Official Game Thread: Hawks at Raptors

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is our offense.  Find the mismatch and everyone else ball watch to see what happens.  It's a Nate issue more than a Trae issue.  Trae might want to play offball more or he might not, but the coach has to know how to make it happen and get trae to buy in.  Our personnel are too talented offensively for the product we get on that end.  

Bro, Trae been doing this since Norman North. Ya'll might not like Nate and want him fired but all coaches will butt heads with Trae. His movement off the ball reminds me of Marbury. That's why I used to call him Trae Marbury.  He's a lazy offensive player without the rock but he's magical with it most nights.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This is our offense.  Find the mismatch and everyone else ball watch to see what happens.  It's a Nate issue more than a Trae issue.  Trae might want to play offball more or he might not, but the coach has to know how to make it happen and get trae to buy in.  Our personnel are too talented offensively for the product we get on that end.  

This team can’t go anywhere with Nate in charge. We can point fingers at the players all we want but Nate is a BIG problem for this team. He won’t survive in the long run, but I’m afraid by the time the organization sees it it will be another wasted season or two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, Trae been doing this since Norman North. Ya'll might not like Nate and want him fired but all coaches will butt heads with Trae. His movement off the ball reminds me of Marbury. That's why I used to call him Trae Marbury.  He's a lazy offensive player without the rock but he's magical with it most nights.

They gonna die on this Trae Young hill...lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If we suck, I hope we get Wembanyama 

NBA would never let the Hawks get him though. They hate us and Trae Young..

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Thank you!

This is all of DJ's shot attempts.....NOBODY moves. All ISO.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=FGA&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022200099&PlayerID=1627749&RangeType=0&Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612737&flag=3&sct=plot&section=game

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

This team can’t go anywhere with Nate in charge. We can point fingers at the players all we want but Nate is a BIG problem for this team. He won’t survive in the long run, but I’m afraid by the time the organization sees it it will be another wasted season or two. 

Hell, Im almost ready to tank again and start over anyway.. lol. Hawks roster is so flawed. Schlenk has wasted too much draft capital.. We should be a powerhouse with all of those picks we had... Not to mention overpaying everybody.. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Trae has been doing this since high school, that's more the reason we need a coach who can shift his game... I refuse to believe he is completely uncoachable.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Trae off ball shit isnt gonna work.. This team is gonna live or die with the ball in Trae's hands.. Like it or not...

• Like 2

Just now, JeffS17 said:

If Trae has been doing this since high school, that's more the reason we need a coach who can shift his game... I refuse to believe he is completely uncoachable.

Lmaooo... he got no movement skills. He just don't like moving like that. He wouldn't be the first PG and he won't be the last. A lot of PGs are like this. Trae is frustrating because he's so matter of fact. He doesn't do the little things well. It's frustrating. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae is frustrating because he's so matter of fact. He doesn't do the little things well. It's frustrating.

We agree on that lol... but Trae himself was talking big like he knows how to play off ball in the off season and this is what we're getting.  I'm not trying to change who he is, just hold him accountable to what hes been saying.  That Toronto team has weaknesses but i respect the vision of the FO and the coaching is very good. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, terrell said:

This Trae off ball shit isnt gonna work.. This team is gonna live or die with the ball in Trae's hands.. Like it or not...

Again - he has to move with purpose and intention within a designed offense which we don't have. You want him to move off ball to make use of his CnS opportunities which should be designed as part of the offense - who is getting him the ball?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

We agree on that lol... but Trae himself was talking big like he knows how to play off ball in the off season and this is what we're getting.  I'm not trying to change who he is, just hold him accountable to what hes been saying.  That Toronto team has weaknesses but i respect the vision of the FO and the coaching is very good. 

Nate said he visited him in offseason to work on these offball plays. How many of those plays can you recall seeing for CnS opportunities?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lmaooo... he got no movement skills. He just don't like moving like that. He wouldn't be the first PG and he won't be the last. A lot of PGs are like this. Trae is frustrating because he's so matter of fact. He doesn't do the little things well. It's frustrating. 

Or the stamina imo..

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I don't know why it's so hard to accept. As long as we got Trae, we gonna live or die by our bigs. 

Okongwu is fine. He's just a role playing big who has movement skills. Nothing special but useful and impactful. 

Capela and JC are technically fine too. But if we want to be contenders. We gotta upgrade those spots. JC can be replaced by Okongwu. Capela can't be replaced by Okongwu as he's too small. We need a big center who has movement skills and more of a threat offensively. The ideal big is KAT but no way Minnesota is trading him. Same for Embiid and Jokic. Sabonis cost Sac too much and he's too valuable. I just feel like we got no options. Because to play with Trae, you gotta also be good at the PnR and all big movements. That removes the guys like Myles Turner. 

It's tough, Ayton is likely our only option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again - he has to move with purpose and intention within a designed offense which we don't have. You want him to move off ball to make use of his CnS opportunities which should be designed as part of the offense - who is getting him the ball?

You don't need a designed offense to move. We barely ran plays under Bud and we ran and executed perfectly with Kyle and em.

Trae plays Harden ball. Three forms of Harden.

Lil Harden - Trae

Regular Harden- Harden

Big Harden - Luka

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know why it's so hard to accept. As long as we got Trae, we gonna live or die by our bigs. 

Okongwu is fine. He's just a role playing big who has movement skills. Nothing special but useful and impactful. 

Capela and JC are technically fine too. But if we want to be contenders. We gotta upgrade those spots. JC can be replaced by Okongwu. Capela can't be replaced by Okongwu as he's too small. We need a big center who has movement skills and more of a threat offensively. The ideal big is KAT but no way Minnesota is trading him. Same for Embiid and Jokic. Sabonis cost Sac too much and he's too valuable. I just feel like we got no options. Because to play with Trae, you gotta also be good at the PnR and all big movements. That removes the guys like Myles Turner. 

It's tough, Ayton is likely our only option.

Trae so hard to build around on both ends.. Said it back in 18'.......

• Like 1