• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 NBA Offseason: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

Had read that he and the DET GM are old friends.

Not for long 'cause that's a contract that could quickly get the gm fired.  As has been stated, they shouldn't expect to be highly competitive any time soon.  That price tag gonna look real hefty as Monti sits as their lotto rep for the next couple years. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Per the twits, Bradli Stevens has given Joe Mazzulla the vote of confidence.   Somehow this doesn't feel like that time Pat Riley vouched for Schpo in Miami.

Kg, I was right about Brandon Miller he’s going ahead of Scoop. Told ya. :mellow: Should we find the 🧾 or fck it?

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kg, I was right about Brandon Miller he’s going ahead of Scoop. Told ya. :mellow: Should we find the 🧾 or fck it?

Wait, I thought I just said that it would be a mistake.  I could definitely see it happening.  Eh, I'll take the L.  I still think I'm over .500 (barely?). 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, I thought I just said that it would be a mistake.  I could definitely see it happening.  Eh, I'll take the L.  I still think I'm over .500 (barely?). 

How bout a tie, the tie goes to the cagey one! Let’s go see Burd in 🇨🇦 shall we? :cheer:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How bout a tie, the tie goes to the cagey one! Let’s go see Burd in 🇨🇦 shall we? :cheer:

I'm sure @JayBirdHawk is still lurking from 'cross the border.  Now's our chance to say how we really feel about her, she can't retaliate.  Haha!  Too much internet for you, burd! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smells like we have a new entrant in the 'worst player to demand a trade' sweepstakes as Peyton Pritchard has allegedly entered the fray. 

Danny Ainge get that boy to Utah!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, kg01 said:

Smells like we have a new entrant in the 'worst player to demand a trade' sweepstakes as Peyton Pritchard has allegedly entered the fray. 

I forgot, which Pritchard is he? Any memorable scenes on Modern Family that will jog my memory?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Well, first, they have to decide once-and-for-all if they're blowing things up or not, of course. Kinda weird to me that you let your NBA title head coach Nurse go, but you hadn't fully decided your direction.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well, first, they have to decide once-and-for-all if they're blowing things up or not, of course. Kinda weird to me that you let your NBA title head coach Nurse go, but you hadn't fully decided your direction.

I'm guessing it's about whether they can land a top pick this year.  If not maybe they run it back with tweaking?

17 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Watching this coaching carousel play out makes me really thankful we went ahead and grabbed Quin during the regular season.

What?  Frank Vogel or overpay for Monti doesn't tickle yer fancy? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

SAS seems to be in the loop... or he's embarrassing himself in a big way.

Pretty sure it's a, not b.

Most striking... suggests that there are people in Ja's orbit who are concerned that he might not even be alive in 5 years. Now, it is  SAS saying that. Not exactly a man without a history of overstatement. But. Sobering if it's even remotely true.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't wish ill will upon anyone, I just wish Trae got the same amount of 2nd chances the masses have given to Ja.

An (alleged) 25 game suspension after everything he has been involved in this past year would be less than a slap on the wrist at this point.

I just wish these people would be man enough to say that they chose the wrong hero

Trae is a villain, a coach killer, a bad teammate, etc... every negative title they can think of.  

Meanwhile, Ja is doing everything that the NBA has fought hard to get away from it's image, yet it's shaping up to be just some dramatic comeback story of forgiveness.

I don't get it. Trae can be one of your faces if you let him. He is not behind Ja in any way except public opinion.

I’ve always said the perception is there because of highlights. Solid game management and getting guys great looks that don’t result in monster dunks don’t show well and that hurts Trae’s perception. They just show his deep threes and a random lob to CC, so most folks assume that is his game. Ja does more flashy stuff (no pun intended for his off the court stuff) so people just assume he is better. 

• Like 2