Nick Ressler is likely to ruin the Hawks

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's Ric Bucher:

He said JC and Bogi are jealous because they think they're as good as Trae lol

......that line alone 😆🤣😂 

I saw something interesting in the last game. Though it was a win there were 2 possessions that Collins had a high post and was calling for the ball and Murray ignored him.

I then saw plays were Collins was constantly slipping screens looking for the ball. Mind you that game vs the raptors Trae nor Murray was really chunking shots.

I think JC is slowly getting extremely fed up. I believe he hates his role on this team to the max. I wouldn’t be shocked if Collins was truly told to go look for a trade partner.

5 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Interesting audio from Ric Bucher on Travis / Trae -

Schlenk, I take back every negative thing I ever said or thought about you.  You had figured out the real problem and knew what needed to be done.  Howevrer, basketball logic was overruled by gate receipts, even though that product will never win it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Travis did not say "we need to move on from Trae Young" he simply posited the idea that the haul we could get from Trae would set us up for years and also help the defense be more consistent with Trae gone. He never said we need to move him or we're better off without him. Sadly for Travis all that Trae heard was "what if we traded Ice Trae?" and as I said before Trae Young has literally no forgiveness in his body. He is just like Jordan in that mentality. If he thinks you did him wrong even if you did not then are you basically dead to him from that point forward.

What about the part on bogi and JC are jealous because believe they are as good as Trae ?….lol

Are both now possible to be traded and what’s the chances of capela being traded?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Looks like they floated something to Bucher.. but I'm not buying.  Schlenk is not that dumb. 

I agree with you.   I like Travis and the job he did but the one thing i feel like he wasn't great at is making the players feel wanted and comfortable.   There was too much "well we'll listen to offers for anybody" for my liking.   Even if that's true just lie.   

Bucher is proven wrong time and time again but he still has a platform.

I don’t think Nick will bury the Hawks. Y’all are overreacting like crazy.

JC has been needing to go and this team needs changes to succeed. Waiting it out isn’t a plan and we’ve had plenty of GMs that f’d up but y’all gave them credit.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

JC has been needing to go and this team needs changes to succeed. Waiting it out isn’t a plan and we’ve had plenty of GMs that f’d up but y’all gave them credit.

Why?

Why has JC been "needing to go"?

• Premium Member

f6tbp9yybfca1.png?width=537&format=png&a

Trae is a bonafide diva and unless he changes, it's going to be hard for this team to build chemistry.  Taking a charter plane home from the 2nd game of the playoffs -- rather than taking the team plane home -- is completely wild to me.  It's crazy to me that this was the beginning of the end for Schlenk and Trae's relationship.  It looks like Schlenk was trying to build a good roster around Trae, and Trae wants his friends here.  Now we're hunting for Ben Simmons again.  I hope this FO surprises me, but my expectations are pretty low with every new piece of news that comes out.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I agree with you.   I like Travis and the job he did but the one thing i feel like he wasn't great at is making the players feel wanted and comfortable.   There was too much "well we'll listen to offers for anybody" for my liking.   Even if that's true just lie.   

Schlenk was extremely transparent -- what more could you want from a GM?  I would not blame him for players lacking maturity.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I have surmised that with the Nate/Trae cufferfle that TS/Nate wanted to fine Trae for not showing up while Nick/Landry was opposed.

It's going to be an interesting trade deadline and offseason.

I'm gonna sit back and watch closely.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I have surmised that with the Nate/Trae cufferfle that TS/Nate wanted to fine Trae for not showing up while Nick/Landry was opposed.

It's going to be a terrible thing when we're streaking at the deadline!

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Schlenk was extremely transparent -- what more could you want from a GM?  I would not blame him for players lacking maturity.  

It's not really his job to be publicly transparent.   That's just something 'we' like but if it causes discord within the team then that's not good.  Is JC immature?  Because we've seen what this transparency has done to his desire to be a Hawk. 

• Moderators

I wanted Trae here but it's becoming increasingly difficult to be a hardcore Trae fan with some of the stories that are coming out about his behavior.  His star power isn't close to big enough to overlook this crap.    Just do the right thing and be good person.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I may be getting over this team.  Number one.  It's obvious there are tons of people not happy in the front office and that's why there are so many media leaks.   Number two, I'm starting to not think Nate is as big of a problem as I once did.  Yeah, Nate needs to go, but would you put your best foot forward when you see the shitshow going on around this organization?  How do they expect to bring in a quality coach with all this chaos? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Enabling Traes diva behavior is going to be very bad for this team long term.  I find him harder and harder to root for despite his immense offensive talent.  The last couple jerseys Ive bought were OO and JJ.  Enjoy pulling for guys who are appreciative of the opportunity and putting their best effort in all night.  These Trae stories are really putting a bad taste in my mouth and the organization is bending to his every want.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Enabling Traes diva behavior is going to be very bad for this team long term.  I find him harder and harder to root for despite his immense offensive talent.  The last couple jerseys Ive bought were OO and JJ.  Enjoy pulling for guys who are appreciative of the opportunity and putting their best effort in all night.  These Trae stories are really putting a bad taste in my mouth and the organization is bending to his every want.

It's becoming clearer we have to have a coach that Trae respects but also will call him out publicly.  It might be ugly at first but it'll pay off.  I'm now thinking Sam Cassell is that guy.