• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2022-23 NBA Season Has Officially Started: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If I may ask, what would your choices be?

You didn't ask me buuutt...

Brunson deserves it.  Fox deserved to be higher.  Booker -  although I need to see how many games he missed.

My main beef is putting non-playoff participants so high.  Make them 3rd team, eh I can see it.  But 1st and 2nd team, at the very least, should reward winning teams.  

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Remember they would put Ben Simmons on these All NBA teams. Randle is obviously not the guy voters think he is.  

The issue with Randle is that his regular season play warrants it.  However, and it's a big butt, voters should be savvy enough to see the emptiness of his play/stats now that it's clear he's only a regular season phenomenon.

All of it goes away in the playoffs.  He builds numbers off playing hard when other teams are coasting.  But when everybody's playing hard, he can't hack it.  He should be punished for this when it comes to asg and all NBA selection. 

• Premium Member

I just hate the double standards. As Trae tweeted, he would have gotten "empty stats" and "bad team" as an excuse to not put him on the team. It was a struggle for him just to make 3rd team in the past. He didn't deserve it this season, that's not what I'm saying, but others don't get held to the same standards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The issue with Randle is that his regular season play warrants it.  However, and it's a big butt, voters should be savvy enough to see the emptiness of his play/stats now that it's clear he's only a regular season phenomenon.

Even if you solely focus on the regular season, everyone sees that Brunson was more deserving than Randle right?  That is what my eye test and the advanced metrics say.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Even if you solely focus on the regular season, everyone sees that Brunson was more deserving than Randle right?  That is what my eye test and the advanced metrics say.

You would think.  But that's not the world we live in. 

On another note, I'm thinking Brown making all-nba all but assures his exit from BOS.  That's too much money to tie up in guys that play the same position.  Especially if PHI wins that series. 

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You would think.  But that's not the world we live in. 

On another note, I'm thinking Brown making all-nba all but assures his exit from BOS.  That's too much money to tie up in guys that play the same position.  Especially if PHI wins that series. 

Come July 1st, Boston will offer him the Supermax, make no mistake about it. If he doesn't sign then he intends to leave. However, very few players have turned down a supermax. Usually they sign, and then force a trade later, which comes with its own risks. 

39 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Come July 1st, Boston will offer him the Supermax, make no mistake about it. If he doesn't sign then he intends to leave. However, very few players have turned down a supermax. Usually they sign, and then force a trade later, which comes with its own risks. 

I'm thinking they'll agree to give his money on the way out the door. SnT. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm thinking they'll agree to give his money on the way out the door. SnT. 

Boston is the only team that can offer him the full 5yr/$290....SnT will be 4yrs no super max.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok Brate, lol.

Why is Bogi holding a trophy he never won?     He'd get his ass thoroughly kicked by his teammates if he was a hockey player and that was the Stanley Cup.

I fully believe in sports Karma and that photo alone is enough to tell me that Bogi will NEVER win an NBA title.  Bookmark this post.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, shakes said:

Why is Bogi holding a trophy he never won?     He'd get his ass thoroughly kicked by his teammates if he was a hockey player and that was the Stanley Cup.

I fully believe in sports Karma and that photo alone is enough to tell me that Bogi will NEVER win an NBA title.  Bookmark this post.

Actually insane lol, who gives a shit about what they do in hockey?

I don't believe in sports karma and that photo alone is enough to tell me Bogi is GUARANTEED to win an NBA title.

Bookmark this post.

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah, leaving that much money on the table isn't gonna happen - supermax to forcing a trade feelsl like the likely outcome.

It's weird though how many Celtics fans think JB is better than Tatum and that they'd rather trade Jayson. Like sure, we will take 1 Jayson Tatum instead of Brown, not a problem.

10 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Remember they would put Ben Simmons on these All NBA teams. Randle is obviously not the guy voters think he is.  

Ben Simmons was actually good asf, judging his whole career based off the last 2-3 years isn't a fair assessment. But now that his value is in the gutter, I'd love if the Hawks swung for Ben and have him come off the bench. Would be interesting to see him and JJ play off of each other. 

4 hours ago, akay said:

Actually insane lol, who gives a shit about what they do in hockey?

I don't believe in sports karma and that photo alone is enough to tell me Bogi is GUARANTEED to win an NBA title.

Bookmark this post.

Yeah, leaving that much money on the table isn't gonna happen - supermax to forcing a trade feelsl like the likely outcome.

It's weird though how many Celtics fans think JB is better than Tatum and that they'd rather trade Jayson. Like sure, we will take 1 Jayson Tatum instead of Brown, not a problem.

Ben Simmons was actually good asf, judging his whole career based off the last 2-3 years isn't a fair assessment. But now that his value is in the gutter, I'd love if the Hawks swung for Ben and have him come off the bench. Would be interesting to see him and JJ play off of each other. 

I am all about buying low on players who have shown something good in the past, but I think Simmons’ contract is a no go no matter how little you have to trade to get him. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I am all about buying low on players who have shown something good in the past, but I think Simmons’ contract is a no go no matter how little you have to trade to get him. 

Yep.  If you had Simmons and his contract, you must answer the question, "Is he worth it?"

With a vet minimum?  Yes.  At his current salary?  Probably not....

:smug:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

not

This. Something happened to that kid after we broke him. This is unreal. How can you go from the up and coming dude to trying to hang on in the league. :sad: Stinks. 

Ps Even when Ben was good, I hate dudes that can’t shoot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Yep.  If you had Simmons and his contract, you must answer the question, "Is he worth it?"

With a vet minimum?  Yes.  At his current salary?  Probably not....

:smug:

I do see potential for Ben Simmons to address some key areas of need, mostly perimeter defense and possibly backup PG, but the lack of shooting makes it really difficult to put him on the roster.  His contract is a problem, but fit is also a problem.  

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I do see potential for Ben Simmons to address some key areas of need, mostly perimeter defense and possibly backup PG, but the lack of shooting makes it really difficult to put him on the roster.  His contract is a problem, but fit is also a problem.  

Fit, health, cap impact, and desire are all huge issues.  Whether his scoring production rebounds is a huge question.  The rest of his numbers are pretty similar if adjusted for minutes:

image.png

The impact of this is dramatic:

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Ahhh, I thought he was closer to finishing it out. ~80ish mil for 2 years is way too much for sure - though if we could get him as an expiring next year and re-sign him for a vet min or 10-12 mil, i'd do it.

• Like 2