• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

This is feeling like the Deshean Watson trade. Negotiations dragging on and on, usually not a good sign. 

If this goes that way, I am fine with it. 3 1st is crazy anyway. We aren't contenders with just this move along. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

Can someone help me out with something. I’ve been looking into this trade and I’m trying to figure out what Gallo’s contract will have to do with it. Obviously I know money will always be a factor for anything, but do we want it extended or do we need to make this trade before 5:00 tomorrow? Because I’ve seen people say different things. 

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

Hawks have until 5:00Pm tomorrow to either guarantee his full $21 million or waive him and pay him $5 million.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Knicks don't got no cap space (Brunson) and a lot of shit contracts but yet, if they want Murray, they can outbid anyone but OKC. That said, once they get Brunson, they don't have no cap space and shit contracts 

They can always figure things out!

fact is they have the assets to get it done if they want too!

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If this goes that way, I am fine with it. 3 1st is crazy anyway. We aren't contenders with just this move along. 

Murray jump starts being a contender with a PROVEN player.  Those 3 picks could be two Cams and a maybe.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why wouldn't we be a contender with this move? We're potentially adding an all-star level guard for a backup PF who wasn't gonna stay on the roster. Depending on our remaining moves, we would have one of the strongest rosters in the league.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

Here's the difficulty for them they are trying to clear cap space to sign Brunson outright.  So they are trying to find a team to take Noel and Burke to do that without any salary going back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's the difficulty for them they are trying to clear cap space to sign Brunson outright.  So they are trying to find a team to take Noel and Burke to do that without any salary going back.

I believe they will also have to salary match and provide a player that the Spurs would want. 

• Like 1

Just now, nathan2331 said:

Why wouldn't we be a contender with this move? We're potentially adding an all-star level guard for a backup PF who wasn't gonna stay on the roster. Depending on our remaining moves, we would have one of the strongest rosters in the league.

Because that's a gap that's just too wide right now. 

These are the contenders

Heat

Sixers

Celtics

And Bucks. 

We need serious internal growth from everyone to make that jump. 

Murray is not enough. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don’t think they have to if the mavs are willing to do a sign&trade!

which they reportedly are willing to do!

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Right. They could trade for Murray but not until after Brunson signs.

27 minutes ago, Kobie Drew said:

Can someone help me out with something. I’ve been looking into this trade and I’m trying to figure out what Gallo’s contract will have to do with it. Obviously I know money will always be a factor for anything, but do we want it extended or do we need to make this trade before 5:00 tomorrow? Because I’ve seen people say different things. 

Your first post!
Welcome to the Squawk (though you've probably been a lurker for a while).
Might be helpful (but tedious) to review this thread for multiple explanations from our cap experts.  
Enjoy!

Just now, Dean Walker said:

Don’t think they have to if the mavs are willing to do a sign&trade!

which they reportedly are willing to do!

but they have to get up Burks and Noel to make that happened.  I still think that Hawks will get Murray but longer it goes, more teams are going to get in it plus do you think that the Knicks will give up a 2023 pick?

Just now, LongTimeFan said:

Your first post!
Welcome to the Squawk (though you've probably been a lurker for a while).
Might be helpful (but tedious) to review this thread for multiple explanations from our cap experts.  
Enjoy!

But also watch out for 90% of the other posts including flame wars, NSFW posts, massive topic tangents