• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Hawk, Adreian Payne, killed in Florida at 31 years old

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Early details of the shooting from the local news down in Orlando. The suspect is in custody.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2022/05/09/man-shot-to-death-in-econ-landing-townhome-community-in-orange-county/

~lw3

I'll be interested in the details.  The suspect stayed at the scene of the house for police to arrive. 

Just sad to lose your life at such a young age.

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

R I P

So sad.  Life is short, at best.  Tragic when someone just ends it for you.

😪

Yep. We used to meet up at the park to settle our differences back in the day.....Throw some punches and get it over with..

Those days are over in America..Sadly..

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep. We used to meet up at the park to settle our differences back in the day.....Throw some punches and get it over with..

Those days are over in America..Sadly..

As a high school kid from Worth County High School, we had a place where you would go and fight off school property. It was called Shady Lane. You handled your business and you shook hands after the fight. That was the end of it. I miss that kids today don't have that and people in general want to just shoot people instead of  throwing up hands.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

As a high school kid from Worth County High School, we had a place where you would go and fight off school property. It was called Shady Lane. You handled your business and you shook hands after the fight. That was the end of it. I miss that kids today don't have that and people in general want to just shoot people instead of  throwing up hands.

Punks....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Agreed like Biggie said that’s death ain’t no comin back from it. Settle it with words then fight.. no guns.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It hurts to see every story about someone being shot down in the US.  How many lives are going to be wasted in situations like this? Just happens over and over again.

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'll be interested in the details.  The suspect stayed at the scene of the house for police to arrive. 

Just sad to lose your life at such a young age.

Same.  The fact that the shooter has already been charged with first degree murder suggests there isn't a credible "stand your ground" situation in play.

So sad for Adreian and his family and loved ones.  Wayyyy too young to be lost.  Definitely a reminder to spend time with your loved ones because none of us knows what life has for us.

RIP AP.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Draymond Green commits $100,000 to fund honoring Adreian Payne

As post-game emotions ran high after Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals, Golden State Warriors forward and former Michigan State star Draymond Green told reporters that he and his wife plan to donate $100,000 to a foundation in honor of the former Spartan basketball player who died Monday. Adreian Payne was shot and killed early Monday morning in Orlando, Florida, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. Payne, a 31-year-old native of Dayton, Ohio, played for the Spartans from 2010-14 and earned second-team All-Big Ten honors his junior and senior seasons.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had a teammate that played for Worth County. He was 6'9

• Like 1