• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Anyone actually find out the real reason between the Ayton/Monty feud there at the end? Worried Ayton could be a ME guy. Capela is a WE guy. Stand pat. (I think).

There is a price at which Ayton becomes enticing, but if he's holding for max then that's a hard pass.  A 20% discount (~$6M) might get me back to the table.  Might.  I'm much more into keeping Capela at this point.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's about Trae for me. If he wants Clint, there is no need to even entertain Ayton unless for an unknown reason he wants both, which I don't think would work on the court or on the payroll (50+ million on 2 centers is a bit high, no?)

Clint is a really huge impact for his price tag. I do think that Ayton's skillset would take our team to another level though, regardless of the defense drop off. He is not a max player however. 

It all goes back to Trae though. If he wanted Ayton, I would be down for it. 

As long as Clint gets his finishing were it used to be, I'm okay.  I believe the free throws are what they are.

We can't have another season of him not finishing well at the rim with the easy looks he gets.

That's the main reason I wanted to move on from him besides the potential long term impact of an improving Ayton.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It's about Trae for me. If he wants Clint, there is no need to even entertain Ayton unless for an unknown reason he wants both, which I don't think would work on the court or on the payroll (50+ million on 2 centers is a bit high, no?)

Clint is a really huge impact for his price tag. I do think that Ayton's skillset would take our team to another level though, regardless of the defense drop off. He is not a max player however. 

It all goes back to Trae though. If he wanted Ayton, I would be down for it. 

I'm really not big on having your star player make personell decisions. Quite frankly, Trae hasn't accomplished enough to warrant that. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm really not big on having your star player make personell decisions. Quite frankly, Trae hasn't accomplished enough to warrant that. 

Do these guys not see what happened to the Lakers and Nets the past few years? And that's with the supposed best players in the game running the show behind the scenes.

We love these guys as players and I'm sure they've forgotten more about the game than we'll ever know, but the GM gig is a full time gig for a reason.  Dudes that eat, sleep, and sh*t that job are still out here getting it consistently wrong.  What makes players think they can roll into the practice facility and wing it?

Let these dudes do their job, people.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do these guys not see what happened to the Lakers and Nets the past few years? And that's with the supposed best players in the game running the show behind the scenes.

We love these guys as players and I'm sure they've forgotten more about the game than we'll ever know, but the GM gig is a full time gig for a reason.  Dudes that eat, sleep, and sh*t that job are still out here getting it consistently wrong.  What makes players think they can roll into the practice facility and wing it?

Let these dudes do their job, people.

It's impossible for players to not let their personal feelings about other players influence their decisions when it comes to personnel. Also, established players always prefer vets to young players, and tend to not admit when an established guy has decided with age.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I seriously doubt it was Trae preventing the Hawks from getting Ayton.  It was just one factor but it had been rumored for a while that we wanted Ayton but not on a max deal.   I agree with whoever said that you don't want to have a center on a max contract unless they are giving you Embiid / Jokic production.  

I like Ayton but i think i like Capela plus having an extra $20 mill for the bench better. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Knicks about to get Dmitch!

With what assets?  They have a ton of picks but few are lottery picks.  They'll have to unprotect all their picks and give  up the middling picks.

What young player do they have that the Jazz will want?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

With what assets?  They have a ton of picks but few are lottery picks.  They'll have to unprotect all their picks and give  up the middling picks.

Just trust the yearn-alists on Twitter, bro. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

The great Cam Reddish of course. NBA's next great two-way wing, as attested to by numerous Hawksquawk members.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They have all their own picks going forward and extra 1sts going forward!

they have the second most 1st round picks over the next 7years(only okc has more)!

They have the assets to get him if they truly want him!

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

As long as Clint gets his finishing were it used to be, I'm okay.  I believe the free throws are what they are.

We can't have another season of him not finishing well at the rim with the easy looks he gets.

That's the main reason I wanted to move on from him besides the potential long term impact of an improving Ayton.

I agree. Clint missing both bunnies AND free throws made him a huge liability on offense. And, lowkey, people don’t talk enough about how he gets schemed away in the playoffs even going back to his Houston days.

I think OO gets way more shine now if Clint remains which is a huge plus compared to him losing playing time or being moved out just for us to add Ayton.

In other words, I’d rather have CC and OO for 48 mins than 1x Ayton for 30+ mil a year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Dean Walker said:

They have all their own picks going forward and extra 1sts going forward!

they have the second most 1st round picks over the next 7years(only okc has more)!

They have the assets to get him if they truly want him!

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Why would Utah want a bunch of mid-level picks?  They already have a ton of picks coming from the Gobert trade.  I get that picks all have some value but I do think there is a diminishing value that you can realize from them when other teams see that there is no way you can roster the players drafted with those picks (and thus you are forced to trade them which isn't ideal for trade leverage).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why would Utah want a bunch of mid-level picks?  They already have a ton of picks coming from the Gobert trade.  I get that picks all have some value but I do think there is a diminishing value that you can realize from them when other teams see that there is no way you can roster the players drafted with those picks (and thus you are forced to trade them which isn't ideal for trade leverage).

Just trust the yearn-alism on Twitter, brolio.  Don't think for yourself.