• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, let me see if I'm tracking with what you're putting down since the trade exception itself is only $3.65m (?)...

What you might be suggesting, effectively, is that we would trade the $3.65m for a real player, and then trade that player along with Harkless for a more expensive asset...

If my math is correct, an asset w/ a contract of as much as $10,370,611 (though probably somewhat less since it's unlikely you're going to obtain someone for exactly $3.65m).... yes???

Okay. So, @kg01 strap in... it appears we might just end up with Micic (whose rights we would obtain, and then sign after the trade with some MLE) and Favors or Green after all!!!

tenor-48.gif

Just say nOKC. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just say nOKC. 

You should be more enthusiastic... if Green + Micic then you have two players who didn't even play for the hapless 21-22 Thunder. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

Rumor to pass along.  Hawks are working the phones to pass along Harkless + trade exception from Huerter deal for a higher priced salary.

This would keep them at 13 players.

They are working on a few vets right now to bring in at the vet minimum and the MLE/partial MLE.  May hear something over the weekend/after Summer League.

Possible we finish with a salary $10 million north of the Tax line.

First real solid info I've had to pass along in a while.

So did they say if that salary is a position of need?

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Do you think Josh Richardson might be a player we are targeting with Harkless and MLE? I have always liked him and would be a perfect fit for Trae.

You like him? I’ve always thought he was overrated. Well, not overrated so much as over… no not over… like I’d rather.. I dunno what I’m trying to say it’s Friday 😂 

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You like him? I’ve always thought he was overrated. Well, not overrated so much as over… no not over… like I’d rather.. I dunno what I’m trying to say it’s Friday 😂 

But is he Goberrated?:thinking:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sturt said:

You should be more enthusiastic... if Green + Micic then you have two players who didn't even play for the hapless 21-22 Thunder. 🙂

Touche..... I can't see Micic wanting to come here for likely limited minutes tho. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Touche..... I can't see Micic wanting to come here for likely limited minutes tho. 

I hear that, but then I counter,

"But Vasy (... that's his nickname... it has my okay, too 😉 ... ) consider this. There aren't a lot of contending teams that you can walk onto their roster and have a lot expected of you anyhow, especially at this stage of the free agent season, right? In ATL, you'll have a situation where you will get a chance at both PG and SG minutes early, and because the Holiday brothers are both UFAs after this season, you'll be able to step right into that void and get that many more minutes in your second season. You really couldn't ask for a better landing spot in that respect. Then, add on top of that, you'll have your Serbian brother BogBog playing beside you a lot, and your half-Serbian brother Frank the Tank. This is about as good as it gets, my friend. Whaddayasay. Let's get 'er done."

2022-07-15_20-01-19.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

So, let me see if I'm tracking with what you're putting down since the trade exception itself is only $3.65m (?)...

What you might be suggesting, effectively, is that we would trade the $3.65m for a real player, and then trade that player along with Harkless for a more expensive asset...

If my math is correct, an asset w/ a contract of as much as $10,370,611 (though probably somewhat less since it's unlikely you're going to obtain someone for exactly $3.65m).... yes???

Okay. So, @kg01 strap in... it appears we might just end up with Micic (whose rights we would obtain, and then sign after the trade with some MLE) and Favors or Green after all!!!

tenor-48.gif

What a trade bringing Micic and Green to ATL could look like... see #3...

2022-07-15_23-50-04.png

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bigjmw said:

Harkless/Trade exeption for Bazely or Poku/ Rights to Micic

My affection for OKC's younguns is well known, but purty sure OKC isn't looking to trade either of those guys.

Otoh, Presti stated from the moment that they got Green from DEN that he'd be looking to move him. He'd be an excellent fit for us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

What a trade bringing Micic and Green to ATL could look like... see #3...

2022-07-15_23-50-04.png

I’d rather have Juan Carlos Navarro.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

My affection for OKC's younguns is well known, but purty sure OKC isn't looking to trade either of those guys.

Otoh, Presti stated from the moment that they got Green from DEN that he'd be looking to move him. He'd be an excellent fit for us.

Jeff or JaMychal?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

Saw last night that a rumor has surfaced that the Celtics also might be talking to OKC about Green.

The question becomes whether you could wait OKC out and see them buy out Green and/or Favors.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Per my sources**, SAS just re-signed Keldon Johnson to 4/$80mil extension.

No way Popo was gonna let go of the dude he thinks is better than Trae. 😉

** Twitters 

I hate that kid just because of this and it isn’t even his fault. Cost my boy the chance at a gold medal.

• Like 2

TRADE RUMOR!!! 🥵 

AP (Associated Press)- The Washington Nationals and Brooklyn Nets have discussed a package involving Juan Soto for Kevin Durant as the main pieces. The Nats would send the Nets 7 1st round picks over the next 15 years. The Nets would in turn send 7 1st round picks over the next 15 years to the Nats, along with a box of Kleenex tissues (for KD).

- Spud 🥔💣 :crazy:

link:

www.therearealotofbsrumorsgoingaround.com 

image.gif.cdcb0c63a4332a61e21eb13f41e0577a.gif

image.gif.e480f9a627cdd88846faa1dbff2d67db.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3