• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hawks are working the phones to pass along Harkless + trade exception from Huerter deal for a higher priced salary.

Can Harkless be traded now or is there a waiting period?  I guess it's now.   Do you know what type of player they are targeting?  backup PF maybe.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Can Harkless be traded now or is there a waiting period?  I guess it's now.   Do you know what type of player they are targeting?  backup PF maybe.

Yes and no.

1 for 1 trade yes.

1 for 1 + non player assets, yes.

1 for 2 players, not until Aug 30.

Note: a Trade exception is a player asset as it involved another player.

Any trade of Harkless for a player > 125% + 100,000 of his salary would require a Trade Exception.  In that case, the trade would be consummated after Aug 30 (but you could hear about it before then).  Any trade for a player or non player considerations (IE cash / pick) can be consummated immediately as long as the trade is for 125% + $100,000 or less of Harkless's current salary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Rumor to pass along.  Hawks are working the phones to pass along Harkless + trade exception from Huerter deal for a higher priced salary.

This would keep them at 13 players.

They are working on a few vets right now to bring in at the vet minimum and the MLE/partial MLE.  May hear something over the weekend/after Summer League.

Possible we finish with a salary $10 million north of the Tax line.

First real solid info I've had to pass along in a while.

Is this real? Or another one of your desperate ploys to be liked?

:laugh1:

That deadbeat Hark! (Unless he stays which he won’t)..

• Haha 4

So, obviously all of the big chips we previously heard about are out of play such as Ayton, Gobert, Simmons, etc....

A lot of the medium chips that could have helped are out of play like Brogdon, Warren, and others.

So who could we be looking at that makes anywhere from 9 mil to 17.75 mil (Harkless + Midlevel) that we previously were not connected to?

The only "holes" we have would be a backup PG or Forward, but of the bucket getting variety. I think a vet scorer with size is probably more important than another guard. 

I am interested to see who we are looking at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

If you have children then you know this

I don’t have any but I just played pickup ball with some …  energetic lil tykes I’ll tell ya! I still busted they a$$ tho. #lifelessons

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So, obviously all of the big chips we previously heard about are out of play such as Ayton, Gobert, Simmons, etc....

A lot of the medium chips that could have helped are out of play like Brogdon, Warren, and others.

So who could we be looking at that makes anywhere from 9 mil to 17.75 mil (Harkless + Midlevel) that we previously were not connected to?

The only "holes" we have would be a backup PG or Forward, but of the bucket getting variety. I think a vet scorer with size is probably more important than another guard. 

I am interested to see who we are looking at.

I got:

Mason Plum

Deandre Jordan

Daniel Theis

Derrick Rose 🌹 

Terrence Ross

Larry Nance Jr.

Derrick Favors (see the OKC lover :er:)

Pat Bev (the pest)

Jordan (don’t 🤙 Kelly) Clarkson

Who do we like?

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I got:

Mason Plum

Deandre Jordan

Daniel Theis

Derrick Rose 🌹 

Terrence Ross

Larry Nance Jr.

Derrick Favors (see the OKC lover :er:)

Pat Bev (the pest)

Jordan (don’t 🤙 Kelly) Clarkson

Who do we like?

Clarkson is the best player on that list right now. He would round out our bench unit for sure. Our scoring would be extremely guard heavy, but he would give us insurance while Bogi gets healthy.

Nance and Theis would give us the type of size and savvy that comes in handy in the playoffs, but I don't see a reason the Pels would move Nance at 9mil expiring for Harkless 9mil expiring. Nance is the better player for the same price and length. Theis is a bit more realistic if not overly exciting.

Ross if healthy would be nice but that hasn't been the case the last couple of seasons.

I like Pat Bev but I just don't know if he fits here. Ideally our backup "PG" is really an off ball guard with some height since they will either play next to Murray who will run the point or Trae who is tiny and runs the point.

I think based on one of the initial rumors we heard this offseason about wanting a bonafide scorer off the bench, you would have to assume a guy like Clarkson would be very enticing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Clarkson is the best player on that list right now.

Been wanting him for 2-3 years now. Walking bucket 🪣 we need that off the pine 🌲 like a Ronald “Flip” Murray.

