• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

Wait, what are we waiting for? I thought we were all done ✔️ no?

Why the heck am I swimming 🏊‍♀️ in the ocean 🌊 fo den? :er: 

Go Hawks!

ps Don’t miss the all star game tonight for ⚾️ we got like 6 all stars repping. I think tied with the Yanks for most! 🥳 GO BRAVES!

• Like 1

Could Markieff Morris be a possibility? Would he take a minimum deal? He would add toughness and some outside shooting at the 4. I'm not sure what he would bring defensively and as a rebounder but I think he would fit perfectly. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In my best wilderness explorer voice ....

"Let's see if @sturt will keep that same energy, as the kids say, in hating ring-chasers now that his beloved JaMychal's heading to the darkside." 

1. "Beloved JaMychal"... wha?... huh?... you been reading another sturt's posts behind my back??? That's nothing the original sturt ever said. JaMychal was mostly a means to a Micic end.

That said, I certainly have more faith that JaMychal would contribute something good to a championship run for us than will Mo Harkless... and that has everything to do with Mo's health and lack of impressive production the last couple of years.

Am I wrong?

2. "Ringbrat" in my dictionary my friend, can only apply to a player who is elite. Critical part of the idea is that the player is himself so good that any upper tier team he goes to is... at least from his perspective... a shoe-in to win a ring.

• Premium Member

Suns Told Deandre Ayton Throughout Free Agency They Planned To Keep Him

Deandre Ayton will remain with the Phoenix Suns after they matched a four-year, $133 million maximum offer sheet he signed with the Indiana Pacers. Phoenix never made an offer to Ayton.

"This is a blessing," Ayton told ESPN's Andscape in a phone conversation after signing his contract. "This contract not only has generational impact for my family, but also with the way we are able to work in the Phoenix community and home in the Bahamas. That is the things that we go by ...

"I've come to understand that this is a business. So, I was more anxious to know the end of the result so I could focus, move on and just get back to work. I just treated everything like a business. Just keep being professional, approach everything with professionalism and not looking too deep into it."

James Jones said he told Ayton through the entire free agency process that he planned to re-sign him, including during a videoconference on July 1. James also told ESPN's Andscape that it was "important" and "critical" to match immediately.

"We wanted Deandre here," Jones said in a phone interview. "He's vital to what we do, at the core of everything that we do. And throughout this whole process it was, it rang true. We wanted to keep him here, and the moment we can come to an agreement, we would. So, waiting 24 hours, 48 hours, that wasn't something we needed to do because going into it, we knew this is where he wanted to be and where we wanted him to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Suns Told Deandre Ayton Throughout Free Agency They Planned To Keep Him

Deandre Ayton will remain with the Phoenix Suns after they matched a four-year, $133 million maximum offer sheet he signed with the Indiana Pacers. Phoenix never made an offer to Ayton.

"This is a blessing," Ayton told ESPN's Andscape in a phone conversation after signing his contract. "This contract not only has generational impact for my family, but also with the way we are able to work in the Phoenix community and home in the Bahamas. That is the things that we go by ...

"I've come to understand that this is a business. So, I was more anxious to know the end of the result so I could focus, move on and just get back to work. I just treated everything like a business. Just keep being professional, approach everything with professionalism and not looking too deep into it."

James Jones said he told Ayton through the entire free agency process that he planned to re-sign him, including during a videoconference on July 1. James also told ESPN's Andscape that it was "important" and "critical" to match immediately.

"We wanted Deandre here," Jones said in a phone interview. "He's vital to what we do, at the core of everything that we do. And throughout this whole process it was, it rang true. We wanted to keep him here, and the moment we can come to an agreement, we would. So, waiting 24 hours, 48 hours, that wasn't something we needed to do because going into it, we knew this is where he wanted to be and where we wanted him to be.

So Monty benching him deep into the playoffs where he basically cost them a chance at beating the Mavs…that’s all over now? 

Hmmm… so if it’s clutch time and he pouts again, then what. 😂 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

More seriously... I truly don't know how we improve on this roster at this point. Micic represented the one viable opportunity to get more back than we would sacrifice to acquire a key asset.

I'm so very thankful that we didn't make moves just to appease the move-happy, but I remain concerned by the tax-saving move (Huerter)... ie, that that will come back to bite us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

More seriously... I truly don't know how we improve on this roster at this point. Micic represented the one viable opportunity to get more back than we would sacrifice to acquire a key asset.

I'm so very thankful that we didn't make moves just to appease the move-happy, but I remain concerned by the tax-saving move (Huerter)... ie, that that will come back to bite us.

Huerter was going to be relegated to a bench role, either 7th or 8th off the bench (meaning 2nd or 3rd to come off the bench). That role was not suited for Kevin and we sent him to a better situation for him and got a 1st round pick back for him. The production he would have given in that role is easily replaceable.

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

That role was not suited for Kevin

We disagree. That is, if you're suggesting Kevin would not have benefited the team in that role.

If, otoh, you're suggesting we did a good thing for Kevin's career... perhaps. But I don't think Kevin preferred to leave, and as long as he was wanting to be here, I can't imagine the team benefits from him not filling whatever role McM would have given to him.

• Like 2