• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Spurs Wembanyama …

image.gif.0ab343496741d9c7824c24fe4d1122fb.gif

Pops would coach another 20 years and he and Wembie will walk (limp) off into the sunset 🌅 together. Pop being 93… 👴 

Wembie is good.  But he's small boned.  I think it won't be so easy to overwhelm NBA talent like he has Euro talent.   BUT... His defense is  Out of this world.  If they put him at the 4, they would need a big boned 5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Spurs Wembanyama …

image.gif.0ab343496741d9c7824c24fe4d1122fb.gif

Pops would coach another 20 years and he and Wembie will walk (limp) off into the sunset 🌅 together. Pop being 93… 👴 

Nah, there's only one Tim-may .......

..... Hardaway, Jr.!

Hahahahahaaaaaa......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

We have Bird rights.

I think he means we would be badly over the LT. Full Gallo plus Griffin is 5.9 million over. So after this trade with the new terms, it would be 900k over the LT with 10 players. Add 4 min players who aren't rookies, its 5.4 million. So what we are saying is, we wouldn't have much money after this deal and would pay the LT from the jump

Paying Wright will likely just just add a massive amount to our tax bill. Until the cap has a significant hike, its gonna be hard for us to be under the LT for the next two seasons for sure. Based on Murray ext rates, Atlanta would be smart to try to get an ext done as soon as possible as his ext rates are really good right now. 

Edited by NBASupes

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Wembie is good.  But he's small boned.  I think it won't be so easy to overwhelm NBA talent like he has Euro talent.   BUT... His defense is  Out of this world.  If they put him at the 4, they would need a big boned 5. 

LMAO, Wemby already put on 30 pounds and 230 pounds now. Wemby gonna be 260 in his prime, he's fine physically long term.

Hey, have we talked about getting in on Kyle “slo mo” Anderson yet? Seems like a guy that knows what he’s doing, Pop coached, plays under control and can handle the rock and make good decisions.

Not sure the cost.

Headshot

Kyle Anderson
MEM • SF • 1
PPG7.6
RPG5.3
APG2.7
View Profile

Anderson is not a snug fit on every roster, particularly after his 3-point volume and accuracy declined this past season. If he doesn't re-sign with the Grizzlies -- and a return looks less likely after they drafted forwards Jake LaRavia and David Roddy -- then ideally he'd go to a team that has minutes for him at power forward and needs him to handle the ball a fair bit. He'll help any team defensively, and he's a better midrange shooter than he showed this past season. 

• Like 1

And Nurk… I’ve wanted Nurk or Jonas for a minute. Just a big bodyguard. Thoughts on the Bosnian 🐻?

Headshot

Jusuf Nurkic
POR • C • 27
PPG15
RPG11.1
APG2.8
View Profile

Cronin said in April that Nurkic, 27, is "just scratching the surface of his prime and he's the type of player that we definitely want to build around." Even if he isn't necessarily the Blazers' center of the future, though, it might make sense for them to work out a new deal. Portland tanked the end of the season, but it is not in rebuild mode. Unless it is going to renounce all of its free agents and try to make a huge splash in free agency, it should try to avoid losing Nurkic for nothing. He's coming off something of a bounceback season, in which he played 56 games before being shelved with plantar fasciitis. Nurkic is no more switchable than Harrell is, but he's a skilled passer from the high post and in the short roll. 

This is all in case we don’t land KD, Ayton, Murray and Scottie Pippen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey, have we talked about getting in on Kyle “slo mo” Anderson yet? Seems like a guy that knows what he’s doing, Pop coached, plays under control and can handle the rock and make good decisions.

Not sure the cost.

Headshot

Kyle Anderson
MEM • SF • 1
PPG7.6
RPG5.3
APG2.7
View Profile

Anderson is not a snug fit on every roster, particularly after his 3-point volume and accuracy declined this past season. If he doesn't re-sign with the Grizzlies -- and a return looks less likely after they drafted forwards Jake LaRavia and David Roddy -- then ideally he'd go to a team that has minutes for him at power forward and needs him to handle the ball a fair bit. He'll help any team defensively, and he's a better midrange shooter than he showed this past season. 

