• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Micic is a solid, big PG or decent size SG that knows how to win and plays smart basketball on both ends. He's absolutely perfect for us as a backup PG. 

I gotta tell ya… I don’t see it happening. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Micic is a solid, big PG or decent size SG that knows how to win and plays smart basketball on both ends. He's absolutely perfect for us as a backup PG. 

200.gif?cid=790b7611dlzuz087ssftbxjdnoos

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Luka Doncic not interested in recruiting players to Dallas

Luka Doncic is not active in recruiting players to his team, ESPN reports. “They seek his input, but he’s not heavily involved in personnel decisions,” ESPN’s reporter Tim MacMahon told. “He has not shown interest in being heavily involved. He spends much of his offseason in Europe. He’s not a guy who has shown the desire to be a recruiter.”
 via BasketNews
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Luka Doncic is not active in recruiting players to his team, ESPN reports. “They seek his input, but he’s not heavily involved in personnel decisions,” ESPN’s reporter Tim MacMahon told. “He has not shown interest in being heavily involved. He spends much of his offseason in Europe. He’s not a guy who has shown the desire to be a recruiter.”
 via BasketNews

I kind of dig this in a weird way. Come to me. Lillard.. Beal (ew).. one jersey on any player to me is pretty cool. Even if it is Puka 🤮 Doncic 😂 

24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That’s fine, but what about actively doing what you can to get guys to come to your team, because that’s what they are saying. He has no desire to convince anyone else to play with him in Dallas.

That is admirable as well, especially back in the 80’s/90’s. But this day and age that will leave you behind the pack when there is activity going on all around you and your team is staying put and/or losing guys to other teams like they just did.

Trae has the same mindset per his Dad, that he is not the type to just leave and join another man somewhere else. But Trae also has the ego and charisma that he will try to guys to come roll with him in Atlanta.

There is an interview with Michael Porter Jr where he talks about his HS days with Trae, and almost seems as if he looks up to him, despite MPJ having been the #1 HS player in the country and Trae being way down on the list as his teammate. He joked that Trae would tell him all the time “this is my team”. 

Trae may get snubbed by the masses, and ignored by Bron, Curry and the old legion of superstars. But just wait, these young stars look at Trae and know what time it is. And Trae is pitching the Hawks to his peers as shown by Murray’s arrival. Relationships 101, people go where they feel wanted.

Trae is doing his part to make us a destination. Luka will have to rely on Cuban to do his recruiting I guess.

Landry Fields also had a previous relationship with Murray from his days in SA......

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Landry Fields also had a previous relationship with Murray from his days in SA......

Yes, and the Knicks, and other franchises.

We specifically heard that Trae wanted this to happen though. Not taking credit away from the GM, but Trae was the driver and reason we were as aggressive as we were to do it. Also, Murray wanting to come to Atlanta and play with Trae specifically.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We specifically heard that Trae wanted this to happen though. Not taking credit away from the GM, but Trae was the driver and reason we were as aggressive as we were to do it. Also, Murray wanting to come to Atlanta and play with Trae specifically.

Knicks? No I mean he was the GM of Spurs G league team when Murray was there..

59 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is also a Klutch sports thing which is why Trae wants to play with Ben too.  They are at the same agency so probably interact a little more. 

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That’s fine, but what about actively doing what you can to get guys to come to your team, because that’s what they are saying. He has no desire to convince anyone else to play with him in Dallas.

That is admirable as well, especially back in the 80’s/90’s. But this day and age that will leave you behind the pack when there is activity going on all around you and your team is staying put and/or losing guys to other teams like they just did.

Trae has the same mindset per his Dad, that he is not the type to just leave and join another man somewhere else. But Trae also has the ego and charisma that he will try to guys to come roll with him in Atlanta.

There is an interview with Michael Porter Jr where he talks about his HS days with Trae, and almost seems as if he looks up to him, despite MPJ having been the #1 HS player in the country and Trae being way down on the list as his teammate. He joked that Trae would tell him all the time “this is my team”. 

Trae may get snubbed by the masses, and ignored by Bron, Curry and the old legion of superstars. But just wait, these young stars look at Trae and know what time it is. And Trae is pitching the Hawks to his peers as shown by Murray’s arrival. Relationships 101, people go where they feel wanted.

Trae is doing his part to make us a destination. Luka will have to rely on Cuban to do his recruiting I guess.

Ya I guess if YOU are the man (TRAE) and actively recruiting that’s fine, just don’t be KD and seek out situations where you can hop on board for a ride.

Be Mike and Kobe. Don’t be KD and Kyme.

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae may get snubbed by the masses, and ignored by Bron, Curry and the old legion of superstars. But just wait,

sCurry is a bum.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

sCurry is a bum.

That's four time champ.

No idea how you can hate on Curry and not LeBron.  LeBron has swept the Hawks in EVERY Playoff series, but not one word of hate for him.  Yet, the only player to put him in his place a couple of times and you hate on him. 

Makes no sense to me. That's the only reason I started liking the Warriors...lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Idk what this account is, but locking up Hunter for 15-16 million per year would be awesome 👁👁.

Trae/Murray/Hunter/JC is a solid 🪨core of players to build around for the short/long term 📸📸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Galloway is 🤒 of it too 😂 

Langston Galloway on free agency: Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving are holding things up

i_63_b9_3e_langston-galloway.png?w=190

Langston Galloway split time between Milwaukee and Brooklyn last season and also played in a series of Olympic qualifiers for USA Basketball. He has not yet signed with a team for 2022-23 and offers an insight on that piece of his future. “Right now (Kevin Durant) and (Kyrie Irving) are holding things up,” Galloway said. “Once what those guys do is decided, things will fall into place for the rest of us.”

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, akay said:

Idk what this account is, but locking up Hunter for 15-16 million per year would be awesome 👁👁.

Trae/Murray/Hunter/JC is a solid 🪨core of players to build around for the short/long term 📸📸

That would be a steal!!!  Highway robbery!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via BasketNews

This probably sounds foolish but I will state it anyhow.

Luka could be an all time great statwise one day but that kind of attitude in this era highly likely won’t help him win. You can’t have this kind of attitude unless you’re on the lakers, Celtics, heat, perhaps spurs …a franchise that has some credibility to attract stars even without the need star recruitment.

if Luka stayed a hawk and read this I’d be so annoyed right now 😂….glad Trae don’t have this kind of attitude …it’s not fitting for this era.