• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

All 3 can be true..... Just sayin...

Right. Of course. Can be.

Just never seem to read that being the complaint... normally about one of the other two.

But maybe I need to read more than I do.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wasn't this LPs strategy?

To be fair, LP seemed to me to try really really hard to be a combination of warm fuzzy brother and cold hard drill sergeant, depending on the rest of the ecology of the moment.

Honestly, I can imagine LP being a pretty successful coach in his next gig, if he gets one. I think he just needed a ride with training wheels to learn better how to balance things. He's not a dumb guy in the least. Very intelligent. And I don't think Pop and others who rose to his defense when he was fired do that for every other coach who gets let go... I think they saw the same thing in him. He just needed some time to age and mature, and possibly still does. But his day's coming, I believe.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, in your opinion, it's not lack of talent, it's not lack of Xs and Os.... we just have too many lazy ass prima donnas.

Hmm.

That's a lot different than what I usually read here.

D.  All of the above.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

I wouldn't touch Jackson with ten foot strand of rosary beads.

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying (in reference to your comment)  Was he the guy who came in and created discipline and allowed Kerr to walk into a championship team?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

That's not what I'm saying.  I'm saying (in reference to your comment)  Was he the guy who came in and created discipline and allowed Kerr to walk into a championship team?

ahh I gotcha.    Good question.    If the answer is yes it makes a good case for bringing in a disciplinarian.    

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Stu and Shakes in one gif!
Stuu Shake GIF - Stuu Shake Handsome GIFs

Over my head. But that's fine.

None of this is personal. Battle (per kg)? There's no battle.

He (shakes) and every other poster is welcome to their right to an opinion. He and every other person is welcome to point out and make the case for discrepancies, overstatements and understatements they see that, as they choose. As am I. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile.....

Teams interested in Bogdan Bogdanovic

i_7e_47_f6_bogdan-bogdanovic.png?w=190
But league sources say the Hawks have no shortage of trade interest in Bogdan Bogdanović as well — as in “half the league is calling” type stuff. The 30-year-old guard has a player option for $18 million next season, so most teams would understandably view him as a short-term rental (with the hopes of re-signing him if he opts out). To this point, the Hawks haven’t shown much interest in moving him. Capela could certainly help most teams and would yield a good return, but he continues to have the kind of chemistry with Young that likely means he’s going nowhere. If you somehow haven’t noticed, it’s quite important for this iteration of the Hawks to maximize Young’s powers.

i_3a_ad_c9_john-collins.png?w=190
Young isn’t going anywhere. The same goes for Murray. Collins is the most likely one on the way out, of course, and it’s worth repeating that the asking price is known to have decreased significantly from recent years (per league sources, there is a focus on landing a quality player, or players, in return but no mandate for a first-round pick). That development is clearly a reflection of the focus on salvaging this season, as opposed to recouping the vast assets lost in the Murray trade with San Antonio in the summer. As we’ve reported recently, the Jazz and Rockets are known to be among the teams in pursuit.

(Perhaps we can do away, then, with the "Trade Deadline" thread?)

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Over my head. But that's fine.

It's not over your head if you simply view it for what it is - a picture of someone named Stu shaking.  Stu vs Shakes.  Just a gif that I found to be funny.
No harm intended.  

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

So about all this...

Salvaging the season and making a push.
Absolutely not if it means mortgaging assets.  This is at the top of my NBA pet peeves 1) refusing to rebuild 2) meddling 3) mortgaging assets to make a "push."  Trades are fine, but there needs to be a plan for the returning assets beyond the season and under no circumstances should we be trading anything with long term value/potential with the prime goal of just making the playoffs and getting slapped around in the 2nd round.

Like...I'm not trading Joe Johnson for Tony Delk and Rodney Rogers.

Sound familiar?

JC/OO/Cap
If OO is our center, his shot and post up game need to be solidified.  He doesn't have to be Embiid, but he can't be here and duplicate the issue we have with Cap in that we turn JC into a spot up shooter.  They need to be consistent inside and out and we need a good scheme to make it work.  We'd still be a little undersized, but all that matters is W's.

I don't want to trade Cap, JC, or OO...but something has to give with 3 starter quality guys and probably a less than ideal fit between any two of them.

Nate
Nate is a good coach in the wrong situation.  He's also stubborn.  I'll stop short of critiquing his knowledge/X's and O's, because this is a former NBA player (point guard at that) who has coached at this high level for a long time.  I'd just be speaking out of turn.  There is a disconnect though between his play calling, his rotations, our record, our up and down patterns, and with the players.  I think he'd be served well with different assistants or maybe trusting the ones he has if that's the issue. *shrug*

New Coach
We don't need discipline or a "no nonsense" type guy.  We simply need a guy with better situational awareness and better X's/O's...and not just better actually.  We need whatever the coaching equivalent is to Trae Young or DJM.  We need an "all star" quality coach that fits.

Trading Trae

Hide contents

Cary Grant GIFs | Tenor

Trading for a 3rd star
Cool.  Do not include AJ.

Murray is the one most likely to be moved for a 2nd star. The Hawks can't afford a 3rd star asset wise. 

I agree, trading AJ would be a massive mistake 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is the one most likely to be moved for a 2nd star. The Hawks can't afford a 3rd star asset wise. 

I agree that we can't afford to add another star.

When discussing potential trades, I think Hawks fans need to realize that the landscape of the trade market is completely lopsided to the sellers. The nba is as balanced as I have ever seen in the past couple of decades. Just 4 years ago, the KD warriors were destroying the nba and there were only 3-4 teams that were legit contenders.

Now, there are at least 10 teams that are gunning to be contenders so the asking price for talent is SUPER inflated right now. This is why I believe trading away Huerter for short term savings is going to hurt this team more in the long term than most people realize. Just imagine what the market value for Huerter is now.

With our lack of depth and depleting assets I don't see a realistic path to adding talent to the team. We will have to focus on improvement via internal development and better coaching.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Word? 😳

I mean... I get it I guess..but still...

😳