• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Just quoting this to show that I reported this BEFORE anyone else did by three days.

Not only did I like it, I believe you….

annnnnnnnddd…

COME HERE YOUUUUUU!!!!

image.gif.543789ce3887aeb9cf92930a399f6607.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I won't fight you too much on it but I'd say the idea that "every team he's gone to has improved" is a bit strong.

He can help a team as a reserve, but I'd stop short at suggesting he alone elevates a team.

And, to be clear, I never said his play didn't help.  I'm saying his shtick runs it's course and that could take a matter of weeks or months if the actual frontline guys don't follow his lead. 

Well when he went to the Clips they were 20th in drating, and when he left them they were 8th. Wolves were 28th in D-rating and moved up to 13th this year with Patrick Beverly, meanwhile the Clips went from 8th to 18th.

This year for the Wolves he was third on the team in WAR, first on the team in RAPTOR and third in Box +- and 5th in win shares (fractions away from Antman). So yea, he's a difference maker for sure IMO.

16 minutes ago, BeerMan said:

Don't know that he is worth that price. AAV of $33+ mil? I guess it's the going rate, but I'm glad we're sticking with Capela if that's the cost. 

By the way ... welcome new poster!

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Just quoting this to show that I reported this BEFORE anyone else did by three days.

They've been telling us Ayton would be a pacer for over a week...

Yall get stuff right but claiming stuff like this as accurate reporting is crazy when everybody has known for a while that the hawks were out and the pacers were gonna offer.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yall get stuff right but claiming stuff like this as accurate reporting is crazy when everybody has known for a while that the hawks were out and the pacers were gonna offer.

tenor.gif?itemid=9729149

(aside... been waiting to use this one for so very long... today is a good day... hehe... )

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not only did I like it, I believe you….

annnnnnnnddd…

COME HERE YOUUUUUU!!!!

image.gif.543789ce3887aeb9cf92930a399f6607.gif

Awwwwwwww....

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Get em, SothFaceKillah.  Aye, all these boys be calling you out when stuff don't happen.  Flexx on these boys when it do happen just like you call it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Well when he went to the Clips they were 20th in drating, and when he left them they were 8th. Wolves were 28th in D-rating and moved up to 13th this year with Patrick Beverly, meanwhile the Clips went from 8th to 18th.

This year for the Wolves he was third on the team in WAR, first on the team in RAPTOR and third in Box +- and 5th in win shares (fractions away from Antman). So yea, he's a difference maker for sure IMO.

Again, I'm not gonna fight you on it.  But I'm also not gonna call Pat Beverly a major difference maker/franchise changer.

As an aside, I don't believe in all those metrics so none of that impresses me.  But that's a whole other conversation.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong I'm thinking, if PHX loses the former #1 pick for nothing, that's some dumbarsery.  They knew they didn't want to pay him.  Trade him for something before now.  Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with it. 

2022-07-14_15-50-32.png

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Thank you for saying we get stuff right. I saw no one saying he was going to the Pacers before I heard it first from my two sources. I asked the other insiders about it and went ahead with what I had heard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong I'm thinking, if PHX loses the former #1 pick for nothing, that's some dumbarsery.  They knew they didn't want to pay him.  Trade him for something before now.  Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place with it. 

They still have time to work out a sign and trade, by midnight actually.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Thank you for saying we get stuff right. I saw no one saying he was going to the Pacers before I heard it first from my two sources. I asked the other insiders about it and went ahead with what I had heard. 

image.png.c3d4f00f29409a949d9cbe6f724fc52b.png

Phoenix talk show host on July 6. Also has another tweet about it. Things got held up with Brogdon physical but this guy and people Jake Fischer brought on were all over this

• Like 2