• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would be a realistic trade for Trae

gurpilo

I am curious about what people think would be a realistic trade return for Trae Young.

Ther could be trades for Capela, JC, Bogi, Holiday… 

But I was wondering what would be the team we could have if we keep DJM, Hunter, AJ, Collins and OO. Trading Capela and Bogi and Trae, what would be the return we could get?

LOL @ this topic being up for discussion.  The national media never pays attention to this team.  Now they have 1/2 of our team in trade rumors because of so-called turmoil in our front office.

On to Milwaukee, where the King of the North awaits. Giannis is his usual stellar self, while the rest of the guys, led by Jrue Holiday, keep the Bucks steady as they go.  But a Kris Middleton hasn't regained his shooting form since coming back in late January.  Trae and Murray dominate the series, and bounce the Bucks out in 6 games as well.

That will set up the matchup between Atlanta and Boston for the EC title. 

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL @ this topic being up for discussion.  The national media never pays attention to this team.  Now they have 1/2 of our team in trade rumors because of so-called turmoil in our front office.

On to Milwaukee, where the King of the North awaits. Giannis is his usual stellar self, while the rest of the guys, led by Jrue Holiday, keep the Bucks steady as they go.  But a Kris Middleton hasn't regained his shooting form since coming back in late January.  Trae and Murray dominate the series, and bounce the Bucks out in 6 games as well.

That will set up the matchup between Atlanta and Boston for the EC title. 

Strike that entire last section.  I had 2 browsers open and was typing in another thread, lol.

• Haha 4

If it was a 1 for 1 i would say something like Trae for Jaylen Brown or Trae for Kat.

If it was player + picks  i would say something like Trae for Siakam + 1 or 2  protected 1sts. 

If it was for mostly only picks i would say  the Rudy Gobert trade is a good target to shoot for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

In fantasyland i'd say Trae for Prime Nique & Danny Manning who we'd waive. 

I love prime Nique but I've seen that story play out until its end.  I'd rather watch what happens with Trae and see if he can reach higher heights before his run in Atlanta is done than enjoy (which I would) the kind of success that Nique had here in his prime.  For good or ill.

What I thought, people don’t even want to think on that but at some point we may have better chance to build a contender trading Trae than other players. 
Is not that Trae is a bad player but I find very difficult to build a team around him and his hero ball is becoming worse with the time.

As example the 2 suggested trades for Brown and KAT paired with what we have might end on a better team. 

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

What I thought, people don’t even want to think on that but at some point we may have better chance to build a contender trading Trae than other players. 
Is not that Trae is a bad player but I find very difficult to build a team around him and his hero ball is becoming worse with the time.

As example the 2 suggested trades for Brown and KAT paired with what we have might end on a better team. 

I don't think either one of those would be good trades for us.  We've seen KAT as the best player on a team and who wants that?  Brown is a better candidate but I do think he benefits a lot from defenders focusing on Tatum first and leaving him with better opportunities that inflate his numbers relative to what they would look like if he was the #1 option.

• Like 2

hace 15 minutos, AHF dijo:

I don't think either one of those would be good trades for us.  We've seen KAT as the best player on a team and who wants that?  Brown is a better candidate but I do think he benefits a lot from defenders focusing on Tatum first and leaving him with better opportunities that inflate his numbers relative to what they would look like if he was the #1 option.

In my opinion I think Celtics should give more, something like Brown and a first, Brown and Derrick White…

But DJM/Brown/Hunter/JC/Capela is really intriguing and if we do an Ayton trade

DJM/Brown/Hunter/JC/Ayton 

White/Griffin/Crowder/JJ/OO + Damion Lee and Favors sounds like a contender to me