• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Definitely cold but, as AH alludes, there's probably a bunch of stuff done and said by the player and agent that weaponized the org against him.

I imagine it was a combination of him doing that and the fact that (a) he asked for a trade because he wasn't content to play for a non-contender in Portland (which means that the odds are high he will be discontent not contending in the future only worse because they will be worse than ever) and (b) the team is better off just ripping off the bandaid and moving into a full rebuild with the picks and assets they end up with rather than being a mid to late lottery team while rebuilding with Dame.  So it makes sense that they wouldn't want to go back given his own actions and the state of the franchise.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Definitely cold but, as AH alludes, there's probably a bunch of stuff done and said by the player and agent that weaponized the org against him.

Cronin is it? He’s climbing on my fav dudes list. Sorry Dame you said you wanted out. 

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s upset it’s natural. What up hillbilly boy! So you never liked Dame either huh? 😂 

Spud, the hell you been at the last 10 years?  I been trashing dude consistently in the home court forum as he’s led his team to basically nothing in that time frame.  Read some actual critical thinking on the NBA instead of inane Twitter ramblings that confirm your biases.  heat fans who are hurt they didn’t land Dame are millennials and Zs who watch soccer players prance around in pink unis and just jumped on the Dolphins bandwagon yesterday who wouldn’t recognize Jason Taylor if he drop kicked them in the face.

And I’m not “back” @kg01, just answered a question posed by @JeffS17 that I saw in my email.  

Edited by benhillboy

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the heck happened to this guy...out of nowhere this offseason?

Looks like drugs to me.  Check out some of his social media posts this offseason.   Makes AJ look sane.

He also was out here saying he would "cook" prime-Shaq.  Citing his own fg% or some other such nonsense.  Guy's wacko. 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What the heck happened to this guy...out of nowhere this offseason?

I highly suggest listening to the Locked On Hornets podcast. Those two guys are awesome and funny. They have been following this train wreck for weeks. Basically Kai Jones is either having or had a mental health episode (the best way I can describe it) where he made crazy claims on social media. He also attacked his own teammates specifically Mark Williams and Nick Richards, the two centers ahead of him on the depth chart. 

If he's not either on drugs or having a mental health issue then I have no way of explaining his behavior in the offseason. He's a third string center in danger of being out of the NBA before this happened. After this? Yeah, I don't know how he comes back. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I highly suggest listening to the Locked On Hornets podcast. Those two guys are awesome and funny. They have been following this train wreck for weeks. Basically Kai Jones is either having or had a mental health episode (the best way I can describe it) where he made crazy claims on social media. He also attacked his own teammates specifically Mark Williams and Nick Richards, the two centers ahead of him on the depth chart. 

If he's not either on drugs or having a mental health issue then I have no way of explaining his behavior in the offseason. He's a third string center in danger of being out of the NBA before this happened. After this? Yeah, I don't know how he comes back. 

I just read this behavior started after his grandmother passed. 😔 

• Sad 1