2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Agreed.  And I'll also say, it should surprise NO ONE that other teams call and want to inquire about Trae.  He's uber talented and highly marketable.  It wouldn't surprise me to find out that other teams were the ones leaking to the media that the Hawks might trade Trae back in the season.  This idea that "no one wants to play with Trae" is just idiotic on its face.  

This approach makes me chuckle.  These adult dudes are like elementary school gossip starters.  These are people that need to be sent to Mars first and tell them we will be there shortly.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Appreciate the insight on the potential KAT trade.  Good to know the price may not be as steep as once thought. 

As for the Trae bit.....I'll just say I'll believe the Hawks trade Trae without him demanding a trade when I see it.  You never say never in the NBA because this is a business above all else, but the business aspect is precisely why I don't see Ressler signing off on a Trae trade.  He brings in too much money and is too popular as the face of the franchise.  Why would Ressler choose to give that up?  Not to mention the fact that the return for super star players is never equal value.  I just don't see it.  

Yeah, I don't think ownership wants empty seats regardless of what I or others think of Trae on the court.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What is as Soth is getting wheeled into the room the Hawks lane KAT! If that happens I’m going to church today, I know it’s Friday but.. 

I'm literally worried that happens 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Literally waiting since doctor was late and they left me with my cell phone 

Bro, traffic was a b*tch this morning.  🤓

9 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

Make sure it's tight, I've smacked myself in the face with my phone before 😂

So your phone did the job a lot of us have wanted?

😉

• Haha 3

Just now, Sothron said:

I'm literally worried that happens 

Ha — Sad and funny at the same time that someone has an impending procedure and is concerned about the timing of a basketball trade.  Hang in there, Sothron.  We will hold down the fort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Not trying to be debbie downer, but if a KAT trade was imminent, there would be some inkling in the media. I'll own up to it if I'm wrong, but I'm highly skeptical we are on the precipice of a KAT trade. 

Really? The media  usually seems clueless to me.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Not trying to be debbie downer, but if a KAT trade was imminent, there would be some inkling in the media. I'll own up to it if I'm wrong, but I'm highly skeptical we are on the precipice of a KAT trade. 

@thecampster confirmed my suspicions. Hawks are pursuing neither. The media narratives are from the other teams involved

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

The reason they want Trae is the reason Ressler should want to keep him, not necessarily as fans.  We'll see if the chemistry is there on the court come October -- I don't care how many jerseys we sell.  I just want the best chance to win.

Trae is definitely historic already.   But he has to be a revenue cow.  It's hard to pull the trigger on that if I'm the owner.   I read Carefully what Camp said, he said for a Major star.   I would say only for players like Tatum or something like that.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah yesterday was fun, but I think most of us are waiting for the news or non-news just like you.  We get it, despite yesterday's euphoria. 

Let yourself live, bleachk. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Put a fork in it.

Even if nothing else big happens this summer, it's pretty clear our front office wants a 3rd superstar and when one becomes available, we are well positioned with young talent to be at the front of that line.

Old news!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dame is kinda taking all the air out of the room

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

If thats the case let us keep Jalen too lol. Jalen on the bench and next to lineups where Kat is center would be amazing.

I would rather trade Jalen than either Okongwu and AJ, and one has to be included in the deal. Okongwu and KAT is a dream pair.

• Like 2