• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

And what’s going through Siakam’s head? He doesn’t wanna play in Atlanta, where Trae is the purest point guard.. isn’t that a PF/X’s dream as far as unleashing their games even more?

That’s like a Deandre Hopkins in the NFL not wanting to play with Patrick Mahomie! 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

James Harden did this exact thing last offseason...took a $14.3 mil paycut so Sixers could sign PJ Tucker and some other player. He declined his player option for $47 million and resigned for 2 yrs/$68 mil (1+1 PO).

He was expecting a max contract extension this offseason, didn't happen.

So a $14.3 mil dollar haircut = $40 mil dollar haircut? 🤔

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

And what’s going through Siakam’s head? He doesn’t wanna play in Atlanta, where Trae is the purest point guard.. isn’t that a PF/X’s dream as far as unleashing their games even more?

That’s like a Deandre Hopkins in the NFL not wanting to play with Patrick Mahomie! 

It's as puzzling as OG and Barnes thinking they're ready for a bigger role offensively.  They ain't built for that action, bawse. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If he thinks he is better than Trae, which could be in his mind, maybe he doesn’t want to play second fiddle knowing it won’t be his team. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So a $14.3 mil dollar haircut = $40 mil dollar haircut? 🤔

Maybe he looked at the teams with cap space next season and said no thanks? Or he saw they already had starting PG's?

Or he just loves Atlanta and wanted to secure the bag now possibly?

I really dont care what the reason was. Im just glad he signed it.. lol

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m curious if those that want KAT so badly truly realize how bad his defense is, and how bad our defense will be with both KAT and Trae on the floor?

My preference at this point is to just trade CC and run it back with OO and JJ in the front court. 

But between KAT and PS, I question the fit more with PS. Better D than KAT but subpar shooting would result in horrid spacing issues, imo. 

I hate the KAT contract as well. So neither is a perfect option, imo. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m curious if those that want KAT so badly truly realize how bad his defense is, and how bad our defense will be with both KAT and Trae on the floor?

The rebounding with Pascal and OO will would stink.

A small, volume scoring team with poor rebounding is tough to go deep with in the playoffs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah id rather not watch Trae and KAT get targeted in PnRs for an entire playoff series — brutal to even think abt 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

DeAndre put up BIG numbers with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage ,etc at QB.

We dont need Mahomes to be great... lol

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This will never be a team that can hang it's hat on getting consistent stops like Boston. I stopped caring about that a long time ago. Why waste resources trying to extenuate a weakness when we can double down & improve a strength? The latter having an actual impact. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Offense usually beats defense 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I hope Landry has given the raptors a deadline for a decision. This has dragged on for far too long. Either make the trade or keep the guy. 

I wasn’t the biggest advocate for KAT but if we could keep OO and pair him with KAT I’d be onboard to try it out. 

the raptors are frankly annoying at this point 😂

Their Poetl acquisition last deadline was proof they don't know what they are.  The siakim stuff is just an extension of that.

I agree.  Give em a deadline then move on.  Enough is too much. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1