I tried psychically to get y'all to talk about him as a Gallo replacement but here I am posting

• Haha 1

So Gallo has to be fully guaranteed or bought-out by tomorrow evening or this evening? They "have until June 29th".. I guess we will find out what that means. Also, my guess is they can get the trade processed quickly so SA can do the buy out, presumably with cash considerations from us?

If so today until tomorrow end of business we will have some clarity before FA begins on Thursday.

Here is the latest rumor stuff from Spurs fan site: https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumors-spurs-hawks-intel/

I'm thinking it will come down to Gallo Buyout (cash considerations.. maybe $5m? I dunno depends on Ressler) + 3 picks.. Charlotte 2023 + our top 3 protected 2023 and a heavily protected 2026 or 27. From there MAYBE one pick swap somewhere in 2025-2026. 

2023 our pick will not be a top 10 pick.. We have too much talent sorry guys its gotta go.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So Gallo has to be fully guaranteed or bought-out by tomorrow evening or this evening? They "have until June 29th".. I guess we will find out what that means. Also, my guess is they can get the trade processed quickly so SA can do the buy out, presumably with cash considerations from us?

If so today until tomorrow end of business we will have some clarity before FA begins on Thursday.

Here is the latest rumor stuff from Spurs fan site: https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumors-spurs-hawks-intel/

I'm thinking it will come down to Gallo Buyout (cash considerations.. maybe $5m? I dunno depends on Ressler) + 3 picks.. Charlotte 2023 + our top 3 protected 2023 and a heavily protected 2026 or 27. From there MAYBE one pick swap somewhere in 2025-2026. 

2023 our pick will not be a top 10 pick.. We have too much talent sorry guys its gotta go.

Gallo's contract can be renegotiated to increase the partial guarantee to at least 13.2 million in order to match Murray's salary of 18.5 million (credit to @thecampster). After June 29th the contract becomes fully guaranteed, but it still would be tradeable. That's a situation I'm sure we'll avoid though. The Spurs knowing we have a deadline have some leverage against us, and if they have other offers on the table they can squeeze us a bit.

Pickwise I think we'll try to keep a first next year, and give them our 2024 and 2026 picks but we'll see. I'd like to think this deal is mostly done, but you never know what other negotiations they've got going on.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Gallo's contract can be renegotiated to increase the partial guarantee to at least 13.2 million in order to match Murray's salary of 18.5 million (credit to @thecampster). After June 29th the contract becomes fully guaranteed, but it still would be tradeable. That's a situation I'm sure we'll avoid though. The Spurs knowing we have a deadline have some leverage against us, and if they have other offers on the table they can squeeze us a bit.

Pickwise I think we'll try to keep a first next year, and give them our 2024 and 2026 picks but we'll see. I'd like to think this deal is mostly done, but you never know what other negotiations they've got going on.

Yeah I agree with that and I know about the partial guarantee. I think the timing of the wording for "by June 29th" which I assume at this point is EOD June 29th.

No matter how much Knick fans want to think they are offering.. those guys are all in on Brunson. It's all in the family apparently there, same old same old.

Timberwolves.. They have their own picks only (likewise not incredibly valueable with Ant and KAT) and no salary matching players that can be waived (SAS taking back salary on a super-tank is a no-go - hence Gallo).

Who were the other teams supposedly inquiring? 

Also, I wonder how Schlenk/Landry feel about attaching AJ instead of the 2023 pick or not.. hmmm

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Lol..I jokingly said give them 4 picks, but this is a killer request.

San Antonio’s asking price for Murray is four first round draft picks with little to no protections. Alternatively, the Spurs want three minimally protected first rounders and two unprotected first round pick swaps.

3) Interestingly, an insider close to the situation says that the Spurs have multiple teams making a strong push for Murray besides the Hawks. One Eastern Conference team, he says, is offering three first round draft picks and a desirable young player in a proposed swap. He also stated that the Minnesota Timberwolves have expressed serious interest in Murray.

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol..I jokingly said give them 4 picks, but this is a killer request.

Yeah that is their asking and best case scenario in the Spurs favor.. Balance that with the Hawks best case and you have a deal somewhere way in-between.

• Like 1