• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk headed to an Advisory Role

Jody23

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

you should double down with a 160 game pledge.

Don't know what that means, but I'm damn sure it's funny.

(No slight to you, btw, in relaying the rumor, truly, but definitely not real big on swallowing anything radio talkers put out there on their own.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's some kind of health issue with Travis or a family member of Travis that is also behind this but that's all I could get about that.

Was really hoping not to read something like this.

*heavy sigh*

*another heavy sigh*

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Source would not call this directly a demotion but source said everyone in the building is reading it that way.

The reporters are clearly asking questions like it's a demotion and the players are responding to it like he's out the door.  

Tony seems really active.  Like he's got a bit of Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones.  I don't mind if he wants to wait to pay luxury.  Going into repeater tax to keep Huerter along with DJM, Bogi, Hunter, and AJ makes sense?  I think a bigger move would merit deciding to be a spender at that level.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Yeah, I don't get how those two ideas co-exist... if someone's dealing with a family health issue (God I pray it's not something going on with one of his kids, and I know I'm not alone)... and if previous to any of this, Ressler and Schlenk had been considered to be tight, per Soth's earlier post(s)... why would anyone jump the track over to the idea of it being some demotion?

Something missing in those perspectives. Maybe it's just that there are two camps--those who are aware of the health situation, and those who aren't.... and among those who aren't, they've defaulted to "it must be that Ressler decided on demotion" and perhaps partially because they are predisposed to fan the flames of controversy wherever/whenever possible... not that there are any Atlanta media who would be like that, of course.

(Did I get the color right?)

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is he though? I still think Travis had a lot fo do with both.

I do think Schlenk had a lot to do with those transactions but Fields was the spokes person for those moves and he was elevated around that time so I believe his involvement was crucial to making those two things happen. Also, those moves felt different than the things Schlenk has done in the past. If I recall correctly, we never worked out AJ but selected him anyway. Schlenk has never done that. As an advanced scout, Fields probably had the most insight on AJ. Also, the Murray trade hedged our future a little bit and Schlenk never does that. That’s why I believe Schlenk pushed for the Huerter move to balance out our future budget sheets.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Ressler's son is now the President of Basketball operations. Nepotism is running wild in this organization. 

https://twitter.com/femaleatlhawk/status/1605607153254817799?t=PWKACQxxcQ2I2J2fq7jp_w&s=19

He's had that position for over two years already.  I don't think it's a new job since the Schlenk announcement.  
And, rich owners always seem to involve their kids.  I don't see that as a huge red flag, as it seems to be the norm.  Since we've pretty much never heard a word about Nick Ressler the last two years, I doubt he does much other than "learn on the job" anyway.

1 hour ago, warcore said:

No offense I'm not wasting my time, Doctor Agenda. I've seen too many people try to get though, but I got ish to do. 

Plus you answered your own question and made something up about LF picking AJ. 

I didnt make anything up  .lol. Aside from Trae, his lotto picks have looked less reliable than his later first rounders.

When was the last time Schlenk drafted a player that didnt even work out for us(AJ)?

And his coaching hires haven’t inspired confidence either imo.....  

Edited by terrell

5 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Landry Fields is the man now. I fully support him as he tries to do what no other Hawk GM has been able to ever. That is win it all of course. 
let’s go!

I hope that Fields believes in optimizing size and skill at each position. The Hawks are woefully small. I’m not advocating for a bunch of 7-footers that don’t have any basketball skills, but we also don’t need to be smaller than most other teams at damn near every position. Some size and athleticism would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I do think Schlenk had a lot to do with those transactions but Fields was the spokes person for those moves and he was elevated around that time so I believe his involvement was crucial to making those two things happen. Also, those moves felt different than the things Schlenk has done in the past. If I recall correctly, we never worked out AJ but selected him anyway. Schlenk has never done that. As an advanced scout, Fields probably had the most insight on AJ. Also, the Murray trade hedged our future a little bit and Schlenk never does that. That’s why I believe Schlenk pushed for the Huerter move to balance out our future budget sheets.  

We never worked out JJ and selected him.  Maybe John too, if my memory serves me correcrly.

Schlenk didn't push for the Huerter deal, Ressler said get under the Luxury tax and Huerter was the best option to get a 1st round pick.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Directly asked and answered: Ressler will not pay the LT this season and is almost 100% against paying it next season. If Ressler changes his mind it will be 100% Fields convincing him to change his mind on it. Fields was against trading Kevin for basically nothing but had no choice. 

Next season is concerning. I'm okay with avoiding this season, but next season means one of Bogi, John, Clint, or Hunter is gone.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

John said Laundry and him have a good relationship too. Trae also was surprised.

John was speaking in platitudes and said Landry will be around more now and he'll have to develop a relationship with him.