• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh my apologies, so I'm confusing that with the moves they made..

I'll stand down if that's the case.

In fact I started an entire thread entitle John Collins trade watch stating my views.  You should read it.

Gobert got Utah 5 first plus some decent players who could help a contending team. We would take a Beverly or a Beasley. A pick swap and two other guys. 
Durant is almost untradeable because any team is going to have to go beyond what Utah just got. Which is unreasonable for any team in the league to do and still have for sure championship roster and no care for the future. Possibly Toronto but idk. 50 mil basically for 4 years of one player and what giving away 7 first if Gobert got 5 and players and crazy.

Edited by timebomb

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If they aren't making another move, they should have gave up a protected pick and kept Huerter.

I read somewhere they like Bogi's leadership though so that probably kept him around.

Just don't like that he can't stay healthy..

14 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Since AJ's dad is on our coaching staff, I am hopeful he will get some playing time.

Adrian Darnell Griffin Sr. (born July 4, 1974) is an assistant coach for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

BTW, Nate got his Holiday boys back in town. Expect them (especially Justin) to log major minutes since Nate loves vets and they go back. Rookie won't see time away from Collipark.

1d94a52a-199d-4ad9-b99a-b87383fe9e49-AP_

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, GameTime said:

Adrian Darnell Griffin Sr. (born July 4, 1974) is an assistant coach for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA).

BTW, Nate got his Holiday boys back in town. Expect them (especially Justin) to log major minutes since Nate loves vets and they go back. Rookie won't see time away from Collipark.

1d94a52a-199d-4ad9-b99a-b87383fe9e49-AP_

That's the problem with nate

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You don't remember the 100s of post you've made about defense?  You even created a thread about how top defensive teams, not fancy offensive teams, win championships.

The Hawks are making moves to become a top defensive team.

You've complained about the Murray trade.

You've complained about shipping out Huerter for two defenders and possible staying under the cap.

Don't understand why you are complaining when they are making moves to do what you've been preaching about for months.

Edit: Complain is the wrong word.  You've expressed your disdain for all the defensive improvement moves.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif.d952bf652929453821ae0f118f93bae1.gif

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

How so?

What happens if Trae or Murray gets injured?  We have no other real backup PG, and making sure one of the two of them is on the court all 48 minutes seems to leave gaping holes if there are injuries.

20 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Fair enough. I’m just salty in came at Kevin’s expense.

Kev will have a better year than bogi

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What happens if Trae or Murray gets injured?  We have no other real backup PG, and making sure one of the two of them is on the court all 48 minutes seems to leave gaping holes if there are injuries.

No worries it's a holiday 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

One or the other can keep the ship going during the regular season.  That's the beauty of depth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NekiEcko said:

But the question would be if KD is traded, would Nets trade Ben to another team or keep him if they get decent pieces?  I am still curious about that post earlier about a "bigger deal"

So am I. I told you guys all I can say. My guess and this me speculating is that we can't get the other trade to go down then the FO feels they got off Kevin's contract to help with the luxury tax this season and future seasons. 

I sincerely hope that is not why they traded Kevin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So am I. I told you guys all I can say. My guess and this me speculating is that we can't get the other trade to go down then the FO feels they got off Kevin's contract to help with the luxury tax this season and future seasons. 

I sincerely hope that is not why they traded Kevin.

If another trade is not coming then it's a bad trade..but depends what we send out and are getting also.