• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haynes: Rival executives are of belief Hawks guard Trae Young could be next star player to request trade if team doesn’t make inroads come playoff time.

GameTime

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

How do you read that Haynes quote without seeing that rival execs want him?  Why else would "rival execs" plant rumors that he may be leaving?  (They are cited as the source and the support for it is their "belief.")  

What do you think they are using the press for there other than to try to get a shot at him themselves.  This is how the media is used by teams when there is friction.  You throw out some rumors to try to speak it into existence.

The Hawks arent trading Trae.. lol.. Im just showing him a different opinion on him.. Im sure some coaches like him , and I'm sure some dont..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I think with Bogi and AJ our pieces fit just fine.  

The real problem is we've been injured lately.  We really need Clint out there to help us.  With OO's improved play lately, we'll have a really good run soon. 

We are .500 and a notoriously slow starting team.  We just don't play well when our main guys are out, because we don't really have a defensive system when Clint is out and our offensive system isn't very good.  

Still need a bigger center

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

to watch Nate pull strategic moves like putting Bogi in for key defensive possessions, focusing on mid-range shots over 3's, and pulling guys whenever they get hot because it is "mistake o'clock" and time for a substitution,

Exactly.  How do you make this kind of idiocy make sense.  Yes he needs a breather, but why not get him back in. after a minute or so.

He took him out at 5:44 with the Hawks up 6. At 2:31 Bulls got within 2 points.  Hawks scored 2 points over that stretch.

image.png

image.png

• Confused 1

Trae is a Hawk for life. ❤️ 

This week, Atlanta ownership reassigned president Travis Schlenk—who drafted Young—to an adviser role. How the Hawks shape the roster around Young under general manager Landry Fields, the newly appointed front-office chief, will be monitored closely. A source told B/R that Young and Fields meet routinely and have a great relationship.

A GREAT FCKING RELATIONSHIP OK??? :angry2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Kenny Atkinson sounds like a better hire imo. Especially since he's been with GSW the last 2 seasons.

Nah, remember he got ran off by KD who was a mentor to Trae at one point.  Likely another bad personality fit.

Not to mention imho he's overrated.  I know I'm on a bit of an island with that opinion around these parts. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, remember he got ran off by KD who was a mentor to Trae at one point.  Likely another bad personality fit.

Not to mention imho he's overrated.  I know I'm on a bit of an island with that opinion around these parts. 

Who is your preference?

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Undecided but I'm thinking outside the box.  If we can confirm the guys not an ax murderer, Udoka really impressed in his short stint.

I'm of the mind that Nash never had a chance in BKN.  Could an actual, fresh start with a player open to guidance be just what the doctor ordered?  Pretty sure @Spud2nique was on that Nash idea first.  He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

I’m not sure I could do the Nash thing but if Trae has a say so Nash could definitely be our next head coach. 
I wouldn’t put anything pass that since Trae has power and has publicly stated Nash is his all time favorite player other than iverson and speedy claxton.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Undecided but I'm thinking outside the box.  If we can confirm the guys not an ax murderer, Udoka really impressed in his short stint.

I'm of the mind that Nash never had a chance in BKN.  Could an actual, fresh start with a player open to guidance be just what the doctor ordered?  Pretty sure @Spud2nique was on that Nash idea first.  He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

No you were! I liked it a lot. Also think he didn’t get a fair shot. Nobody gets a fair shots with Kyme, much less Kyme, KD, Ben.. etc. I’m down with..

Nash

Cassell

Mark Jackson

and prolly some others. 

• Like 2