• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haynes: Rival executives are of belief Hawks guard Trae Young could be next star player to request trade if team doesn’t make inroads come playoff time.

GameTime

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, terrell said:

This team isnt a championship contender even if we kept Huerter and paid the tax imo..

The parts dont fit..

If we go into the tax, it won't be by a few million -- that doesn't make sense to do, I agree.  But you can pay guys and then consolidate pieces to go into the tax.  Or however else you want to add another $30M+ guy.  Agree we have roster construction issues and Heurter wouldn't have put us in the top 4 this year... but how we handle JC will determine how serious we are about contending in future years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If we go into the tax, it won't be by a few million -- that doesn't make sense to do, I agree.  But you can pay guys and then consolidate pieces to go into the tax.  Or however else you want to add another $30M+ guy.  Agree we have roster construction issues and Heurter wouldn't have put us in the top 4 this year... but how we handle JC will determine how serious we are about contending in future years.

I think with Bogi and AJ our pieces fit just fine.  

The real problem is we've been injured lately.  We really need Clint out there to help us.  With OO's improved play lately, we'll have a really good run soon. 

We are .500 and a notoriously slow starting team.  We just don't play well when our main guys are out, because we don't really have a defensive system when Clint is out and our offensive system isn't very good.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The real problem is we've been injured lately.  We really need Clint out there to help us.  With OO's improved play lately, we'll have a really good run soon. 

We are .500 and a notoriously slow starting team.  We just don't play well when our main guys are out, because we don't really have a defensive system when Clint is out and our offensive system isn't very good.  

I think if Trae and JC were shooting at their average percentages to begin the season and Bogi was not out - we would not be having this much of a conversation. 

There would still be stuff to work on, like the bench rotation but this was the biggest issue to start the season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Fair -- a lot of that falls on coaching.  Nate just relies on guys to figure it out on their own and find chemistry with one another, but that doesn't work if you have guys coming in and out constantly.  Last nights loss hurts pretty bad, but I hope we can go streaking when CC gets back.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Fair -- a lot of that falls on coaching.  Nate just relies on guys to figure it out on their own and find chemistry with one another, but that doesn't work if you have guys coming in and out constantly.  Last nights loss hurts pretty bad, but I hope we can go streaking when CC gets back.

I think we've played a lot better this year to start the season than the previous 2 years.  We have only been blown out a couple times.  Many of the games we lose involve us giving up a lead.  I'm not predicting a winning surge, though.  If there is uncertainty with the coach/players, the energy and drive to win might not happen like it has in years past.    

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trae does not want to go anywhere else. He wants to win a ring in Atlanta. This is his franchise and he knows it for all the good and bad that entails with modern superstar attitudes. If anything pushed Trae to ask for a trade it would be Ressler refusing to go into the LT to make this team truly a contender.

Which Ressler made it known he won't do, right?

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

Which Ressler made it known he won't do, right?

To the public Ressler has always said he would pay the LT. Every time when asked. But he won't pay it at least not this season and probably not next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To the public Ressler has always said he would pay the LT. Every time when asked. But he won't pay it at least not this season and probably not next season. 

So Trae has to wait two years until Ressler thinks about it? Yeah he might be gone.... Unless Fields can pull a rabbit out the hat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

How do you read that Haynes quote without seeing that rival execs want him?  Why else would "rival execs" plant rumors that he may be leaving?  (They are cited as the source and the support for it is their "belief.")  

What do you think they are using the press for there other than to try to get a shot at him themselves.  This is how the media is used by teams when there is friction.  You throw out some rumors to try to speak it into existence.

Fax.

I'll repeat my comment about some folks not being cognizant about how the NBA works.

These reports don't come out due to superior journalistic "work".  They're planted for very specific reasons.

• Like 2