• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Backcourt: Trae and Dejounte

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

JC and Cap boutta eat🥵 with 2 elite PnR players on the team.

Which has me thinking, in the future, if you're an elite big, wouldn't you want to play with a pg who will maximize your skills?🤔

Trae Young expertly uses his big better than anyone currently in the league, so I'd have to wager that a generational big man (Zion/VicW) will make their way to the Hawks at some point in Trae's career. Just some 🍲for 🧠

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

There’s a level of player development that we haven’t really ever had, especially compared to organizations like the Spurs and Raptors that thrive on that.

My point: They wouldn’t have become who they are today as Hawks. 

What would Bembry have become had he been drafted by the Spurs and Pop? 

• Like 1

One very important thing that I really hope our new, old guy teaches these Hawks.  MONEY!

Wow!  Just look at all this money that I have to spend.  They spend and spend until they retire, broke.  They spent it all with no thought of tomorrow.  It's so sad to see men make millions in their youth and end up with nothing.  This happens too often.  

So many of us wouldn't pay in to social security if it wasn't mandatory.  Human nature.  I want it all right now!

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

Revisionist History...

IN 2016...

we drafted Taureen Prince and DeAndre Bembry  instead of Pascal Siakim and Dejounte Murray...

download.jpg.fca100b99c9af3a45c1c8043b9043927.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What would Bembry have become had he been drafted by the Spurs and Pop? 

I don’t know, but he had every tool except for outside shooting. I’ve seen less talented guys become household names.

DeMarre Carrol comes to mind. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

every tool

Disagree here. I think he was lacking more than just that. I liked him on D though but his offense was sporadic and frantic, sometimes it worked out for Pierre but often times, nope. :buba:

I did have a special place for him in my heart tho due to his brother.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:38 PM, Spud2nique said:

Perfect fit on paper 📑 but as we all know games aren’t played on paper 📄.…. Clichés and more…

They complete each other on the court as far as attributes and if both don’t have the skill at least one does but I. This case they seem to be a couple of pretty confident, skilled and mature young men.

Again @JayBirdHawk we got your boy and I know you know your ball, you wouldn’t want a knucklehead like Damian Jones or anything.. 🏃‍♀️ :laugh1:

No but I’m excited. I think we all quite excited. As Burd pointed out before on a post, we haven’t had a DM type in a while, if ever. JJ had the O but not the D, Smitty the same, Augmon the opposite, ya I don’t remember this type of a player for us.

I’d like to add that DM’s D also unleashes Hunter and Big O’s D’s.. :er: (that’s a lotta D) AND CAP 🧢 How could I forget Ah Capela, yes unleashes his too.

@RedDawg#8 and I noticed that it could also be the first duo point guard starting combo in the league.

Curry and Klay..Wall and Beal.. Nah

The closest would be Lillard and McCollum most likely.

We have last year’s 3rd and 4th highest assist average guys in THE ENTIRE LEAGUE in Trae and DM respectively.

Look it up, that’s never happened.

If this happened in the old days..

It would be the equivalent of a Gary Payton/Jason Kidd type backcourt. Both are electrifying playmakers while being able to put it in the hole themselves whenever they please.

I’m pretty excited and probably will be using this gif a lot during games.

image.gif.e82f4838d2127a42b5d3612291b8401a.gif

James Harden and Chris Paul come to mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/22/2022 at 2:59 PM, AHF said:

I vote for whatever nickname will send sturt off the rails.  Maybe The Iceman, Pistol Murray, Air Hunter, the Baptist and The Admiral for our starters?

hehe... yeah, cause, like, you know how much BigO21 upset ol sturt... and don't even whisper Big2O, or that'll get 'em goin.

More soberly and almost too obviously... Pistol Murray, Air Hunter and the Baptist all would seem to be untaken by any of the top 50 all-timers. I say go for it, don't you? And yes, Iceman belongs to a legend, but Ice Trae does not... not yet anyway. The Admiral would get Spurs fans practically as equally riled... along with those of us who think respect is a thing.

Stepping back, it's an interesting social phenomenon how it's so easy for folks to eventually decide they want to cozy up with the disrespectful, and mock the respectful. Reminds me a lot of 7th grade, and how I would prefer to blend in and receive approval of my non-serious peers than to prefer the approval of the adult with the desk at the front of the room. No, really. It does. Mrs. Pelfry in particular, who eventually literally got into a shoving match at age 65-ish with my friend Bryan who just loved pushing the old lady's buttons.

• Premium Member
On 7/23/2022 at 2:19 PM, Diesel said:

we blame our team for not "developing" them correctly.

I can only speak for me....

As I recall anyway, my contention wasn't that the Hawks didn't develop Bruno correctly, but that it was a classic case where Fate intervened with circumstances (covid and his mother's sudden death in Angola) that crippled Bruno's development. Hawks made a rational decision to move on because they'd turned the corner to attempting to be serious contenders. It was just unfortunate timing.

Thankfully, the Cs and the Rockets gave him some minutes, and there's reason again to be bullish on Bruno.