Drew League 2022...Plus Other Summer ProAm Leagues & Smack Talk

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

I like the spunk, but unless DJM got dissed by the rook, or something, no need to go all medieval on the kid this soon,eh?

On 7/31/2022 at 12:27 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I know that the game has changed and all, but I truly don’t understand how you cant make it work with 2 bigs in the paint. The court is the same size, the players are basically the same size as 30 yrs ago, there are still 24 secs on the shot clock. 

I mean in the 90’s, you’d have almost all 5 guys inside the arc, or at least 4, and they found ways to score 100+ points.

I really am curious if you had the right mix of skillset, why couldn’t a coach make it work?

Why not pound on teams inside and punish them for being too small?

Pay attention to Minny and how they scheme  KAT and Gobert. They may figure something out that we can use here.

In the meantime thank goodness JC can shoot from outside and make it work.

The skillsets, abilities and tactics/schemes have been constantly progressing since the 90's. 

It's easier to guard and build a fist/wall when the floor is compacted. When it's spread you can create holes. The more you can spread the defense the better else it's just who's taller/more athletic and accurate.

Even then the defense has a better chance of stopping the ball and wing spans get less important when the court is compacted.

Players like Mugsy or even our own like Mookie and Mutombo could eat defensively when they knew exactly where the ball was going (in the paint).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Is that Banchero in the clip ? If so, boy he got COOKED

"Bbbbut it's jussa pro-am.  Him wasn't going 100%." - Orlando-pologists 

Seriously though, the main takeaway is that the guy has some edge we've sorely needed.

And apparently, to answer @LongTimeFan question further, there's some backstory there we don't know fully about.

Ah well, better than meekly going into the good sweet night like they did vs MIA.

And i would say this would make for a good rivalry since ORL is in our division but i wont.  They suck so who cares.

This is an ultimate 'we're in your league but you're not in ours' situation.

Saying that to mess with our Magic fans lurking.  Sneakily one of the weirdest fanbases online.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Wretch said:

Well I know one thing for sure...if we go down, we won't go down quietly. LOL

Our locker room is gonna be LIT. 

Indeed.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Bbbbut it's jussa pro-am.  Him wasn't going 100%." - Orlando-pologists 

Seriously though, the main takeaway is that the guy has some edge we've sorely needed.

And apparently, to answer @LongTimeFan question further, there's some backstory there we don't know fully about.

Ah well, better than meekly going into the good sweet night like they did vs MIA.

And i would say this would make for a good rivalry since ORL is in our division but i wont.  They suck so who cares.

This is an ultimate 'we're in your league but you're not in ours' situation.

Saying that to mess with our Magic fans lurking.  Sneakily one of the weirdest fanbases online.

Can't wait for the first Orlando game. Offseason scrimmaged rolling into regular season....Can't wait.

The rest of the Hawks gotta step their 'edge' up.

• Like 1