• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Backcourt: Trae and Dejounte

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well said - shot selection, time on shot clock, rhythm shots or not all key factors.

1. Playing off ball is a work in progress

2. Playing with the bench lineup of The Holidaze, JJ and OO - Work in progress. Trae doesn't have the timing or comfort level with OO and JJ that he does with CC and JC - give it time. Trae has to do a better job of organizing that unit. 

This is all true. This isn't saying Trae isn't above criticism either, just maybe consider the why someone is struggling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Don't forget that Trae wanted Dejounte here. That tells me he's willing and eager to change his game to accommodate him.

Trae seems to respond well to people he respects. His floor game improved dramatically when Nate became the HC and Lloyd was let go. It's only a matter of time before something clicks and he learns how to remain aggressive while playing off of DJM and everyone else.

His playmaking has been as good as it ever has to open a season with Dejounte.  That's the really encouraging thing because his efficiency will come.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think Trae learned a lot working out with Steph and others this summer.   Trae is a student of the game and he's very aware. Him and DJM are going to be a very hard tandem to beat because now... we have defense.  It's better than getting Klay or PG13.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Hey bud I'm just calling what I see with my eyes.You say I'm old school but I like Morants game a lot. I like Darius Garlands game a lot. You used the selfish word with Trae not me. 

I dont mind the shimmy, all I was saying was don't rush to get to the shimmy. Let it come with the flow of the game. It will come with a little more patience in my opinion. 

You have to let that ECF appearance go bud. The East is a gauntlet NOW with defensive powerhouses. 

I am not asking for Trae to be Murray, I'm asking for Trae to have another year of maturity. Hunter knows what a championship feels like. It wasn't the NBA but still has champion in his blood. Use him, feed him. Collins is fully healthy with a chip on his shoulder. Feed him. Murray is a creator and generator. Trae doesn't need to be Trae old and do EVERYTHING. He can literally chill more, preserve his energy and get easier buckets. 

I think Trae will adjust, we are 2 games in and his entire career before this he has had to carry the entire offensive load.  It will take some time.  I want him being aggressive because good things happen when he is.  He does need to be a bit more patient though, we don't need a logo three at the very beginning of the shot clock or game, in most cases we can get a better look.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

These posts are a bad look 2 games into the season. We've seen this before. Trae will end up at 25+pts and 10+ apg on good efficiency by the All-Star break. 

People are still not comfortable with him taking shots from 28+ feet.  As long as he shoots those shots in rhythm, they don't bother me anymore.

They really bothered me in his rookie season, when he would settle for that shot and not attack.  But he ends up doing a mixture of both.

If anything, he should try to get himself going first with shots in the paint, then start firing the bombs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hawkman said:

These posts are a bad look 2 games into the season. We've seen this before. Trae will end up at 25+pts and 10+ apg on good efficiency by the All-Star break. 

Yep, and what happened yesterday?  We were in rhythm and lost it when Trae was forced out of the game.  The first chance DJM could show that he would take over a game in a situation like that was not a success.  It doesn't mean that he's not capable, but it didn't happen yesterday.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is not what I said dude. Wtf! Don't try to play me. I wrote exactly what I stated. No where did I say Ja is better than Trae or AI is more efficient than Trae. 

Your post is good. His post is why most of the NBA community don't take Hawk fans seriously. We have too many homers

They way you wrote your post seemed like you were bashing. I understand your larger point about about perspective and different situations.  I also understand objectivity but I am a fan of the Hawks so I could care less about what another fan base thinks of my opinions.   I am not here to judge anyone or rate their posts, I appreciate folks being objective about Hawks players good and bad including Trae’s shooting percentage. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

People are still not comfortable with him taking shots from 28+ feet.  As long as he shoots those shots in rhythm, they don't bother me anymore.

They really bothered me in his rookie season, when he would settle for that shot and not attack.  But he ends up doing a mixture of both.

If anything, he should try to get himself going first with shots in the paint, then start firing the bombs.

Agree but by the way, I think up to nearly 50 percent on those logo threes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hawkman said:

Thank you. Makes me wanna hide from squawk when I read these posts, same posts every year and we 3 games in, wait till we 10,20,25 in then start bashing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Yep, and what happened yesterday?  We were in rhythm and lost it when Trae was forced out of the game.  The first chance DJM could show that he would take over a game in a situation like that was not a success.  It doesn't mean that he's not capable, but it didn't happen yesterday.

agreed. I was expecting a lot more from an all star PG, but he looked like he didn't even want to run the offense during that stretch.  Kept deferring to midget Holiday.

• Premium Member
On 10/23/2022 at 9:52 AM, StonedDogs said:

Hey bud I'm just calling what I see with my eyes.You say I'm old school but I like Morants game a lot. I like Darius Garlands game a lot. You used the selfish word with Trae not me. 

I dont mind the shimmy, all I was saying was don't rush to get to the shimmy. Let it come with the flow of the game. It will come with a little more patience in my opinion. 

You have to let that ECF appearance go bud. The East is a gauntlet NOW with defensive powerhouses. 

I am not asking for Trae to be Murray, I'm asking for Trae to have another year of maturity. Hunter knows what a championship feels like. It wasn't the NBA but still has champion in his blood. Use him, feed him. Collins is fully healthy with a chip on his shoulder. Feed him. Murray is a creator and generator. Trae doesn't need to be Trae old and do EVERYTHING. He can literally chill more, preserve his energy and get easier buckets. 

I hear you. Trae is not beyond critique. However, I for one, will not be taking for granted the greatness I see every night. I will not be forgetting the ECF run. So far that was the best season in Atlanta Hawks franchise history and Trae shimmied and three point bombed us there.  I am riding with my team and Trae until the wheels fall off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shakes said:

midget Holiday.

:aaa: Dude has been solid for us. And your boy Trae is a small guard too. Maaaaan, i shoulda listened to @kg01, don’t come here after a loss. 

Game 3 folks… game…3.

You know how I know it’s early.

The Utah Jazz are 3-0.

It’s not 1989 either, no this is present day. I hear Lauri is ballin out. 

It’s game 3,

onto game 4.

We good.

@shakes youre better than that. 

image.gif.31db9f8dd8de012c305d741d4b22cdca.gif

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You cannot be serious with this.  AI was garbage efficiency as a scorer in his prime relative to the rest of the league.  Trae >>>>> AI.

Wish I could both like and laugh respond to this post.  Trae just had one of most efficient, high volume seasons for a point guard ever last year.  AI was less of a ball hog, more in control, and less wild?  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

You cannot be serious with this.  AI was garbage efficiency as a scorer in his prime relative to the rest of the league.  Trae >>>>> AI.

AI's career best scoring season:

2001-02 31.4 PPG - .489% TS%

2001-02 League Average: .520% TS%

Difference:  NEGATIVE .031% TS%

Philly 23rd in ORTG

Trae 2021-22 28.4 PPG - .603% TS%

2021-22 League Average: .566% TS%

Difference:  POSITIVE .037% TS%

Atlanta 2nd in ORTG

Anyone who wants to compare AI and Trae and conclude that AI was the better scorer and more impactful offensive player can :gtfo:

Post this on RealGM or reddit and see how many people will agree with you even with the data

It's easy to do that here. No one will combat you but most of the NBA world would agree with me. 

I love Trae but AI is a better scorer and I don't even believe it's close. 

Edited by NBASupes