• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nick Ressler is likely to ruin the Hawks

NBASupes

It’s a long shot, but Wemby would solve so much for this franchise. Both on the court and off. He’s really the only hope I have at this point in righting the ship quickly.

Outside of that, I agree, future is bleak without Travis. Going from Travis to a 27 year old NBA 2K GM might be the biggest downgrade in history. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

It’s a long shot, but Wemby would solve so much for this franchise. Both on the court and off. He’s really the only hope I have at this point in righting the ship quickly.

Outside of that, I agree, future is bleak without Travis. Going from Travis to a 27 year old NBA 2K GM might be the biggest downgrade in history. 

And that's just a long shot. With our rookie contracts outside of AJ coming to an end soon, we are financially limited as well. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Come on Shooter. 

Silver is not going to let us have Wemby.   He knows that Wemby + Trae + Dejounte = Chip.   He doesn't want to reward the choas of our Front office with a CHIP. 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How often do corporate executives respond to a damning hit piece and say "I think the article is fair." Just about never. Koonin knows a midseason mass exodus of all basketball management (GM, scouts, etc. ) is nuts. 

This is indeed eyebrow raising.   Koonin must know that the writing is on the wall. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

A 6ft social media PG, a completely clueless and cheap owner, and his son runs a professional basketball team. What could possibly go wrong? Where are the titles coming from? 

Your #1 is in this years draft but how do we get to him? 

Luck

• Premium Member

Every new piece of media around this team reinforces my thought that Ressler is trying to position to sell.  Making the playoffs is critically important from a business perspective because you are able to bring in more revenue and show higher margins on operations.  And I'm sure teams pick up on this, so it's going to be very sad when this family mortgages the future of our team to cash out.

• Like 3

I agree 100% @NBASupes…I said this a few weeks ago. The Resslers may not be ASG but they are turning out to be be just as bad purely from a basketball perspective. 

I also hate to sour more on all of this but I can’t see us a getting a top 5 pick. We’d need to tank in order for that to happen and Nick wants us to make the playoffs…seems like he’s willing to do whatever it takes for us to be a play in team! 

You’re right the future is extremely uncertain. Hell wouldn’t surprise me if the dude traded more of our picks !….damn crazy that this could actually get worse .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Nick would trade Wemby and 2 first round picks for Gobert.