• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And Here We Go (Coach McMillan)

Jody23

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why do the Hawks want to keep him to finish the rest of the season? That's fool hardy.

This is just going to breed more toxicity. Players know he doesn't want to be here now and won't be back next season.

Just rip off the band aid and install the interim (whoever that is) and let the chips fall where they will for the rest of the season. No need to soft roll this.

Team doesn't look happy playing, fans aren't happy watching.

Let's get it over and done with and let 2023 be whatever it will be without Nate.

Cheap, cheap.  Bird owneritis.  Cheap, cheap.  If they fire him, they gotta pay him.  If he resigns, not so much.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

I found this to be.... Interesting...

How yall left Steve out there like this...

The inmates really are running the asylum.   Young and the owner's kid teamed up with the heavy GM to give away a boatload of draft picks for Younger passing whim.  Now that he's here, Trae doesn't want to share control of the ball.  Great. Another meddling ownership group letting one player make key franchise decisions.  Get your roller coaster tickets right here folks!

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I cannot believe Nick Ressler is really running this team.  How did we crumble so fast?  We were honestly in such great shape even after the Miami series… now we have bad on court fit, fewer picks, and an owners son and his cronies running the team..

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

I think I reported the three front office people that were let go already? 

This is Fields and Ressler's kid flexing their new power. Trae Young is basically Lebron in Atlanta as a phantom GM. There's no move that will be made that doesn't have Trae's stamp of approval on it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

The inmates really are running the asylum.   Young and the owner's kid teamed up with the heavy GM to give away a boatload of draft picks for Younger passing whim.  Now that he's here, Trae doesn't want to share control of the ball.  Great. Another meddling ownership group letting one player make key franchise decisions.  Get your roller coaster tickets right here folks!

Newby GM not heavy GM.  Also, I've never seen Nick and never heard of him prior to this article.  I hate auto correct.

Edited by Watchman

• Premium Member

Antony Ressler talks to Travis Schlenk and Landry Fields.

Just notice the position that Travis is in in this picture.   Looks like he's being yelled at by the boss and the other two are just giving him the what for also. 

About Liffmann, this guy is a Film studies guy turned beat reporter for the Warriors.  Now, he's our director of scouting!  I guess it's not what you know, but it is who you know. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Antony Ressler talks to Travis Schlenk and Landry Fields.

Just notice the position that Travis is in in this picture.   Looks like he's being yelled at by the boss and the other two are just giving him the what for also. 

About Liffmann, this guy is a Film studies guy turned beat reporter for the Warriors.  Now, he's our director of scouting!  I guess it's not what you know, but it is who you know. 

Brother you're reaching lol. I think the terrible, clueless owner is mature enough to respect another grown man with other men around to not yell at him. A gentleman settles his quarrels in private. 

6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I cannot believe Nick Ressler is really running this team.  How did we crumble so fast?  We were honestly in such great shape even after the Miami series… now we have bad on court fit, fewer picks, and an owners son and his cronies running the team..

Feels like a page has been turned, honestly, and not in a good way.

Starting to think Schlenk and even Nate, the only people with actual basketball pedigree in their position, basically quitting is a terrible sign for our leadership going forward.

Think about it, if you're Schlenk and you built this thang up from the studs, had it in pretty good position, then Ressler's kid comes in and they're giving him a 'voice' he hasn't earned.  And you see them moving kinda shady.  Dafuq?

Sadly, considering McMillan had to be convinced to even take the job and now seems resigned to resign .... maybe the problem ain't him quitting but him seeing dysfunction in our midst.

Smh, as graym said, what a funky way to start the Jordan year.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

So why was the GM souring on the guy he traded Luka Doncic for?  Did he really want Trae over Doncic? Or was that all Ressler? And how did they orchestrate the Murray deal without Schlenk being involved? Wtf is going on?

This is bad... LF might just be a yes man.... smh

Edited by terrell

17 hours ago, Sothron said:

This is Fields and Ressler's kid flexing their new power. Trae Young is basically Lebron in Atlanta as a phantom GM. There's no move that will be made that doesn't have Trae's stamp of approval on it.

Has Trae won Championships Im not aware of? If anything he's regressed this season.. And he's the GM now? Good grief...What a joke.......

Edited by terrell

18 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

18 hours ago, Sothron said:

Nothing shocking here. We all knew trae had a strong voice on everything that happens. I’m waiting for the Steve Nash hiring …which will be another moved pushed by trae young 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

I haven't been around much because the play on the court has been hard to watch for the most part.

But this stuff? This 💩 is 🐂💩.

And i dont like this💩

Same but look at the posters that emerge in out absence.  Yeesh.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

However, the cracks began to show in July when sources say Hawks governor Tony Ressler pushed the front office to go on a cost-cutting spree, which resulted in a top-heavy and structurally deficient roster. The moves came months after Ressler told the media he wasn't scared of the luxury tax and made private assurances to players that he planned to spend what was necessary to build a contending team.

The short-sighted plan chased off the architect of the team's rebuild, gutted the roster, and left gaping holes in the front office. As a result, 2023 presents the most perilous era in Atlanta in many years.

• Sad 3