• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Does the dude have any big wins in his career?

Do we count the one game in Philadelphia vs Jokic earlier this year?  He puffed his chess out over that one for a long time.  So long that he had to sit out the return matchup in DEN. Fraud. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do we count the one game in Philadelphia vs Jokic earlier this year?  He puffed his chess out over that one for a long time.  So long that he had to sit out the return matchup in DEN. Fraud. 

One FG in the second half.  I just can't get over that.   He's supposedly too big and too skilled to shut down.  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bill Simmons is a moron. I hate that guy so much. Trae trade. @kg01 what’s wrong with Bill?

IMG_7881.png

He has the same problem as folks like Shams, Stephen A, etc.  The problem is that we keep saying their names.  The solution is to ignore them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators

He has also been someone predisposed to BS (pun intended) with Trae since he was one of the most outspoken members of the press declaring Trae a bust and was proclaiming Luka the greatest player since Larry Bird from day 1.  If you like his schtick enjoy his writing as you would other authors of fiction but as a reporter he is a definite ignore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He has the same problem as folks like Shams, Stephen A, etc.  The problem is that we keep saying their names.  The solution is to ignore them. 

Yes I agree. He’s always been an idiot but he now has it in for us I bet because of all the Jaylen back to ATL rumors he hears so his small genitals came out with this trade. :saythat:

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Excited about this as long as it doesn't become yet another thing that is "rules for the Hawks but not their opponents" ala the contact with officials with DM and ignored for Tatum.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

For real.  One that makes me crazy is the continuation calls.  I see so many guys getting two shots on a drive to the hoop where the foul occurs a step or two before the shooting motion.  Trae probably leads the league in fouls drawn that are side outs.  No telling how they would call him for flops. 

I like some of the rule changes where Harden, CP3, and Embiid would see a defender with a hand out and get a call on a rip through with an incredible unnatural shooting motion.  Or when a defender is fighting a screen above the three point line and the guy with the ball would change direction run into the defender coming over the screen and get three shots.  The one rule change I hate is not being able to take advantage of a defender that leaves the ground on a shot fake.  I understand that jumping into the player is not your natural shooting motion, but it's one of the only ways to capitalize on the defender violating a basic fundamental of not leaving the ground.  Any defender who leaves the ground should be a sitting duck, and if they aren't you just changed the game to allow for defenders to jump up and down as much as they want as long as they don't restrict your "natural" shooting motion.  "That's not basketball!"

I know there are guys who think it's a cheap excuse to say officials call us differently.  Five calls a game can be 8-10 point differential, though.  I saw three bad calls down the stretch all the time last year, remember all of those 4Q blown leads?  OK, rant over.    

I'm fine with the no-calls as long as, as you mention, it goes both ways.  No matter the history with Trae, continuation can't be called differently for him and us specifically.  Objectively, that's what we've seen consistently the last 2 seasons. 

• Like 3

So let me get this straight, they waited until Lebron said he might consider retirement for them to finally take a look at flopping? People have been complaining about flopping way longer than take fouls or drawing contact.

I bet they decide to implement this based upon his decision to return or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So let me get this straight, they waited until Lebron said he might consider retirement for them to finally take a look at flopping? People have been complaining about flopping way longer than take fouls or drawing contact.

I bet they decide to implement this based upon his decision to return or not. 

LBJ isn't retiring. He pulled the 'ye Ole okeydoke' to distract from the fact he got SWEPT!  Nothing more, nothing less - he controlled the narrative and the nut huggers fell for it hook line and sinker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

LBJ isn't retiring. He pulled the 'ye Ole okeydoke' to distract from the fact he got SWEPT!  Nothing more, nothing less - he controlled the narrative and the nut huggers fell for it hook line and sinker.

Just wait, this year its in Summer League, after next season it will be in the G-League.

Then, the season after he finally calls it quits, the flop rule will finally go in to full effect in the NBA. 

I see exactly how this will play out lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's a sly variation of the 'wait, I lost ... uh, I'm hurt' thing embiid does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1