that handle the scoring load. They have multiple guys, we had one.

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

AH is literally saying the opposite.  Literally!  Y'all are trying too hard.

I think Trae and Booker would help make life easier for each other.  Both are proven performers already.  Both had better playoff runs last year but someone scoring in the 20's on 45%/43% isn't terrible either.  Both will be successful without the other but I think they would fit quite well together.  

All academic because Booker won't be on the market.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

So if the coach of the year sees nothing in his own player, we should?  just asking

He was badly outcoached by KIdd..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Q45T said:

This is just my opinion but I’m not hot on Gobert or Ayton. They both just got bodied by a team that doesn’t even have a real center. Ayton does not have a passion for basketball which was discussed during predraft and is why the Suns don’t wanna max him. Gobert is just too whiny but a lot of his issues come from having to clean up messes from Utah’s trash perimeter defense. I’m honestly cool with Capela for now granted he gets healthy. I think we should prioritize getting another ball handling guard who can actually play defense… not that there’s a lot of those out there anyway.

And a perimeter oriented PF who can dribble pass score and switch on defense..

Edited by terrell

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard a single name that made sense yet. Finding a perimeter fit for Trae is like finding sneakers for Shaq.

Schlenk(or the next GM) has his work cut out for him

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

exactly.  Dallas has 6 double digit scorers in the playoffs and 2 guys averaging >20/game.  One >30.     I'm all for more defense but not if they can't score.  We've got Trae and a bunch of role players right now.  That's not contending.   

With all of these draft picks and FA cash we've had... smh

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ya'll boys 'n gals out here talkin' about the Suns shoppin' Ayton.  But what about the dude that really came up schmall when it counted?  Booker look'd like he had his trip to Cancun all pre-book'd.

Sell high, suns!

Booker > Luka right? lol

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Portis and Collins are a bit redundant. And despite what the perception is of both in this forum, Collins is the better player overall.

I hope so.. He makes 6 times as much as Portis.....Good grief..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

*sniiif*

I smell ...

**sniiiiiiiifff**

I smell .... excuses.  Seriously though, I'm really curious to see what happens with that team.  Last year was supposedly their "heyul nawl, I had enough" moment.  You know like when the Spurs lost on Ray Allen's shot (then game 7 that no one talks about) only to come back with a vengeance the next year.  That supposedly spurred (swidt) the Suns on to have the incredible reg season they had.

Well, you fired that bullet already so what's left now?  I can see Paul's bullying leadership wearing thin.  Then, all of a sudden, Monty's not as great a coach as he's shown.  Now that Bridges got exposed a bit, is he as good a defender next season?  Ayn't not way Ayton comes back there with a bought-in mindset.

This series loss could break them.

Luka cooked Bridges, and anybody else they threw at him.... Shit was embarrassing...

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Now we are both sounding like fans who believe in this roster unlike others. Good post!

Schlenk doesnt even believe in it.. 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Summary of his Predictions:

Capela - Prediction: He stays, but ultimately, I won’t be surprised if he’s traded.

Collins - Prediction: Does not return.

Hunter - Prediction: Does not return, but I won’t be at all surprised if he’s back.C

Rest of Gone - Gallo, Lou, Dieng, TLC, Knox

Keep: Trae, Huerter, Bogi, Okongwu, Johnson, Wright

Headscratching stuff!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela - Prediction: He stays, but ultimately, I won’t be surprised if he’s traded.

Hunter - Prediction: Does not return, but I won’t be at all surprised if he’s back.C

Agree with most of this this.. But Why would they trade Hunter and keep Huerter? Disagree with that.. But I think JC is gone...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What sense does this makes?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1