• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just logged into Canada VPN. Basically saying everything I've heard. That Siakam doesn't seem interested in Atlanta. There is no real market for him outside of Atlanta and they don't like the cost. 

Welp who's next?

PJ Washington?

Christain Wood?

Trade for DFS, or someone else?

Or just roll with Bey/JJ?

Edited by terrell

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

Welp who's next?

PJ Washington?

Christain Wood?

Trade for DFS, or someone else?

Or just roll with Bey/JJ?

I’d like to learn more about PJ Washington and his development.  Charlotte can put a stink on a player.  Same thing with Orlando— How has Wendell Carter developed?  (Not too good, huh?) I’m not advocating for adding these players.  I simply haven’t followed them since being considered solid prospects.

Is Bojan a player we would look at?  

Weird feeling that we end up sending Hunter/Capela to LAC for PG and run — Trae: DJ: PG: JJ: OO

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just logged into Canada VPN. Basically saying everything I've heard. That Siakam doesn't seem interested in Atlanta. There is no real market for him outside of Atlanta and they don't like the cost. 

For the first time since Siakam has been rumored to ATL via trade I feel like Hawks FO actually has all the power, leverage, & control on any deal involving Siakam (assuming they are still pursuing him and waiting on TOR to accept the reality).

I know you’ve been saying this for a while but this reaching national attention just made Ujiri job tougher. In fact I’m not seeing a way they can get back a fair deal for Siakam if they keep holding out!….That was first negative domino to drop nationally in the nba world “Hawks been trying to get a deal done but  Siakam not willing to resign to any team that trades for him”…..the next negative domino will be way worse when it hits national media “locker room issues between Pascal , FVV, and the young players this past season. OG and Barnes are ready to move on from Siakam to take on larger roles”…..OR….the next headline could be “Toronto is reluctant to pay Siakam a super max contract next off season”

Ujiri and Toronto FO is playing with fire and Landry and our FO knows it! Lol….I bet our offer on the table just got slightly worse. Wait until Murray signs that extension! Ujiri knows damn well…he ain’t getting Murray in any deal for Siakam! 😂 

2 hours ago, Hawkish said:

Weird feeling that we end up sending Hunter/Capela to LAC for PG and run — Trae: DJ: PG: JJ: OO

The Clips probably want more …but just like the raptors they too will realize the true market for their aging star player.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Thank you Jesus!

LOL…I thought we may be out of the Siakam race too but now I’m thinking we have all the leverage with the best offer out there for him that has a huge potential of getting worse IF Murray extends tonight.

Siakams trade value is just getting worse as the days go by.

• Like 2

The problem with this trade talk is that we are not making more moves and now all the stretch five options are gone, Bamba, López and Bryant ar signed.

In my opinion this was key for our team as Capela and OO only play on the Paint, adding one of these players would create a lot of rotation options, now we are constrained.

• Premium Member

If the Hawks are truly serious about Siakam....

Landry is slow playing this like a Boss.  Especially with the signing of Bufkin and the new focus on DJ.

If DJ resigns with us...  Landry has basically put Toronto in a position where the only deal will be Hunter/Capela ish... Especially if he holds strong that we're not giving up AJ or OO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

The deal is dead...dude doesn't want to play here. Time to move on.

lol one of 3 things will happen so I hate to burst your bubble.

1. Hawks FO is chasing him - eventually a trade will be done similar to how Morey chased Harden. Similar to how other suitors weren't there in Harden, I haven't seen anything regarding other teams chasing him.

2. Raptors slow play him into UFA and gain nothing 

3. Raptors max extend him (LOL)

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

lol one of 3 things will happen so I hate to burst your bubble.

1. Hawks FO is chasing him - eventually a trade will be done similar to how Morey chased Harden. Similar to how other suitors weren't there in Harden, I haven't seen anything regarding other teams chasing him.

2. Raptors slow play him into UFA and gain nothing 

3. Raptors max extend him (LOL)

Agreed. Just tryin to wish it into existence.  

• Premium Member

Per the above ^

For teams calling about trading for Damian Lillard, the message from the Portland Trail Blazers has been unambiguous: Bring your best offer and make your team our preferred trade destination. General manager Joe Cronin doesn't plan to operate a transfer portal to the Miami Heat and dutifully deliver history's greatest Blazer to his targeted team.

Ownership plans to honor Lillard's request for a trade, but Blazers officials are telling teams they'll move Lillard for only the deepest return of assets available. Portland is pursuing the sliding scale superstar package of desirable draft picks and high-level young players. For the summer, Cronin's betting the market over Miami.

As he executes the exit of the greatest player in franchise history, executives talking to Cronin describe him as devoid of sentiment. Business for Lillard, business for the Blazers.

We'll see if the Blazers stick to this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1