• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That Canadan guy from Canadan BSPN was on nbaradio yesterday.  In explaining the rift between TOR's old and young players, he basically said Siakim wants out of TOR.  Not sure how that fits what Stein and others are reporting but ... there's that. 

I listened to the podcast with Stein on his apple podcasts. He first admits he knows nothing about Toronto then says the buzz is about Siakam not signing long term on other teams. I don't think he actually knows anything.

Also Stein may be a mouthpiece for the Hawks FO (he always has liked the Hawks org) and permutating that Siakam won't sign long term elsewhere helps the Hawks.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You'll come around on Jalen. His ceiling is extremely high.

I'm very high on JJ, but if I have to trade one of the three it would be him in this scenario. I think AJ has a higher ceiling and OO provides a better defensive fit next to KAT to make up for his shortcomings. I was ready to let Jalen start before these KAT talks started.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah yesterday was fun, but I think most of us are waiting for the news or non-news just like you.  We get it, despite yesterday's euphoria. 

Let yourself live, bleachk. 

It's very rare that blockbuster trades come out of nowhere in today's NBA. I cant think of any recent examples of one. Everyone knew Beal was getting traded, same for Durant and Irving last season. Lillard is also a fait accompli that will get done at some point. Young guys, and role players can get traded any time without warning. But for star players, that's just not how it works in the NBA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

It's very rare that blockbuster trades come out of nowhere in today's NBA. I cant think of any recent examples of one. Everyone knew Beal was getting traded, same for Durant and Irving last season. Lillard is also a fait accompli that will get done at some point. Young guys, and role players can get traded any time without warning. But for star players, that's just not how it works in the NBA. 

Difference is those trades were driven by the players. When trades are driven by teams, FOs tend to be more secretive to try to minimize the consequences if said trade doesn’t go through. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ABH said:

I'd trade AJ in a heartbeat over JJ

AJ is a flamethrower from 3 that can score at all 3 levels. If this KAT deal goes through, he's more valuable for team building when it comes time to trade and replace Bogi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Reports about the Wolves talking KAT trade are starting to slip out. I'd expect those to heat up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Difference is those trades were driven by the players. When trades are driven by teams, FOs tend to be more secretive to try to minimize the consequences if said trade doesn’t go through. 

Yea, but you can only be so quiet, because the receiving team has to get the blessing of the star they are trading for. They have to make sure they on board. The Hawks aren't paying KAT 50 million a year unless they are sure he wants to be here and he's all in. Stars have unique leverage in that way, and if KAT is traded, he will be well aware of it beforehand. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont disagree but on your examples, those were all trade demands.  Maybe that's the difference here?  If it happens, I mean. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

AJ is a flamethrower from 3 that can score at all 3 levels. If this KAT deal goes through, he's more valuable for team building when it comes time to trade and replace Bogi.

I'd say it's more possible to find another AJ than it is to find another JJ.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, ABH said:

I'd trade AJ in a heartbeat over JJ

Are you drunk??

No disrespect... but seriously...  JJ is exciting to watch but as far as who can be a star.. AJ has it.   He has superstar potential. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Et tu KG?

I don't think you can find another AJ easily.  At 19, he's already built like a basketball god.   He's shooting at a Korver level. He is not afraid of Big moments.  He can also put the ball on the floor and he has every intangible down except Defense and passing. 

JJ is gifted.   He has a great phsique.  However, a lot of his game is based on his athleticism.   He do have two things going for him...  Passing and high motor.   He is in the Draymond mold a little... because he can pass.  His defense is not great.   His position is not set.  

Both players are gifted.. but I don't think you can find another AJ.   He's got superstar potential. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I dont disagree but on your examples, those were all trade demands.  Maybe that's the difference here?  If it happens, I mean. 

Well that's the thing, It's hard to trade a star unless they want to be traded. Their agents can easily kill the teams leverage, just as Siakam has done, by declaring he wont sign an extension. Or they stating they will only accept such and such a role with the new team, etc. If KAT tells Trae Young he's not interested in coming to Atlanta, then guess what, that trade is dead. That's just how it goes. 

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah yesterday was fun, but I think most of us are waiting for the news or non-news just like you.  We get it, despite yesterday's euphoria. 

Let yourself live, bleachk. 

Last time I said that to a friend he got a lil too comfy and cannonballed naked into the pool.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No way brohhhhh! AJ is a machine. 

22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You'll come around on Jalen. His ceiling is extremely high.

Reading between the lines, is it possible that none of the youngins will be traded in a potential KAT deal? We would be helping them out by taking KAT's massive contract.

50 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Agreed.  And I'll also say, it should surprise NO ONE that other teams call and want to inquire about Trae.  He's uber talented and highly marketable.  It wouldn't surprise me to find out that other teams were the ones leaking to the media that the Hawks might trade Trae back in the season.  This idea that "no one wants to play with Trae" is just idiotic on its face.  

what-chu-talkin-bout-what-you-talking-ab

Most likely 99 percent of the current Hawks don't like playing with him but are not gonna come out publically and say it.  You see where that got two head coaches and a GM didn't you? Most of his CURRENT teammates don't wanna play with him.  Folks keep trying to ignore and reinvent history with Trae as if we done forgot whats really going on with the Hawks:

Trae Young's feud with coach Nate McMillan could continue to escalate. However, it seems like Atlanta Hawks players may not be on his teammate's side this time.

https://bolavip.com/en/nba/NBA-News-Hawks-players-dont-side-with-Trae-Young-in-beef-with-Nate-McMillan-20221206-0015.html

Head Coach Nate McMillan And Some Of Hawks Players Don't Like Trae Young

Earlier, it was reported that Young and coach Nate McMillan appeared to have a falling out amid what has been a rather up-and-down season for the Hawks, and a recent update adds some unnamed players in the mix.

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/head-coach-nate-mcmillan-and-some-of-hawks-players-dont-like-trae-young

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Put a fork in it.

Even if nothing else big happens this summer, it's pretty clear our front office wants a 3rd superstar and when one becomes available, we are well positioned with young talent to be at the front of that line.

I’m 🤏 close to getting Pascal OFF MY AVATAR!!! Whatchu no want Spice 🌶️ n ice 🧊??? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

don't think you can find another AJ easily.

This.