• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you watching game 7....

Diesel

Oh mein gott, it's right in our faces and we don't see it.  Brown to WAS for Aly McBeal. 

He St.Louis bro-union thats what 13 years in the making?  It's finally gonna go down.

Move on from Brown, folx.  Who got neggst? 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Diesel said:

You got to find your Celtics Hate!!  Do it for @Wretch.

This is the best possible outcome for me.  No LeBron, Horford going home, L's all around for the C's on their court, and uncertainty in Philly...and I actually like both teams going into the Finals.  I'm not a Heat hater...mostly because of how hard they play and because I've come to respect Jimmy Butler over the years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Celtics sign Jaylen Brown to a 5 year / 200M deal

Another thing wrong here, that's an average of $40 mil per year, he will not sign that. That's less than if he signs an extension to his existing contract. 

The last year of his exiting contract is $31.8  million so an extension to this contract is plus 140%. So that's a starting salary of $44.5 million plus 8% annual raise ($48, $51.9, $56). So a 4year extension is $200 mil.

Also he's more likely to get a regular 30% max for 4 years and 5% raises as a FA from another team starting at $43 mil.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another thing wrong here, that's an average of $40 mil per year, he will not sign that. That's less than if he signs an extension to his existing contract. 

The last year of his exiting contract is $31.8  million so an extension to this contract is plus 140%. So that's a starting salary of $44.5 million plus 8% annual raise ($48, $51.9, $56). So a 4year extension is $200 mil.

Also he's more likely to get a regular 30% max for 4 years and 5% raises as a FA from another team starting at $43 mil.

download.jpg.a65814b1c58567622f6390da70ea8f03.jpg

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

The Celtics are embarrassing but this isn’t a surprise to anyone who has seen how they’ve played the last 4 years.

Jaylen brown is probably gone unless the Celtics give him the supermax 

on the trade for jaylen brown thing, I would lean no for 4 reasons:

1. This roster is not ready for a win-now move. I don’t think jaylen brown is a player that will move the needle significantly for this team or fix the core issues this team has. We will still have a bunch of cap issues, we will still have a bunch of almost one-way players, and the POA defense will still be bad.

The only moves we should be making are win-now.  Our window is short.  We are not far off from where we need to be.  Really the biggest complications we have are:  Perimeter defense & Offensive continuity.   JB helps both of those. 

2. AJ and Jalen Johnson will probably both be gone and trading two really good young players I don’t think will be worth it for a guy who does not help the problems of this roster. Jalen could be a great passer and defender on this team. AJ could be an amazing scorer which could be useful if Bogi gets traded in a year or two. Those two are super valuable.

AJG is not involved in Any trades whatsoever.   Even with JB coming.   AJG is our DJM insurance and he's also the future. 

You've seen my JB proposal:   JC, DH, and #15  for JB, Gallo, Hauser, and a future protected first.   It's a fair deal considering that Gallo probably retires and Hauser is not close to being a starter.   It heals Boston's PF position and allows Tatum to go back to SF. 

3. It will be incredibly hard to sign both Murray and Brown to contracts, so there is a good chance that Murray may leave in free agency making the Murray trade pointless. Brown can move up to SG, but we won’t have a 3. The trade could create even more cap problems. 

This is true.  However, we can sign JB because he's the more valuable piece.   We're evaluating DJM.  IF he's not working, we use him in a trade.   Like I said, AJG is the future.

4. Hawks have had a terrible history with “win-now” moves that have resulted in absolute failure and honestly I just want the front office to chill out a bit after the Murray trade. Fix the core issues of the roster first before getting another star.

Hawks have a worst history of developing until. 

Remember we had JSmoove, JCHillz, Horford, Acie, Marvin and JJ and was expected to win something?  We didn't make big trades because we were expecting to develop these players.   What happened?  Bud came in and traded out most of them for Millsap, Korver, and DMC  and we started really winning. 

Remember waiting on Augmon to do something?

Remember waiting on WIllis/Nique to do something?

Our two biggest moves that flopped (win now) were:

1.  Moses Malone and Reggie Theus. 

and the second was:

2a.  Theo, Big Dog and Shareef...

2b.  Deke,  Kukoc, and Jet

and I guess the third was:

3.  Trading Smitty for Jim Jackson and Isaiah "JR" Rider 

1.  Bringing in Moses Malone and Reggie Theus was a bad move because both of those players were out of their prime.  Moses played like he didn't give a damn.   Reggie never did find his game.  Their games didn't match up with Nique's game.  Nique was run and gun.  Reggie and Moses was walk it up. 

2a & 2b.  You wasn't going to win nothing with Lon Kruger or Terry Stotts as your coach.   Guarantee or not.   Neither of them knew how to use Jason Terry.   They both believed that he was a PG.  Terry was Trae with very little vision or instinct and not as good going to the basket. 

3.  I didn't consider this a win now move.  It was a Babcock we need to get younger move.   Smitty was a fan fav.  He was still productive.  The idea of getting two young guys who were doing well was a good thought.  However, Babcock didn't do his homework.   Rider was a bad move. 

Compare on contrast those to us trading for JB. 

JB is in his prime.  He is higher calibre.  He wants to be in Atlanta. We have Trae.  And our coach is a coaching savant. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2294243&start=40

@Diesel Boston fans responded to your trade request

Loved reading through the Boston's cries...  Boston tears taste like the best crispy bacon and the absolute best chocolate cake!!  Thanks @NBASupes

Didn't find the trade talked about... but I did see their large wish list.   Sounds like they want a PF.  Zion, KAT, etc..

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jay-z-reaction GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2294243&start=40

@Diesel Boston fans responded to your trade request

"What I do know is having a number 2 guy, who is shooting guard that cannot dribble, tries to shoot over 3 guys and has low BBIQ is never going to work on a championship team"

download.jpg.3ccd25cc6f7f8ecc4dd0b93305fc750f.jpg

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Loved reading through the Boston's cries...  Boston tears taste like the best crispy bacon and the absolute best chocolate cake!!  Thanks @NBASupes

Didn't find the trade talked about... but I did see their large wish list.   Sounds like they want a PF.  Zion, KAT, etc..

"Yuck" was the response to JC and Dre for Brown...............

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, terrell said:

"Yuck" was the response to JC and Dre for Brown...............

Can't blame them, but it may come down to if any team can offer more. Brown has not formally requested a trade btw. Until that happens I'm not gonna get too excited about a Brown trade I'm not convinced will happen.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique did you say Pierce was leaving the game early last nite?  Was there footage of this?  Just curious.  

I saw Pierce dapping people up in the 4th as he was on his way out early.   It was like 4 minutes left. 

Pierce was like...

Im Leaving GIFs | Tenor

Paul-pierce GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Paul pierce GIF on GIFER - by Mugami

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Selltic tears taste like a mix between green apple jolly ranchers and lime soda. 

Nah... 

I get Crispy Bacon and Chocolate Cake (moist).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1