• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

birth place of "tex-mex"

(And some great cajun too in SE Tex.)

Zooming out, good people and good food are to be found practically anywhere, as are bad... but we digress.......................................

• Like 3

• Moderators

Two big questions for the eggsperts.  

1. Dennis Schröder is one of the few non-washed up free agents still out there.   Where's he going to go?

2. How likely is it that we've seen Westbrook play his last NBA game.   If he's traded and bought out would anyone pick him up?  I kind of doubt it. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Two big questions for the eggsperts.  

1. Dennis Schröder is one of the few non-washed up free agents still out there.   Where's he going to go?

2. How likely is it that we've seen Westbrook play his last NBA game.   If he's traded and bought out would anyone pick him up?  I kind of doubt it. 

1. Dennis turned down a 4yr/$80 mill extension last year, smh. Now he's signing $5mil deals. Saw a blurb about him possibly returning to LAL. He could go to Dallas since they lost Brunson.

2. Tough one - I think he'll have to change his mindset and understand he's not the guy anymore

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not sure but in his rookie year he talked a lotta smack at Philips arena.. hard to fathom that was 14 years ago.

I feel nothing for Russ. He came in a $hit talker, stuck true to his ways, now it’s kind of time to face it. What goes around comes around. I think a few rooks gonna wham on him.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Westbrook has been unfairly scapegoated.  He's THE reason WAS made the playoffs 2 years ago.  He could go to a team and make them competitive.  He's just not the mvp-level player he seems to think he is.

LAL was garbage because of bad overall fit,not just Westbrook, and Day2Davis mailin' in his life now.

I don't disagree at all but will anyone want to take the chance. I can't think of a team that would want him.  Honestly if i'm charlotte i might try it but that's because i think they have nothing else happening.   They can run 2 pgs like the best team in the league is doing and see what happens. 

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree at all but will anyone want to take the chance. I can't think of a team that would want him.  Honestly if i'm charlotte i might try it but that's because i think they have nothing else happening.   They can run 2 pgs like the best team in the league is doing and see what happens. 

Ya I’d go Hornets 🐝.. possibly the Pacers as well. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree at all but will anyone want to take the chance. I can't think of a team that would want him.  

I think there is zero chance teams won't want him if he is cut and can be signed for low $s.  While he is problematic as a fit on some teams and not every team would want him, he still is talented enough that people will take the chance on him.  And if he could accept a more limited role (ala Carmelo) he could absolutely be a nice piece for a contender to add to the roster.  If he still thinks he should be starting and shooting the majority of the shots when he is on the floor then there will be significantly fewer teams that want him but there will still be teams that will bite (especially at a low investment cost in $s and years).

• Premium Member

What can J-Lo do for you? 

Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore were supposed to be equal partners in the Minnesota Timberwolves when they made a $250 million down payment in July 2021, but Rodriguez failed to come up with his full share. Lore covered the balance and as a result, he now has a roughly 13 percent share while Rodriguez has amassed seven percent.

“Alex and Marc were supposed to be 50/50,” an NBA source said. “Alex couldn’t come up with his half.”

The terms of the deal require Rodriguez and Lore to make the next 20 percent payment by the end of the year, which Rodriguez may struggle again to raise the cash to provide.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if A-Rod becomes a subservient No. 2 to Lore,” a source said, predicting that Lore might end up buying more than half and controlling the team.

Lore is standing with Rodriguez.

“I couldn’t imagine having a better partner. He is one of my best friends,” Lore said Monday. “There is no one else I would rather be partners with than Alex.”

Insiders say Rodriguez's previous relationship with Jennifer Lopez helped his business interests, including with Lore.

“Marc got completely mesmerized by the J. Lo thing,” the source who knows both both investors said.

Rodriguez and Lopez broke up in the spring of 2021.

Rodriguez might be worth $500 million, but little of it is believed to be liquid, sources said.

“His ability to raise capital went from strong to meaningfully weaker,” believes a source who knows Rodriguez well. “J.Lo validated him.”

• Premium Member

I’ve seen some recent reports on the web about the Hawks prying Jaylen Brown away from the Celtics this offseason. I know the media is reaching for stories at this point, but it’ll be interesting to see if this gains any traction during the season. I’m sure he wasn’t thrilled with being involved with any potential KD trade.

Here’s the Jaylen Brown report (rumor). Something to keep an eye on for next offseason. I remember posting in the other rumor thread a pic of him wearing a Falcons hat to a press conference after one of the playoff games.

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/brown-reportedly-linked-to-hometown-hawks-next-offseason?fbclid=IwAR0q0edwmCwxTJQJD0PMgLqGbzh8JkmVFV1uwfSima7bsK-opZX0CyOQ_9A

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Here’s the Jaylen Brown report (rumor). Something to keep an eye on for next offseason. I remember posting in the other rumor thread a pic of him wearing a Falcons hat to a press conference after one of the playoff games.

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/brown-reportedly-linked-to-hometown-hawks-next-offseason?fbclid=IwAR0q0edwmCwxTJQJD0PMgLqGbzh8JkmVFV1uwfSima7bsK-opZX0CyOQ_9A

Damn... That's not even the rumor that I saw on this...

“They’ve been after more two-way players in recent years, because signing up a few big names around Trae Young has not worked out. We’ll have to see what they do with [De’Andre] Hunter and [Onyeka] Okongwu because they will need extensions but if they can clear out the room, that’s probably the biggest team to worry the Celtics,” the executive told Deveney.

It don't make sense unless we are going to offer up Murray in a SNT?

Or we drop Bogi and don't resign DM to free up the funds to go get him?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Trae, Dejounte, and Brown...

This is the rumor... Brown wants to come back home to play with Trae and Dejounte...

What would that look like?

Dejounte Murray, Trae Young & John Collins 😳 How excited should Hawks fans  be? | NBA Today

Good chance it would look something like this i would think 🙂

larry-obrien-trophy-2022.jpg

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

I think he could be a good coach,  had a pretty good bbiq and decent feel for the game if I remember correctly.

Yup. He was also schooled under Rick Maj at Utah. 

Remember staying up late nights watching him, Van Horn and Hanno rip teams apart.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Rick Maj

Ah yes. Memries like the corners of my mind....

Have the distinction of being thrown out of a gym by Majerus when he was coaching Marquette and getting ready to play my Marshall Thundering Herd the next night... fwiw... iirc, a friend (radio voice of the Bucknell Bison today) and I had just finished playing racquetball in another part of the building, and snuck in to see what we could see.

... *sigh*...

What were we talking about again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, sturt said:

Have the distinction of being thrown out of a gym by Majerus when he was coaching Marquette and getting ready to play my Marshall Thundering Herd the next night...

Nice!

• Haha 1