• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Drew League 2022...Plus Other Summer ProAm Leagues & Smack Talk

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, 'Dishes n Dunks'?.  That's a good podcast name.  Your thoughts, @Spud2nique?

We can have Final-q on as our first guest.  Spoiler alert, we probably won't be talkin' dishes or dunks. 😁

I love it, for a warm up I wonder if we could just test the audio with samples of our best PA impersonations.

I GOT THE CAVS!!! (From the past)

BRAAAAAADDD DAUGHERTYYYYYY FROOOOMMMMMM MARRRRKKKK PRICEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

(he had a funky voice)

Oh, @Final_quest, that’s funny before seeing this I just hit him up with his Pistons parallel, I dug it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The end of each show every guest is asked their favorite food and donut shop.  Or they have to guess the favorite food of NBA stars the Hawks  play next on the schedule.  

Example: What is Zion’s favorite dish?

It has to be pasta, cinnamon rolls, or funnel cakes.  

Ok he just locked up the first guest @kg01. He’s talkin food and hoops!!! He had me at donut 🍩.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I think we already have that.   We are already hated... People hate Trae.  Dejounte is a villain by nature. 

Trae and Dejounte After the first championship!!

Bad Boys For Life GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Haha.  I guess the captions gonna read, "Aye it's a good think OO can shoot rickety jumpshots to lead us to this title, bro!" 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Actually, I think we already have that.   We are already hated... People hate Trae.  Dejounte is a villain by nature. 

Trae and Dejounte After the first championship!!

Bad Boys For Life GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Seeing Dejounte getting into it this summer is sending a message.  We're not soft.  We need another guy to step up into an enforcer role.  Capela will finger wag, but Hunter has got to play with more of a chip.  The Rick Mahorn or Rodman off the bench role, it could actually be Tyrese.  

DM might help us start to get calls like the Heat, a new physical play reputation.  Now Okongwu and Hunter stop getting quick whistles and we can bully people because "the new Hawks with DM are tougher."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

Haterism and skepticism are two different animals lol  I'm an Okongwu skeptic, not a hater and in truth, I have been more unimpressed than skeptical. Moreover, my opinion was/is less about his ceiling and more about where we picked him.  The ideal return on a high lottery pick is a bit more than a "good defender with a motor and high mobility."  If he shows us that "a bit more" on the court, I will exhale.  Though, aside from scrimmage and training video, he hasn't shown it.

Again, for proper retrospect, I would be excited to pick up a free agent, trade for, or draft a mid/late 1st or second rounder that is a good defender with a motor and high mobility.  I am not excited about a lottery pick who's selling points are precisely the same.  Also, (trademark Wretch phrase incoming...) I have never been a Hawks player hater.  Coaches, GM's...I've got my pitchfork and torch on standby.  Not with Hawks players.  I don't give up on guys.  Hell, I defended Big Dog until the very end.  Regarding Okongwu, it is PURELY about the price tag.  There are expectations that come with that #6 pick that was spent on him.

Saw a quick piece on OO FYI...and video of him balling:
https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/08/06/atlanta-hawks-onyeka-okongwu-work/?a_aid=40179&fbclid=IwAR2uVDsnXmO6U1AQdpVHOYVwILbVpdCEw__ILgsfx_w3JMqq2r1Pt7qoOrE

Nah, if you don't believe OO is the second coming of Kareem. Abdul jOlajuwon, you're a 'casual'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Haterism and skepticism are two different animals lol  I'm an Okongwu skeptic, not a hater and in truth, I have been more unimpressed than skeptical. Moreover, my opinion was/is less about his ceiling and more about where we picked him.  The ideal return on a high lottery pick is a bit more than a "good defender with a motor and high mobility."  If he shows us that "a bit more" on the court, I will exhale.  Though, aside from scrimmage and training video, he hasn't shown it.

Again, for proper retrospect, I would be excited to pick up a free agent, trade for, or draft a mid/late 1st or second rounder that is a good defender with a motor and high mobility.  I am not excited about a lottery pick who's selling points are precisely the same.  Also, (trademark Wretch phrase incoming...) I have never been a Hawks player hater.  Coaches, GM's...I've got my pitchfork and torch on standby.  Not with Hawks players.  I don't give up on guys.  Hell, I defended Big Dog until the very end.  Regarding Okongwu, it is PURELY about the price tag.  There are expectations that come with that #6 pick that was spent on him.

Saw a quick piece on OO FYI...and video of him balling:
https://soaringdownsouth.com/2022/08/06/atlanta-hawks-onyeka-okongwu-work/?a_aid=40179&fbclid=IwAR2uVDsnXmO6U1AQdpVHOYVwILbVpdCEw__ILgsfx_w3JMqq2r1Pt7qoOrE

You’re still mad we took him at 6 in 2020 huh?

• Haha 3