• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

image.thumb.png.266b429648cbd1bf628dd56e5c9c78ff.png

I'd rather keep AJ than trade for Daniels if Giannis were to come. Shooting will be a huge need in throughout the rotation, and Bufkin can probably handle that Daniels role well enough.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Keeping the pick and getting Sarr would make that trade worth it, in my opinion. That is still Giannis. 

Do you really think that Bucks is going to do that deal without any picks?  Yeah, they will not!

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think it is absolute BS to think Trae was calling the shots in the first place.  Like a billionaire who is too involved in these decisions is going to roll over for a 24 year old under contract for the next 4 years.  Likewise, the front office needs to make the call on any deals this summer.  They own the decisions.  No blaming Trae for whatever they do.  He isn't the GM and the only person who can override Fields is Ressler.

Well we know it wasn't the GM.. He was against the trade.....

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

Well we know it wasn't the GM.. He was against the trade.....

And we know that Fields who wanted the trade was made GM shortly thereafter…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

image.thumb.png.266b429648cbd1bf628dd56e5c9c78ff.png

I’d be so sad to see Jalen leave. But if we can win a championship in the next 2-3 years it could be worth it. 

but we’d still need to fill out the roster with shooters. I wish there was a way we could get Marcus smart somehow. 

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Gents, let’s think a bit, Bucks failed with Lillard, Middleton, Lopez, Portis, Beasley, Beverley…. So We match Lillard with Young and what is the plan to go over that level of talent with our roster? This plan has no wings

Then we will be back to square one.......again

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have heard that Trae has already told the FO to either make the team a contender now or trade him and he wants to go to the Spurs. I was told the Spurs are offering 4, 8 and all our picks back for Trae. I was told this is the  most likely scenario because Tony Ressler doesn't want to give up our first ever #1 pick and wants to use it.

Trae hasn't talked about the #1 pick because he wants it used to get a superstar player, I've heard a name twice once from my source and once from @NBASupes but I don't want to repeat it out loud just yet until my source is cool with it.  It would cost us the #1 pick, Jalen and two additional firsts and I think Capela to make it work.

IMO that's too rich. I'd rather blow this up and start over than depend on two or three guys carrying a roster. Look at the Suns or Nets and how well that turned out for them.

I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!! What I say? Didn’t I say it Trae could ask the FO to trade the pick to get a star or to trade him if they don’t?! 
Didn’t I saw that?! Yeah I said that. 
I’ll take the doubters apologies off the air thank you very much. 

I speculated KD, but we’ll see. 

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

I TOLD YOU!! I TOLD YOU!! What I say? Didn’t I say it Trae could ask the FO to trade the pick to get a star or to trade him if they don’t?! 

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

and why do we want KD for?  He is the last person in the NBA that I want on this team, and he wants to go to the Heat

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Gents, let’s think a bit, Bucks failed with Lillard, Middleton, Lopez, Portis, Beasley, Beverley…. So We match Lillard with Young and what is the plan to go over that level of talent with our roster? This plan has no wings

Bucks also had locker room turmoil, hence them firing their coach when they were a top seed in the EC.  They replaced him with Doc.  Trae is better than Dame is currently.  Depending on how the deal actually shook out and what was remaining and what we filled out the roster with, I'd dare say we'd have a better overall roster than last year's Bucks squad and comparable to the year they won. 

Of course, this is all hypothetical since no one has definitively said it was Giannis.  🫢

16 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I’d be so sad to see Jalen leave. But if we can win a championship in the next 2-3 years it could be worth it. 

but we’d still need to fill out the roster with shooters. I wish there was a way we could get Marcus smart somehow. 

Where is the shooter in this?  Smart is a great defensive bulldog, but a shooter he is not. 

hace 1 minuto, NekiEcko dijo:

Then we will be back to square one.......again

Well a core of Sheppard, JJ, Sarr and Clingan is a solid foundation for the future, players with no flaws that can fit any team. You add to that Bufkin and Gueye that are good defenders as well, and DJM, Bogi, Hunter, Bey, OO and Capela that you can convert on solid pieces for that core… We would be on a better position to be a contender but is true that 3 years back in the process, anyway I have more faith on that kind of core going forward that on current roster.

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

So, I’ll ask this again:

would you rather have 

Trae + KD

or 

Murray + Sarr

?

Why on Earth would a GM trade the #1 pick for a player in his mid-30s? 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

and why do we want KD for?  He is the last person in the NBA that I want on this team, and he wants to go to the Heat

Especially at that asking price mentioned

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that is why I mentally had DJM in the trade.  You could do something like this with picks added to balance things out some:

image.png

if we do something like this and send out the first overall pick (i just threw up in my mouth a little) then we should at least get new orleans first this year.  

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

if we do something like this and send out the first overall pick (i just threw up in my mouth a little) then we should at least get new orleans first this year.  

I'd be fine with this trade if we don't give up the 1st pick.  I don't think I'd want to do it if we do.  That would be the sticking point for me.  

We could have: 

Trae / Bogi / Hunter /  Giannis / OO

Kobe / Daniels / Vit / Mo / Sarr

Vit plus vets at the end of the bench

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Do you really think that Bucks is going to do that deal without any picks?  Yeah, they will not!

I said the pick, implying the #1 pick only. My proposed trade has us sending picks with N.O. to MIL

23 minutes ago, GameTime said:

giphy.gif

Fair enough lol. My mind is racing with all these scenarios 😂

I like Marcus defensive presence but have to acknowledge he’s not the kind of shooter we would need. 

• Haha 1