• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haynes: Rival executives are of belief Hawks guard Trae Young could be next star player to request trade if team doesn’t make inroads come playoff time.

GameTime

My question would be ... force a trade where?  Because he isn't going to request a trade to just get out of ATL. The franchise will shake it all the way up before giving into a Trae trade request.

The media seems to always want to start rumors about the Hawks, specially when we have an influx of young talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope Trae realizes, Few other teams will give him the free rein he has with the Hawks.

But I would not be a bit surprised at all if he asked  to be traded eventually..

And now that Sclenck is no longer around, (let's be honest he was essentially fired), Trae may not have many allies in the building.....

Those Murray/AJ lineups have been looking prety good at least.. lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I hope Trae realizes, Few other teams will give him the free rein he has with the Hawks.

But I would not be a bit surprised at all if he asked  to be traded eventually..

And now that Sclenck is no longer around, (let's be honest he was essentially fired), Trae may not have many allies in the building.....

Those Murray/AJ lineups have been looking prety good at least.. lol 

Im fine either way really - my issue is Ive had to stop watching certain teams before because ownership just has a limit to what they will do, if thats the case then ill spend time elsewhere but I dont care if its with Trae or not, as long as the owner is acting in good faith to build towards a chip.  

• Like 1

When there is smoke there is usually fire.  And there is a LOT of smoke.  

Trae is like my favorite player ever and I want to win with him more than anything, but he is hard to build around.  Murray isn't close to the scorer/passer or offensive player in general but he is easier to build around.  We would need another offensive star if we traded Trae.  No way we are getting Mitchell now but he would fit perfect beside DJM.  

Regardless, we have him under contract for 5 years, we have all the leverage and I don't think we would trade him, but if we did it would be for a monster return.  

Really hope it doesn't come to this.  Would rather try a coaching change first and we can always look to make moves in the offseason or next year.  It takes time for teams to gel.  We've really just lost a lot of close games that we have blown leads, we could easily be top 3 in the East IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

When there is smoke there is usually fire.  And there is a LOT of smoke.  

Trae is like my favorite player ever and I want to win with him more than anything, but he is hard to build around.  Murray isn't close to the scorer/passer or offensive player in general but he is easier to build around.  We would need another offensive star if we traded Trae.  No way we are getting Mitchell now but he would fit perfect beside DJM.  

Regardless, we have him under contract for 5 years, we have all the leverage and I don't think we would trade him, but if we did it would be for a monster return.  

Really hope it doesn't come to this.  Would rather try a coaching change first and we can always look to make moves in the offseason or next year.  It takes time for teams to gel.  We've really just lost a lot of close games that we have blown leads, we could easily be top 3 in the East IMO.

What would Trae’s trade value be based on his results this year and last year playoffs? Who are the team’s that would severely overpay for him?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I don't put a ton of stock into reports like these, but I would also not be surprised if Trae asks for a trade at some point in his Hawks tenure.  He is a diva through and through and just because he's out diva doesn't mean he's exempt from that type of behavior.  He's also a Klutch client and has a penchant for bright lights so if he thinks he can get himself to LA or NY I would not be surprised to see him try.

All that said, he seems to have ownership in his pocket.  Other than just failing to construct good rosters, I think the most likely reason he would demand a trade is Ressler's refusal to go into the tax next year -- which will hamstring us from competing given Hunters extension kicks in.  So if we shed JCs salary for expirings to dodge the tax again, I fully expect Trae to demand a trade.  And this might be what rival execs are anticipating -- Ressler not wanting to go into the tax and the roster continuing to suffer.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

What would Trae’s trade value be based on his results this year and last year playoffs? Who are the team’s that would severely overpay for him?

Raptors, Clippers, Heat, Knicks, Pels would all be great fits for Trae, but it's tough to imagine would they would need to give up to get him.  There are probably a lot of great coaches that would be salivating thinking about the offensive potential he would add.  As great as he's been for us, he's not the ceiling raiser for this team he should be.  There are teams that could hide him better on defense too like the Raptors or Heat.

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

You can look at the 5 games series against Miami, or you can look at the 3 series in 2021 and ECF appearance that we had no business making.  He has performed well in the playoffs and been clutch.  Last year was bad, but he had no Capela or Collins (Collins couldn't even dunk in that series, kudos for him gutting it out but he was awful) so no lob threats and Miami double/tripled/trapped and switched everything against him.  No other ballhandlers on the team could make plays.  Trae absolutely could have played better but it's literally 5 games.

This season he's not playing bad, its just that his shot isn't falling.  We have 3+ seasons of data that says he will get back to those averages.  

There would definitely be teams willing to trade big for him.  If there aren't we wouldn't trade him.  We have all the leverage.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

sorry but I still find it interesting that this is the tweet Ray now decides to respond too- the one mentioning how many teams really want trae. 

It is interesting.  I've been following him from the beginning.  He's not a social media noob.  He and Trae both are stupidly careful about what they say and what they like on.  I'm not worried about Trae right now.  My best guess is that some of this smoke is coming from Trae's camp trying to light a fire under a coaching change.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't put a ton of stock into reports like these, but I would also not be surprised if Trae asks for a trade at some point in his Hawks tenure.  He is a diva through and through and just because he's out diva doesn't mean he's exempt from that type of behavior.  He's also a Klutch client and has a penchant for bright lights so if he thinks he can get himself to LA or NY I would not be surprised to see him try.

All that said, he seems to have ownership in his pocket.  Other than just failing to construct good rosters, I think the most likely reason he would demand a trade is Ressler's refusal to go into the tax next year -- which will hamstring us from competing given Hunters extension kicks in.  So if we shed JCs salary for expirings to dodge the tax again, I fully expect Trae to demand a trade.  And this might be what rival execs are anticipating -- Ressler not wanting to go into the tax and the roster continuing to suffer.

This team isnt a championship contender even if we kept Huerter and paid the tax imo..

The parts dont fit..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

sorry but I still find it interesting that this is the tweet Ray now decides to respond too- the one mentioning how many teams really want trae. 

It's amazing that was your take away from the tweet. 

Ray has been consistent in being his son's mouthpiece.   He's always said Trae wants to win in Atlanta and he's been loyal to Atlanta because they took a chance on him when others did not.  Now, with Travis gone, that loyalty could wain. 

The Hawks just need to start winning and the it'll stop all these articles.   It's the price you pay when you have a superstar.  More negative media attention gets them clicks.  They aren't writing stories about  TLC because no one cares what he says or does.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, terrell said:

You would think that the Donovan Mitcell trade would set the market for a Trae trade or thereabouts. Of course leverage and timing is also a big part of trade negotiations.

• Like 1