• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ty Ty Washington is projected to go after the Hawks' pick.

And Kawhi Leonard went 15.  And the Hawks drafted a top 3 pick ( Jalen Johnson) in the bottom of the first.  Only the teams know who they value.  I KNEW the Spurs were gonna shop Murray which is why I wanted the Hawks to grab back in December.  Pops wants a true point guard, not a combo guard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm just not trying to watch my team get fleeced of its' future lol

How so?

You still have Trae Murray and Dre as your core 3.

GS filled in a new F and C for years.. . Wiggins Durant Barnes /Bogut Javele Looney it doesnt matter.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Okay, now that all the excitement has calmed down, can we talk actual numbers?

Murray is making $16.57 mil next year 

JC is making $23.5 next season.

Spurs can ask for a haul all they want to but they have to give us more back than just Murray.

If the rumors are true and its JC+ multiple picks + another young player, let’s just say that brings our value to 30+ mil outgoing

So, what on Earth is SAS going to be sending back with Murray to make this trade work?

Am I off base, cap people? I don’t do numbers for a reason

It's 16.57 + 5m + 100K... which comes up about 2m short. No biggie. But it becomes a biggie if you're then going to add another salary beyond John's.

A much more attractive though still disappointing deal would involve Poetl.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm just not trying to watch my team get fleeced of its' future lol

Exactly, too many people dream of this backcourt shit when the front court matters too. Throwing out Gallinari and Capela ain't winning shit even with Trae, Hunter, and Murray.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

All of that can be true.

And.

All of what I said still remains true.

It's not enough to just get a new toy. Even one that is the "perfect compliment."

You must win the trade.

And not to distract from that point, but to directly speak to yours... it's not like John isn't the "perfect compliment" to Trae as a big man. Pretty damn close.

That's valid.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

OK...

I can live with the trade of JC. OO, 1st round X2 for Murray...

Then we turn around and sign Portis.   We resign Delon...

What Hawks fan would be mad looking at:

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Portis, and Clint.... as the starting 5?

Delon BU PG.  Kev BU SF.  Bogi BU SG.  JJ BU Portis  idk we do with Gallo... 

Sheez.. we going to the finals!!!

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

If OO is going out, gotta think the hawks have additional moves coming to alleviate that vacuum

Like what, if you trade JC and Okongwu, you literally traded all of the good assets outside of Kevin who is really the one that should be in this deal as his role becomes null with Murray on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Okay, now that all the excitement has calmed down, can we talk actual numbers?

Murray is making $16.57 mil next year 

JC is making $23.5 next season.

Spurs can ask for a haul all they want to but they have to give us more back than just Murray.

If the rumors are true and its JC+ multiple picks + another young player, let’s just say that brings our value to 30+ mil outgoing

So, what on Earth is SAS going to be sending back with Murray to make this trade work?

Am I off base, cap people? I don’t do numbers for a reason

San Antonio has a ton of cap space so they do not have to send out as much as they take in.

It helps the Hawks because if they do an Ayton trade they'd be hard capped.  The Hawks can send out a ton of salary with this trade and still have room to improve the roster up to the tax apron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

OK...

I can live with the trade of JC. OO, 1st round X2 for Murray...

Then we turn around and sign Portis.   We resign Delon...

What Hawks fan would be mad looking at:

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Portis, and Clint.... as the starting 5?

Delon BU PG.  Kev BU SF.  Bogi BU SG.  JJ BU Portis  idk we do with Gallo... 

Sheez.. we going to the finals!!!

Portis sucks man. Why you always love scrubs with low basketball IQ 

That's a damn energy player. Rich man's Ivan Johnson. Dude see him around Giannis who covers everyone's ass and falls in love. 

Edited by NBASupes

9 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Please let that other young player be Huerter and NOT OO

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

If OO is going out, gotta think the hawks have additional moves coming to alleviate that vacuum

I sure hope so!

this trade has me nervous and excited.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

It's 16.57 + 5m + 100K... which comes up about 2m short. No biggie. But it becomes a biggie if you're then going to add another salary beyond John's.

A much more attractive though still disappointing deal would involve Poetl.

Thanks, and that’s kind of my point.

There are rules for a reason. SAS have to add more to the pot if they are going to try and fleece us.

The trade will be much more balanced salary wise than whats being reported. We are getting a pick and a player or 2 back in this deal too.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Like what, if you trade JC and Okongwu, you literally traded all of the good assets outside of Kevin who is really the one that should be in this deal as his role becomes null with Murray on board.

No idea man, would need more info which we don't have yet , it's just too many variables, but we're not deleting our front court for this guy.

10 minutes ago, Threezus said:

That all depends on how they feel about Jalen Johnson at PF long term.  If they liked what they saw when they gave him time last year.  That might make the move for them much easier to pull the trigger on something like this.  Johnsons upside is pretty serious imo he has a very good chance to be as good if not better than Collins in the long run if given time on the court.

Exactly.  When I made my Murray proposal last year, I sent Hunter and Okongwu to the Spurs for Murray.  It was predicated on the development of Johnson who is gonna be a beast.  In fact, DO NOT BE SHOCKED IF THE SPURS MOVE ON JOHNSON in this deal.

• Like 2