2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

You have no idea how drastically better we would be adding 

Herb Jones
Jarrett Allen

and possibly getting a Marcus Smart or Alex Caruso

That would be REAL INTELLIGENT GM'ing around Trae and JJ

We get Herb 🌿 Jones, Jarrett Allen and Smart I’m doing backflips.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I do believe CLE will move on from their double-big thing with Allen being odd man out.  

Aye, would we want BroLopez?  Is he done-zo or still got some juice? 

Eta.  And, if you think he's done, out it on a scale for me.  Where is he from 1 to Kl0y Th0mps0n? 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

The real argument against him is one based on his value vs his salary expectations. THAT'S the reason we shouldn't trade for him. Not some bogus narrative that he'll refuse to take 3s. 

This is the only thing giving me any sort of pause.  It's natural to compare two wing players that excel in the midrange - especially both being long/tall for their position.  But they play two different games - scorer/facilitator vs. pure scorer.  It's a different fit.

Ultimately though, I doubt we would make any moves without the input of our coaching staff.  If they sign off on it, then that is good enough for me.

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I'm also a Jarrett Allen fan. 👍🏾

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

So he's just talking about teams with small guards in general. Not about the Hawks. Got it.

By the way, how big is Trae again? 

Trae 6'-1"

CP3 6'-0"

Brunson 6'-2"

Conley 6'-0"

They all have weight advantages overTraee though.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Where is he from 1 to Kl0y Th0mps0n? 

💐 🙇‍♀️ u ain’t done ✔️ and I’m just enjoying the show is all. :applause: Proceed..

16 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

By the way, how big is Trae again? 

Biggern u.. :boobs:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I do believe CLE will move on from their double-big thing with Allen being odd man out.  

Aye, would we want BroLopez?  Is he done-zo or still got some juice? 

Eta.  And, if you think he's done, out it on a scale for me.  Where is he from 1 to Kl0y Th0mps0n? 

Agreed on the Cavs big. Still waiting for Mobley to be the next Chris Bosh on offense.

BroLo played 30 mpg this year at shot 36.6% from 3. I think he still has 'something' left and he's durable - 79 games played. $23 mil. price tag, sim to CC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

BroLopez? 

Yes enough juice Trae would send him to the all star game as a center for the eastern conference, just have your hands ready big man.

10 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm also a Jarrett Allen fan. 👍🏾

Yes.. see above 👆🏿 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:spank: 

You got me :laugh1:

Hey, I said he should be spanked first! Great minds! JINX buy me a coke! 😃 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Or a good ol’ fashion spankin.. 

@JayBirdHawk more than ON CUE!! 🤣 

• Like 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae 6'-1"

CP3 6'-0"

Brunson 6'-2"

Conley 6'-0"

They all have weight advantages overTraee though.

They also all play D except Trae

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Shut all your sources down right now and focus on fending on fake a$$ Wolves 🐺 fans.. Soth these fools tryin to bump me outta shotgun!!! F all that.. {poking sticks at them}.. UHHHHH AWAYYYY AWAYYY YOU SAVAGES.. ain’t no more room up in here for y’all…

KG tried to bump me out too! Not @kg01but the x 🐺!!!! Area21 is ATL area foo!!!! Garnett get out!!!!

Yep 👍 

IMG_4832.jpeg

And dem DAT CALI BOI :huh:

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Cavs have pick #20, not #21. 

I don't think the Pels are giving up enough to get Murray AND 10 AND Allen.  Hawks should still be getting a future pick from NOP. 

Questions:

1. Is it worth moving down 10 spots to get Herb? What is Herb's value as a stand alone picknin this draft?

2. Who do we draft at #20 - Ware?

Won't be there at 20, but will continue the Hawk's trend of quality picks and at 19 and 20.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:43 PM, JeffS17 said:

Which is why our front office declined those offers.  Yet people here still criticize them for not making enough moves, when these are the types of moves that have been available to us.  I think most of this board is still in somewhat of a denial of how little we could have done the past two years due to Schlenks overpays. Those extension overpays that had long-term ramifications and we're still unwinding them.  We're going to be in such a better place when Clint is off the books, and we get deeper into Hunters extension (his pay relative to the total cap gets smaller every year), particularly knowing that Landry has not made these same mistakes and has been signing reasonable deals.

Schlenk was such a failure. Poor spending and poor drafting are big reasons why the Hawks have little flexibility now. He had alot to do with that.

And the folks calling OO a rising star... He hasn't shown that he is anything more than a decent player up to this point. JJ showed more improvement in one year than OO has has the last 3 years.

• Sad 1