• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

32 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Crazy thing is they haven't even played well yet. The high turnovers by Murray today a complete anomoly, Trae's shooting has been awful both games. When they both get in a groove which will happen eventually it could be a historic type of pairing. 

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Surviving Trae shooting slumps is something we have not been able to overcome in years past. We have other players picking up the offense and the entire team defense is so much improved.

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3 players with 20+ points.

our backcourt is SPECIAL!!

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

My thoughts.

This win was satisfying against a scrappy Orlando team.  What I'm most encouraged by is the offense wasn't clicking and the team kept chipping away and playing solid defense.  It's only two games, but the Hawks have played EXTREMELY well in the 4th quarters to put these teams away and that was a staple whenever we went to the ECF.

JC is looking like a top 3 power-forward out there and if this play continues he will be an all-star along with Trae and Murray and hopefully Hunter. 

Hunter - 5/12 shooting, but he rebounded and played tough defense out there. 

Murray - I just like the way this kid plays.  He's such an all around player. He's continued to play like an All start.  He's such a smart player. 

Trae - He did take 24 shots, but what I really liked was that he deferred a lot more than the previous game and got his teammates going.  His defensive effort is much improved. It's still not good by any stretch of the imagination, but all I want from him is effort.  When he got going the team just relaxed and put the Magic away.

Justin Holiday came up big with big threes and good defense. 

All and all excited to be 2-0.  I want to see continued improvement because there is a murders row coming up after these first five games.

Note: Houston is giving Memphis all it can handle tonight.

5 star post right here. Well said lady and gents!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because he's a 3. I've always said that. But he's a 4 for us.

You might be right. 

He is tentative and afraid to assert himself. He needs to man up. He’s with the grown men now.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That reserve is hurt, but he'll be back. We could use another big too or a stretch 4.

Yup would have come in handy tonight with both JJ and Okongwu playing poorly and OO in foul trouble. We have Kaminski, wouldn't hurt to try and see what he can give us in spot minutes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Want to add one thing no one has mentioned (I haven’t seen it anyways)

mcmillian rotations have been good so far and that’s a really big deal and key thing for these wins so far.

It's been a curiously short rotation for this day and age and at this point in the season but I like it. Collins is getting big time minutes and Murray or Trae out there every minute of the game. I think Trae could average 36-38 mins this year and still be a lot fresher than he's been at the end of past seasons. The amount of pressure relief that not just Murray but also Aaron Holiday provide is huge for him and the Hawks. 

• Like 4

People still hanging on to that few months stretch of abnormal hot shooting Bogi had in 2021. Dude is buns, and getting him back ain’t gonna make no huge difference. Streaky shooter with below average shot creation. Poor man’s Kyle Korver with a costume on. I’d rather play AJ

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agreed. His defense isn't the problem anymore either spots. It's his offense. 

I agree offense is the biggest issue but defensively he also needs to improve. I think the defensive stuff will come along though, it's mostly just him being a second late in reacting or identifying things. That should improve with more minutes. 

• Like 3