• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew League 2022...Plus Other Summer ProAm Leagues & Smack Talk

JayBirdHawk

Naw, it looks like that growth on John’s finger is soaking up all his nutrients.  His face looks sunken, skinny in the thighs, shoulders slimmer than usual even though he’s hunching them up... 
image.thumb.jpeg.eb819a86d7ef141085d0574b43ae06dc.jpeg

I don’t know, maybe just a previous night’s hangover/bad game combo but he looked like he was 220lbs in the clips too. Getting “Skinny Smoove” 2.0 vibes but while Smoove was living off mama’s conch salad, John looks like he’s living off stale bread and tap water. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Naw, it looks like that growth on John’s finger is soaking up all his nutrients.  His face looks sunken, skinny in the thighs, shoulders slimmer than usual even though he’s hunching them up... 

I don’t know, maybe just a previous night’s hangover/bad game combo but he looked like he was 220lbs in the clips too. Getting “Skinny Smoove” 2.0 vibes but while Smoove was living off mama’s conch salad, John looks like he’s living off stale bread and tap water. 

I wasnt just making this shit up...Dude looks skinny as hell...And if that finger is gonna be messing with his shooting and lob catching, what good is he?

Edited by terrell

14 hours ago, BangHolman said:

His finger makes you wonder if the front office push to move him this off-season was to move him before anyone saw him play. If there is a drop in his level of play, he is vastly overpaid.

Or maybe the DL was to boost his trade value.. If so, bad move.......

Edited by terrell

On 7/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, sturt said:

John’s shoulders and legs do look quite questionable.  The trends with his eFG, rebounding, and FG attempts inside 3 feet do not bode well going forward; his career highs in those areas seem like a distant memory.  The effect of ‘roids on his game were glaring.  

On a side note everyone’s just gonna believe David Ortiz could naturally slug .475 at 25 and .640 at 40?  Ooooooo-Kay.

Trae giving no f’s wearing Nike socks to an adidas-promoted event no less lol.

The Drew league is awesome for attendees.  I can’t imagine Schlenk & Fields are getting any sleep worrying about an injury.

2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Post roids shrinkage is what kg told me happens I dunno 🤷‍♀️.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The effect of ‘roids on his game were glaring.  

:blanky:

• Moderators
7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

John’s shoulders and legs do look quite questionable.  The trends with his eFG, rebounding, and FG attempts inside 3 feet do not bode well going forward; his career highs in those areas seem like a distant memory.  The effect of ‘roids on his game were glaring.  

On a side note everyone’s just gonna believe David Ortiz could naturally slug .475 at 25 and .640 at 40?  Ooooooo-Kay.

Trae giving no f’s wearing Nike socks to an adidas-promoted event no less lol.

The Drew league is awesome for attendees.  I can’t imagine Schlenk & Fields are getting any sleep worrying about an injury.

You know the change in his shot selection is due to 1 thing right:

Clint Capela.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having Clint Capela who does nothing else outside of 2 feet will do that.

It makes sense of course but I don’t automatically subscribe to Clint affecting teammates’ scoring and rebounding.  He’s far from selfish and isn’t really an out-of-area rebounder.  Ded took more shots in John’s highest scoring season (8.4) than Clint did last season (8.2). 

As the far superior FT shooter I just want him around the basket a lot more.  That’s how he posted a better rookie FG% than Shaq, not ti mention a better impact when he’s engaged on the offensive glass.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Capela does not "shoot" free throws.  He throws line drives at the hoop, hoping for the best.

🥺

Truth.  Honestly i just don't get it.   They 'work' on it but his form never changes despite being totally ineffective. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Time to toss it underhand

Or left hand or push it from your chest or something.  Anything other than raise it, move your arms horizontally a random amount and then throw in a straight line. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

It makes sense of course but I don’t automatically subscribe to Clint affecting teammates’ scoring and rebounding.  He’s far from selfish and isn’t really an out-of-area rebounder.  Ded took more shots in John’s highest scoring season (8.4) than Clint did last season (8.2). 

As the far superior FT shooter I just want him around the basket a lot more.  That’s how he posted a better rookie FG% than Shaq, not ti mention a better impact when he’s engaged on the offensive glass.

It does, not so much the number of shots but the type of shots. If JC is playing more on the perimter it affects is fg percentages and his freethrow rate. There is no where for Clint to go beyond 3 feet that clears the lane.

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It does, not so much the number of shots but the type of shots. If JC is playing more on the perimter it affects is fg percentages and his freethrow rate. There is no where for Clint to go beyond 3 feet that clears the lane.

This should be obvious.  It is about spacing not fga.

In the 2018-19 season you referenced with the 8.2 fga, @benhillboy, Dedmon took the majority of his shots from 10+ feet away from the basket and over 41% of his attempts from 3pt range (his highest volume region according to basketball reference’s shooting stats).

In contrast, Capela shot just over 1% of his shots from more than 10 feet away and almost 77% of his shots from within 3 feet of the hoop.

One opened up space for JC near the basket and the other clogged that space up.

• Thanks 1