42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think based on one of the initial rumors we heard this offseason about wanting a bonafide scorer off the bench, you would have to assume a guy like Clarkson would be very enticing. 

Ya I like Clark.

What about Rose 🌹? You didn’t address him but he actually kills 2 birds with one stone 🪨. He runs the 2nd unit as the point but also a bucket 🪣.

2 years left on his deal. Does he really wanna waste away in NY? I mean.. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Rumor to pass along.  Hawks are working the phones to pass along Harkless + trade exception from Huerter deal for a higher priced salary.

They are working on a few vets right now to bring in at the vet minimum and the MLE/partial MLE.  May hear something over the weekend/after Summer League.

I like Harkless, but he's had two seasons that he wasn't the Harkless I like.

So, yeah... by all means... would love to see if we could get some stronger, more reliable asset.

But.

I'd thought you can't combine a trade exception with any other asset (???).

1 minute ago, sturt said:

So, yeah... by all means... would love to see if we could get some stronger, more reliable asset.

You think we need a big fat lug more or a backup combo?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

You think we need a big fat lug more or a backup combo?

Huh?

I mainly think we need someone whose injury history hasn't been as significant.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

I love our new owner.  Think with your ego, Tony.  Get another asset.  We need to win.  

59 minutes ago, sturt said:

But.

I'd thought you can't combine a trade exception with any other asset (???).

You're thinking in a box.  See the Dallas example below:

https://cbabreakdown.com/salary-cap-exceptions

• Example — A number of trade credits were created, and later used, as a part of the New York Knicks trading Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks in February of 2019.

• Dallas, treating Wesley Matthews as a non-simultaneous trade for CBA purposes in the large Porzingis deal, sent Matthews ($18.6 million) to the Knicks. From Dallas’ perspective, they basically sent Matthews over for “nothing”. Dallas now held an $18.6 million trade credit that it could use for up to 1 year.

• A week later, in a separate trade, Dallas sent Harrison Barnes ($21.3 million) to the Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph ($11.7 million) and Justin Jackson ($2.8 million). Randolph’s contract was absorbed into the existing Wesley Matthews trade credit. Jackson was dealt with separately. Like the initial trade of Wesley Matthews, Dallas also treated the Harrison Barnes trade as a new, non-simultaneous trade and created a $21.3 million trade credit for him as well.

• Finally, in July of 2019, Dallas absorbed Delon Wright ($9.2 million) into that $21.3 million trade credit in a separate trade with the Memphis Grizzlies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You're thinking in a box.  See the Dallas example below:

https://cbabreakdown.com/salary-cap-exceptions

• Example — A number of trade credits were created, and later used, as a part of the New York Knicks trading Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks in February of 2019.

• Dallas, treating Wesley Matthews as a non-simultaneous trade for CBA purposes in the large Porzingis deal, sent Matthews ($18.6 million) to the Knicks. From Dallas’ perspective, they basically sent Matthews over for “nothing”. Dallas now held an $18.6 million trade credit that it could use for up to 1 year.

• A week later, in a separate trade, Dallas sent Harrison Barnes ($21.3 million) to the Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph ($11.7 million) and Justin Jackson ($2.8 million). Randolph’s contract was absorbed into the existing Wesley Matthews trade credit. Jackson was dealt with separately. Like the initial trade of Wesley Matthews, Dallas also treated the Harrison Barnes trade as a new, non-simultaneous trade and created a $21.3 million trade credit for him as well.

• Finally, in July of 2019, Dallas absorbed Delon Wright ($9.2 million) into that $21.3 million trade credit in a separate trade with the Memphis Grizzlies.

So, let me see if I'm tracking with what you're putting down since the trade exception itself is only $3.65m (?)...

What you might be suggesting, effectively, is that we would trade the $3.65m for a real player, and then trade that player along with Harkless for a more expensive asset...

If my math is correct, an asset w/ a contract of as much as $10,370,611 (though probably somewhat less since it's unlikely you're going to obtain someone for exactly $3.65m).... yes???

Okay. So, @kg01 strap in... it appears we might just end up with Micic (whose rights we would obtain, and then sign after the trade with some MLE) and Favors or Green after all!!!

tenor-48.gif

• Confused 2